No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
MacFarlane Pheasants lost 55,000 gamebirds. #8176648
07/18/24 08:43 PM
07/18/24 08:43 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline OP
trapper
KeithC  Offline OP
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
MacFarlane Pheasants, our largest producer of pheasants and partridge in the US lost 55,000 pheasants and partridge to a tornado.

https://www.pheasant.com/about-us/blog/the-tornados-toll

The birds are dead or loose.

I've bought many thousands of pheasants from MacFarlanes since the 1990s. They have always treated me well. I hope they can recover.

Keith

Re: MacFarlane Pheasants lost 55,000 gamebirds. [Re: KeithC] #8176717
07/18/24 09:22 PM
07/18/24 09:22 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
The birds are a hit to the bottom line, but how bad did the infrastructure get hit? They may be set back a bunch if they can get back to hatching quickly but if it takes a few months to rebuild before they can get back into business that may sink them. Hopefully No one was hurt and they were insured well and can recover quickly.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread