No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Kid is growing up #8175176
07/16/24 09:07 PM
07/16/24 09:07 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana

As I pulled into the parking lot at work I got a txt from my wife. It was an obvious covertly taked picture of my 11 year old walking with a young lady at the fair.

Now for all the non fair people. Fair week is a big deal and kids in 4 H nearly live there. Getting there early to fees, water, clean up, and grooming their animals to look their best. Then they help their friends, work the booths in shifts, set up and move pens for different shows and get to run around having full run of the grounds with their friends.

My son didn't see my wife she just noticed him walking with this young girl. I think it was a shock to her to see her baby showing interest. Apparently they worked the food booth in the arena together during some of the shows. Of course she just found that out and I pointed out now she knows why he had such an interest In getting back to the food booth to work it again.

Now being a guy I had to mess with my wife in my first reply. And told her that's my boy, my mom was just saying how sawyer was exactly like me and like having me little all over again. He should know all the dark secluded places at the fair by now. Now I naturally was just messing with my wife because he is only 11 but her response was like she had not thought about how he was like me and having known me since we were 16 she just replied "O God now you are scaring me" to which I replied " well I do want grand kids". Again this is just messing with my wife but I thought it funny with my male since of humor.

She txt later the girl wanted to ride rides so he cane to get some cash for himself to do so. She gave him cash I told her give him plenty. I guess my wife got to talk with her dad and they live pretty close by us and know our place because he knew my great uncle. She said they seemed like a very nice family. Small world.

Told my wife it may motivate him to start cleaning up the yard and doing his chores with more motivation if it gets to where she starts coming over. Also may get him interested in horses more. Girls all love horses after all.

We home school so the boys interaction with girls is more limited to church 4 h and other activities. Just another step in growing up. Not sure mom is quite ready for the baby to grow up yet.

Re: Kid is growing up [Re: Providence Farm] #8175183
07/16/24 09:14 PM
07/16/24 09:14 PM
Pennsylvania
elsmasho82 Online content
trapper
elsmasho82  Online Content
trapper

Pennsylvania
They get interested too young!!! That’s really cute tho! I’m glad they are enjoying the fair together! I bet they have a lot in common coming from how you guys raise them. Tell mom not to panic lol

Re: Kid is growing up [Re: Providence Farm] #8175190
07/16/24 09:17 PM
07/16/24 09:17 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
ahh , yup fair week is a big to do
well you could do worse than a 4-H girl

I saw that happen many a time , as a 4-H leader and superintendent

one of my 4-H youth is engaged to his fair friend of a few years he just graduated tech school as a diesel mechanic.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Kid is growing up [Re: elsmasho82] #8175208
07/16/24 09:28 PM
07/16/24 09:28 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by elsmasho82
They get interested too young!!! That’s really cute tho! I’m glad they are enjoying the fair together! I bet they have a lot in common coming from how you guys raise them. Tell mom not to panic lol

Ya, "took" ( mom drove obviously ) my girlfriend out for my first date to a movie in the 3rd grad. My 14 year old had a crush on an older girl at church for a while a year or so back but she was older and more interested in being a missionary and she got a lot of attention from all the boysnthat followed her around like puppies and she enjoyed the attention acting like she didn't and strung them all along. . I pointed out things girls do when they get a lot of attention to him and he started seeing it and lost interest. Has not been interested much other than that. Infact leaving bass pro 2 nights back I noticed a girl checking him out and he had no clue and didn't even seem to notice her. Hard for a boy to miss with her short shorts and small top but he never looked her way. Yet the boy will see a deer, or coyotes 400 yards away . After noticing he doesn't notic the girls much especially the ones hard to miss. I couldn't help asking him if he saw that girl over there in he looked and I told him she was checking him out. He didn’t seem to believe me and asked if I was sure. Yes son I'm sure.

Like mom said my youngest is the most like me. That is not necessarily a good thing.

Re: Kid is growing up [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #8175226
07/16/24 09:56 PM
07/16/24 09:56 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
ahh , yup fair week is a big to do
well you could do worse than a 4-H girl

I saw that happen many a time , as a 4-H leader and superintendent

one of my 4-H youth is engaged to his fair friend of a few years he just graduated tech school as a diesel mechanic.

Exactly right. I have had concerns about the boys finding wife quality women because I'm trying to raise Husband quality young men. The fair/farm girls are likely to be a great place to find that. But way to young to think in that direction yet. But its great to see the kids hanging out with other grounded well spoken kids from good families. Especially developing friendships young and being neighbors( country neighbors you know not in sight but within 8 miles )

Re: Kid is growing up [Re: Providence Farm] #8175272
07/16/24 11:26 PM
07/16/24 11:26 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I probably missed all sorts of signs when I was a kid/young man

I see my son missing them now and point them out sometimes

they don't always like hearing you saw something like that.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Kid is growing up [Re: Providence Farm] #8175309
07/17/24 01:17 AM
07/17/24 01:17 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by elsmasho82

Ya, "took" ( mom drove obviously ) my girlfriend out for my first date to a movie in the 3rd grad. My 14 year old had a crush on an older girl at church for a while a year or so back but she was older and more interested in being a missionary and she got a lot of attention from all the boysnthat followed her around like puppies and she enjoyed the attention acting like she didn't and strung them all along. . I pointed out things girls do when they get a lot of attention to him and he started seeing it and lost interest. Has not been interested much other than that. Infact leaving bass pro 2 nights back I noticed a girl checking him out and he had no clue and didn't even seem to notice her. Hard for a boy to miss with her short shorts and small top but he never looked her way. Yet the boy will see a deer, or coyotes 400 yards away . After noticing he doesn't notic the girls much especially the ones hard to miss. I couldn't help asking him if he saw that girl over there in he looked and I told him she was checking him out. He didn’t seem to believe me and asked if I was sure. Yes son I'm sure.

Like mom said my youngest is the most like me. That is not necessarily a good thing.

Mmm. That doesn't sound too good. Prayers sent.

Re: Kid is growing up [Re: Providence Farm] #8175696
07/17/24 03:02 PM
07/17/24 03:02 PM
Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
west river rogue Offline
trapper
west river rogue  Offline
trapper

Philippines, s.e. asia,ohio
I send condolences,also dreading when my boy hits it because i was around his age when it happened with me

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread