No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: You can tell a lot about a man by looking at how [Re: bucksnbears] #8150742
06/06/24 06:36 AM
06/06/24 06:36 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Meh.., most people turn out to be [ in the long run】 like the people they hang with.
A parent can instill the best they can until bout age 16ish and hope for the best after that.
I admire young people that grew up poor but are respectful then ones that have been coddled and grew up entitled.

How about poor and coddled and turn out respectfully and worked to much or at least been told that?

Re: You can tell a lot about a man by looking at how [Re: Providence Farm] #8150754
06/06/24 06:59 AM
06/06/24 06:59 AM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
I disagree, We have an impact but a lot changes once they are out and who they marry.

Re: You can tell a lot about a man by looking at how [Re: Providence Farm] #8150765
06/06/24 07:13 AM
06/06/24 07:13 AM
UP Michigan
Yooper1978 Offline
trapper
Yooper1978  Offline
trapper

UP Michigan
Each human has a mind of their own. We all have the freedom to choose right and wrong regardless of what our parents taught.

Re: You can tell a lot about a man by looking at how [Re: Providence Farm] #8150767
06/06/24 07:15 AM
06/06/24 07:15 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Online happy
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Online Happy
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Have any adults other than your parents influenced some of y’all?

-Goofy-
Re: You can tell a lot about a man by looking at how [Re: Yooper1978] #8150776
06/06/24 07:24 AM
06/06/24 07:24 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Yooper1978
Each human has a mind of their own. We all have the freedom to choose right and wrong regardless of what our parents taught.

Genetics can limit abilities, some have addiction traits and have a very big struggle, others have not a single issue with that, some people can't get their shoes on the right feet others are rocket scientist.

You can't choose different if you don't know there are different lifestyle options out there. One example is had I know about some different careers and how to get there I would have chose to do things differently. Now it's to late. Things like commercial pilot have mandatory retirement ages.

Back to the original post, highest office in the land rich kids of old men. One has successfully kids the other well.....

Yes people can drastically overcome hardships and others can throw great opportunity away nothing is absolutely in stone. But a huge predictor of future success is if they have a good father in the home.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 06/06/24 07:40 AM.
Re: You can tell a lot about a man by looking at how [Re: HobbieTrapper] #8150781
06/06/24 07:26 AM
06/06/24 07:26 AM
east central WI
K
k snow Offline
trapper
k snow  Offline
trapper
K

east central WI
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Have any adults other than your parents influenced some of y’all?

Absolutely. Grandparents for sure. My boss at my first job as a 15 year old. Several older guys I worked with when I was younger that I respected quite a bit.

We are always learning, growing and changing. Whether we admit it or not.

Re: You can tell a lot about a man by looking at how [Re: Providence Farm] #8150784
06/06/24 07:27 AM
06/06/24 07:27 AM
MT
S
snowy Online content
trapper
snowy  Online Content
trapper
S

MT
Parents do have a huge part in how a child turns out. The foundation and teaching have to come from the people that raised that person. Each person is their own identity but the way they are taught plays one of the biggest factors in how that child lives their life. Those foundations the parent has taught him will always be their foundation when they have to make choices.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: You can tell a lot about a man by looking at how [Re: Providence Farm] #8150816
06/06/24 08:31 AM
06/06/24 08:31 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Kids get their heads screwed on at an early age, some say age 3 or 4 . They get it set by whoever they are around. They are already establishing golden rules, either good or whacked. They are even becoming aware of being a difference between legal social rules and legal moral rules. Unknowingly with the wrong influence they learn to sick the wrong dog in the fight.

Change is sometimes easy and sometimes it takes a road to Damascus experience.

Re: You can tell a lot about a man by looking at how [Re: Providence Farm] #8150858
06/06/24 09:46 AM
06/06/24 09:46 AM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Online content
trapper
Nessmuck  Online Content
trapper
N

New Hampshire
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by Yooper1978

Genetics can limit abilities, some have addiction traits and have a very big struggle, others have not a single issue with that, some people can't get their shoes on the right feet others are rocket scientist.

You can't choose different if you don't know there are different lifestyle options out there. One example is had I know about some different careers and how to get there I would have chose to do things differently. Now it's to late. Things like commercial pilot have mandatory retirement ages.

Back to the original post, highest office in the land rich kids of old men. One has successfully kids the other well.....

Yes people can drastically overcome hardships and others can throw great opportunity away nothing is absolutely in stone. But a huge predictor of future success is if they have a good father in the home.

Had a friend in Highschool ..whos father was a little too hard on him..

He's in prison...and the ol man's dead.

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread