No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8174809
07/16/24 11:47 AM
07/16/24 11:47 AM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

grin

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Leftlane] #8174812
07/16/24 11:49 AM
07/16/24 11:49 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Leftlane
LMBO Is spelling common since?

Distracted at the fair. But hey at least I can help you feel like a a big man and keep taking shots. Trying to with bringing up financial stuff on this unrelated thread an then jumping on spelling. Sorry your probably in debt
and dont like when others are doing well. Whatever it takes to make you feel good about yourself i guess. Glad i can help. Carry on.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/16/24 11:50 AM.
Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8175138
07/16/24 08:16 PM
07/16/24 08:16 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana

Got a shipping notice from mid way then later from UPS shipping notice scheduled to be delivered Thursday. Now wonder if it will infact show up Thursday.

For the large volume warning guys what's considered large volume? When I see what the media considers an arsenal I just think to myself heck that not even enough for a trip out back to the range.

For some it may be a few hundred rounds others a few thousand other is pallet or maybe drum. Some cal makes a difference because a case of .22 is 5000 and may not be a lot vs maybe 5000 30/06 would be a lot to the same person. Clay shooters may shoot 30k + rounds in a year and not be considered a big shooter compared to others in their circles. I guess what I'm saying large orders mean different things to each person so what's a large order to those reporting or being reported to?

Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8175164
07/16/24 08:48 PM
07/16/24 08:48 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Geeze dude lay of the sugar

It will show up when it shows and up

"Gold is money, everything else is just credit" JP Morgan
Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Steven 49er] #8175216
07/16/24 09:42 PM
07/16/24 09:42 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Geeze dude lay of the sugar

It will show up when it shows and up

I won't be home for days after it shows up. I'm in no hurry. The thread Is about delivery times more than o boy I got the delivery. Yep I'm low on a few things but my low is over stocked or a hoarding to others. In fact I found several boxes I didn't realize I had today of some of the stuff I ordered. And when my order arrives it will go in am ammo can get labeled and put up and I will still think I'm low on that cal. I'm like a squirrel when it come to ammo.

Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8175284
07/16/24 11:56 PM
07/16/24 11:56 PM
ND
M
MJM Offline
trapper
MJM  Offline
trapper
M

ND
When you says boxes, are you talking boxes of 20 rounds, Shoe boxes, foot lockers size box, or pick up box size?

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8175295
07/17/24 12:30 AM
07/17/24 12:30 AM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

You're right the spelling wisecrack was a purdy cheap shot. My bad.
What I should have said was please consider paying a professional to give the kiddos some shooting and gun safety lessons. They won't be little for long and if we fail them as fathers they can be scared for life. It wasn't firearms related but I failed my son a single day at a single afternoon perf and he wears a scar from it. He wanted to get a picture of himself riding roughstock in a hat (no helmet). The same still photographer that shot the PBR finals was there that day and I let him talk me into it.

He acts like he is fine with it, but I still get sick to my stomach when I think about how I didn't protect him.

Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Leftlane] #8175315
07/17/24 02:17 AM
07/17/24 02:17 AM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
You're right the spelling wisecrack was a purdy cheap shot. My bad.
What I should have said was please consider paying a professional to give the kiddos some shooting and gun safety lessons. They won't be little for long and if we fail them as fathers they can be scared for life. It wasn't firearms related but I failed my son a single day at a single afternoon perf and he wears a scar from it. He wanted to get a picture of himself riding roughstock in a hat (no helmet). The same still photographer that shot the PBR finals was there that day and I let him talk me into it.

He acts like he is fine with it, but I still get sick to my stomach when I think about how I didn't protect him.

My boys can teach most of the big gun guys safety lessons and have better gun handling and shoot no shoot situation like nope won't that that shot at that big buck in the ridge because I can't see what's behind it and self control not to than most adults I have been around. Goes the same for them not shooting a nicer buck that walks out after they just filled their buck tag on a smaller buck 16 mins before. Very few adults I know would show the self control my boys have including me when I was younger but much older than than he was at the time.

I once failed to protect one of my sons doing something each and every one off us does and have done every single day and I still do today with my two boys. That was put him in a vehicle in his 5 point side impact tested most expensive car seat on the market. Doing everything right above and beyond and you still can't keep them
safe. And he was still killed due to someone else's neglect and mistake. Yet I failed to be able to keep him safe and allowed him to be in a position to be killed. Irrational though maybe yet I still have it. Just that same as my wife holdes herself responsible for not seeing the truck comment that ran the light and hit us since she was driving. Yes it's Irrational but we still manage to try to blaim ourselves. So with every single thing I alow them the kids to do regardless of how much I try to keep them safe or account for every possible outcome I have that worry. Do I hold them back and not let them ride the dirt bikes or cliff rappel, or any other activities that are generally safe yet pose life and death risk. We can't wrap them in bubble wrap I tell myself. Better they learn at a young age and be given big responsibility that is what build strong men and future leaders. At our country's founding 20 year olds we're leasing the army and saling ships across the ocean. Today 30 year old live in their parents basement and play video games. The difference is there used to be expectations an responsibility give to kids at a very young age.

You ment well he got a scar you both learned a lesson. He learned dad was right wear the safety gear. You learned to stick to your guns about it. Sounds like you got lucky and it could have been worse still dose not make I any easier for you. I understand that feeling of failure to protect as a dad that had his young son killed on his watch an arms length away and I sat there injured with fractured skull and looked at him but was not even with it enough to be able to move my arms and get out of my seat belt or get to him. I could only manage to turn my head and think he was asleep, my wife looked asleep and my daughter 5 at the time was flipping out and I keep trying to get to her but could not move anything but my neck. I see it clear as day still as I type it out and I don't know how because I don't member the life flight or more than a few hours and flashes of the next few weeks .

I train my kids and have no worries about them. It's others that will put them in danger. Knowing that I test them now and then. I have wondered Will they speak up if they end up out with friends and see them doing things Unsafe will they call them out on it, we all hope so but, how do we know? You train them in safety at a very young age right from the start tell its 2nd nature no thought involved. I purposely do something or make it look like I'm getting ready to do something questionable now and then like going to take a.shot with questionable back stop and see If they call me out and do so with authority. . If they are quick to get onto me they should get onto another kid or friend. At least that's about the best I can come up with. My boys have been handling guns from a very young age. My wife was mad she thought they were lighting fire crackers when I was up at the barn with her and not with them. When it turns out that it was my 14 year old shooting extended distance out to 100 with his .22 to learn his drop she apologized for getting mad at him. She know he is and has been good to go with guns for years. But weak firecrackers she was concerned with.

Operating vehicles, equipment, mowers, chain saws, tractors, guns, bows × bows, tools. My boys are good to go better than.most adults. My youngest is the dare devel on some things like ramping his bike high enough to bend the front forks far enough forward to kink the pipes and make it trash, ridding wheelies, or in a wagon down a steep hill. But he won't take chances with guns because I made it very clear there are zero exceptions at a very young age. But shooting and hunting have alway been my primary interest and hobbies. So my kids got interested in what dad likes as most boys tend to do. I have no issues with training just with some "trainers," abilities and bad habits I have witnessed. Also why I don't shoot at public ranges except with rare exceptions. I'm not bullet proof after all.

I'm sure I will get some know it all push back from some but at 4 the kids were packing their empty rifles on "hunts" (walks) with me behind them reminding them about where the muzzle was pointed, finger off the trigger, and not muzzle sweeping me when they turned to talk to me. When we would get to a hot hickory tree I would sit them between my legs let them load it and wait for a shot where I had 100% abilities to control the gun. Then un.load and repeat watching their gun handling on the way back to the house. Man that seem like a lifetime ago now.

My youngest has a nice scare on his forhead from the front peg of his brothers bike when he went down and his brother was following to.close and didn't turn fast enough and clipped him. He doesn't act like it bothers him. Infact I think they like their scars and think they make them look tough.

We.can only do our best to train them to make good decisions..the rest is up to them and God. I'm sure they could use some professional training in many other areas I can't help them much on like riding horses more than just ploping in the saddle and pulling the reingand dirt bikes. Two things I'm at best a beginning amateur at and knowledge training would be a very smart choice. Not just for them but i could use lessons myself as well.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/17/24 02:28 AM.
Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8175371
07/17/24 07:54 AM
07/17/24 07:54 AM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

My heart goes out to every parent who has lost a child including you and your wife. I'm pretty sure I'd be a big mess for a while if I'd had to go thru that, but as parents of other kids, you simply wouldn't have had that option. Instead, no matter how tough it was at the time, y'all would have had to demonstrate how strong you were so the other little ones didn't pattern after bad behavior.

I must have had you confused with someone else on here. At some point, somebody's little guy was runnin out to a coon in the garden type thing and had an accidental discharge. That bothered me. It bothered me a lot and still does. My apologies - I thought that post came from you.

Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8175498
07/17/24 11:33 AM
07/17/24 11:33 AM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
3-5 for me as well.

Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8175518
07/17/24 12:02 PM
07/17/24 12:02 PM
Arkansas
T
Trappin Arkansas Offline
trapper
Trappin Arkansas  Offline
trapper
T

Arkansas
I placed a order yesterday 7/16/24 at 11:23am I just got my confirmation email that it’s been shipped with a delivery date of 7/20/24 guessing they did a good fast job of getting it shipped IMO

Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Leftlane] #8176659
07/18/24 08:52 PM
07/18/24 08:52 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
My heart goes out to every parent who has lost a child including you and your wife. I'm pretty sure I'd be a big mess for a while if I'd had to go thru that, but as parents of other kids, you simply wouldn't have had that option. Instead, no matter how tough it was at the time, y'all would have had to demonstrate how strong you were so the other little ones didn't pattern after bad behavior.

I must have had you confused with someone else on here. At some point, somebody's little guy was runnin out to a coon in the garden type thing and had an accidental discharge. That bothered me. It bothered me a lot and still does. My apologies - I thought that post came from you.

That was me and my daughter. She was 18 at the time and tripped with the speed of going down the back stairs on her way out to dispatch a coon. Her hands went up to catch herself and with the impact on the ground the gun was pointed back at her shoulder and with the reflexes of falling her finger must have ended up in the trigger guard. You were correct it was me 4 years ago.

Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8176661
07/18/24 08:54 PM
07/18/24 08:54 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Wife just txt saying my package arrived and my daughter put it in the house. Not bad 4 business days 5 if you want to count ordering faster noon on sun but I don't count that

Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8176664
07/18/24 08:56 PM
07/18/24 08:56 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Not bad at all. You would have took my $ if we'd bet. Lol

Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8177035
07/19/24 09:41 AM
07/19/24 09:41 AM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

I am glad she is ok and the worst didn't happen. I also agree with that misguided Kansas guy (bless his pointy lil head) that isn't bad at all on the delivery time. Fnt & MTP spoil us do everyone else looks slow by comparison (except Valley Vet Supply.
I sure wish they sold ammo LOL)

Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8177313
07/19/24 06:36 PM
07/19/24 06:36 PM
Arkansas
T
Trappin Arkansas Offline
trapper
Trappin Arkansas  Offline
trapper
T

Arkansas
Ju st received my ammo I ordered fast friendly service

Re: Bets on how long delivery takes? [Re: Providence Farm] #8177987
07/20/24 04:41 PM
07/20/24 04:41 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Just got home and opened the box. 49 lbs makes for some rought handling during shipping. 3 of the cci 100 round plastic boxed were busted open and the bullets all mixed in the bottle of the box and 4 more cracked or busted but didn't lose any ammo. Had 1 k of sub sonic hp and 2 k of mini mags, and at least 12 boxes each of 243 and 350 legend I think may have been 15 or 20 boxes each i went back and forth and cant remember. May go count in a little while to much to do now that im home . Guess it could be worse and the box could have ripped out and had missing ammo.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/20/24 04:41 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread