No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: State income generation [Re: Oleo Acres] #8182836
07/27/24 02:42 PM
07/27/24 02:42 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Oleo Acres
Scout leader shoulda kniwn the motto-Be Prepared

Poor taste.

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182839
07/27/24 02:46 PM
07/27/24 02:46 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
When you dads and granddads are driving your children and grandkids around, do you tell them to buckle up?

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182847
07/27/24 03:08 PM
07/27/24 03:08 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
I get what PF is saying here , seatbelt violations and the occasional licence lamp burnt out are clearly revenue generators plus officers bend rules as much as possible including breaking laws to get you a much bigger offence.

During Covid , the police here put all very minor traffic stops on pause. More serious incidents were still charged but the small stuff was dropped to minimise spread of Covid. Citizen/police favorable relationships went way up as the public didn't have the police on their backs every minute. Life was good , people were happy.

In my state we do not have a helmet law for motorcycles , just eye protection. I wear glasses so no bother for me. I wear a helmet everytime I ride. I encourage my friends to do the same and to buy a quality helmet. I am totally against helmet laws. " Let those who ride , decide " If I want to ride my bike a very short distance to visit a neighbor or something , without a helmet it is nice to not get a ticket.

Be aware , with more and more cars on the road with LED bulbs and some cars that monitor every light on your car and will tell one is burnt out , cops will find other 'reasons' like a seat belt , tinted windows or other reason to go fishing or shake you down for money.

NRA benefactor member
Re: State income generation [Re: Lugnut] #8182868
07/27/24 03:39 PM
07/27/24 03:39 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Online content
trapper
yotetrapper30  Online Content
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Lugnut
Wearing a seatbelt should not be government mandated. It should be a choice. I agree that it is law simply to generate revenue.

I also think that if you choose not to wear one you are unaware of how much that choice increases your chances of being injured or killed in an auto accident. Either that or you just don't give a crap.

My wife never wore one. Said the same thing as Danny, it irritated her neck.

Two young girls rear-ended her while she was stopped in traffic at an intersection a couple of years ago. She broke the windshield with her head in the lower corner of the passenger side. It's weird how the forces involved can toss your body around like a rag doll.

It was just dumb luck that she didn't break her neck.

If she'd have been wearing her seat belt she would have been uninjured.

For every story like that ones, there are also opposite ones. My mother, when I was young, hit a telephone pole doing 60mph. At impact, she was thrown into the passenger seat. The steering wheel cut the driver's seat in half. Thank God she wasn't wearing a seat belt.

About 5 years ago, I lost control of my SUV and swiped a guardrail doing 80mph. The truck rolled... I don't know how many times... I always see where someone said the car rolled X amount of times... unless someone else sees it rolling I don't see how the occupant can tell. I don't know if it rolled 2 times or 20 but I ended up 60 yards from the road when the treeline finally stopped it from rolling. During that time I was rolling with the truck, bouncing around inside it like a pinball. I ended up in the back of the SUV. I had a pretty good gash on my thigh, but other than that I was fine. They had to cut me out with the jaws of life. Again, the steering wheel and whole engine were basically in the front driver seat. I was supposed to have air bags, but they never deployed. Dang glad I wasn't wearing a seat belt that day!

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182878
07/27/24 03:56 PM
07/27/24 03:56 PM
Idaho Falls, ID
G
Grandpa Trapper Offline
trapper
Grandpa Trapper  Offline
trapper
G

Idaho Falls, ID
Providence [/quote]

1st neither of you seem to be able to read and comprehend its in a post above.

2 it's my life and no one else's and just a method to make more money for the state at best but oft time just another excuse to use to pull people over for a fishing expedition.

3. My scout leader is dead because he could not get out of his seat belt and hung in it tell he died so they also take life's.

4 grandpa I never said anything negative other than give me the ticket and move on it's all about making more money and an excuse to pull people over and ask questions. As far as deserve a ticket you must be someone that needs the government to tell you everything to do and control every aspect of your life. I'm more of a remove warning labels and expect people to be responsible and deal with their choices and results of their actions.

You sound like someone that wants the government to control everything in his life. Pretty sad but there are all types out there. [/quote]

Number 2 I may agree with you. Concerning number 3, people that are against wearing seat belts cite a few cases in which a seat belt caused the death like somebody unable to take the belt off when the vehicle is submerging in water. However, how about the thousand and thousands of times seat belts prevented deaths and serious injuries. I read a study that Triple A said in 50% of wrecks seat belts reduced serious injuries and deaths. Show me one study or research that not wearing a seat belt is safer than wearing one. Do people get killed wearing a seat sure they do but not due to the seat belt. Thousands of people have died in wrecks being thrown out of vehicle or being crushed against the dash or being thrown out the front window. A fatal accident recently occurred near my home. Six dead bodies where laying on the road next to the overturned van they were riding in. None were wearing seat belts. Three survived in the van and stayed in the van due to all had seat belts on. Two months ago, I got rear ended hard totaling my vehicle. The seat belt stopped me from being slammed into the steering column. How about the injustice you are doing to your family if you get killed for not wearing a belt. Once you are dead it isn’t an injustice to you. Your family will have to live with it. I hope you are not telling people that get into your vehicle they don’t have to wear their belt. My vehicle doesn’t move until every passenger is buckled up.

Last edited by Grandpa Trapper; 07/27/24 04:25 PM.
Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182884
07/27/24 04:03 PM
07/27/24 04:03 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Offline
trapper
Law Dog  Offline
trapper

Central, SD
One thing to consider in a roll over your body weight is out of control nothing you can do to keep from slamming around in a vehicle if you’re not ejected. Now put your wife and kids in that situation with you and the dynamics change greatly small children not in safety seats is another avoidable tragedy waiting to happen.

Risking your life is a choice but consider others if you have passenger with you. Just saying

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: State income generation [Re: Oleo Acres] #8182925
07/27/24 05:09 PM
07/27/24 05:09 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Online content
trapper
jbyrd63  Online Content
trapper
J

Ky

Speaking to the scout master. You say he hung until he died. How do you know he wouldn't have gotten thrown out and killed on impact.? Your "dead because of seat belt seems far but your story tell it how you want...

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182934
07/27/24 05:21 PM
07/27/24 05:21 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Yotetrapper, for every story like yours, where not wearing a seatbelt saved your life, I’m sure there are many more, probably hundreds more where wearing a seatbelt did save a life or prevent serious injury.

Eh...wot?

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182937
07/27/24 05:24 PM
07/27/24 05:24 PM
Magna, Utah
G
GritGuy Offline
trapper
GritGuy  Offline
trapper
G

Magna, Utah
Last three times I've been pulled over since I've had my carry permit, they ask are you carrying today, they already have run me before even getting to the pertinent question, twice I was and then things got quiet, the polite request to keep my hands in view was added, once I was not !

I never give the officer anything to be badged over or about, not worth the time loss, don't ever understand why when one knows they are going to get a ticket they pull out the tough guy attitude, it only makes the time move slower and and more talk !!

[Linked Image]

Sorry if my opinions or replies offend you, they are not meant to !

Re: State income generation [Re: jbyrd63] #8182938
07/27/24 05:28 PM
07/27/24 05:28 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by jbyrd63

Speaking to the scout master. You say he hung until he died. How do you know he wouldn't have gotten thrown out and killed on impact.? Your "dead because of seat belt seems far but your story tell it how you want...

Could have keep him from geting thrown out of the vehicle thats true but that also doesn't mean he would have been killed. Regardless he is dead.
. He lost control on ice vehicle rolled and he hung upside-down until he died. Was it a slow speed roll over like when I rolled my jeep yes would be my guess but only my guess based on the icy condition and knowing how safe he drove eveytime I have rode with him. Not every roll over is extremely violent or fatal.

Scroll up and read yotetrappers post and tell her how the seat belt would have helped her.

I normally wear my seat belt and know without them both myself and wife would not be alive from wrecks wh have had in the past. Its also hard to lead by example if im not wearing mine how can I tell the kids they need theirs.?
Now I didn't and wouldn't for several years when the law was passed because I didn't agree with the law, (still don't), my son was dead. Highest priced and rated car seat didn't help him any, and honestly I was mad at the world, cursing God, and looking for a fight anywhere I could. Along with other self destructive behaviors at the time. I was not in a good place at all. You live and learn and adapt or roll over and die.

Re: State income generation [Re: GritGuy] #8182941
07/27/24 05:32 PM
07/27/24 05:32 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by GritGuy
Last three times I've been pulled over since I've had my carry permit, they ask are you carrying today, they already have run me before even getting to the pertinent question, twice I was and then things got quiet, the polite request to keep my hands in view was added, once I was not !

I never give the officer anything to be badged over or about, not worth the time loss, don't ever understand why when one knows they are going to get a ticket they pull out the tough guy attitude, it only makes the time move slower and and more talk !!

Actually my behavior spead things along and eliminate pointless talking. Doing my civic duty keeping our income generators on task and back in place to get more tickets written instead of asking me pointless questions.

I don't care about the ticket or trying to get out of it. Give it to me and move on.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/27/24 05:40 PM.
Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182945
07/27/24 05:37 PM
07/27/24 05:37 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
As we get used to doing what we are told the government will continue to modify our behavior by doing the thinking for us. I think coming soon will be diet restrictions for the over weight, I mean it's for the betterment of the populace after all. I fail to see the difference between the two.

Re: State income generation [Re: Rat Masterson] #8182949
07/27/24 05:41 PM
07/27/24 05:41 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson
As we get used to doing what we are told the government will continue to modify our behavior by doing the thinking for us. I think coming soon will be diet restrictions for the over weight, I mean it's for the betterment of the populace after all. I fail to see the difference between the two.

Exactly and well put glad to see a hand full here get it.

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182960
07/27/24 05:48 PM
07/27/24 05:48 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Online content
trapper
jbyrd63  Online Content
trapper
J

Ky
Ok ok wait one more question. Hanging from a seat belt killed him? Was he trapped? Even if he fell out he must have been hurt pretty bad to die. Because sitting face down in a car seat he would have needed to hang for DAYS if that WAS CAUSE OF DEATH.

But you wear your belt. Don't I don't care. It is America. You just like everyone must obey traffic laws. You don't, you get caught that is on you. Your attitude toward LEO is on you also. Maybe JUST maybe if you had shown some common courtesy he would have given you a warning. I have been stopped 2 times in my entire life. Once in my wifes new Yukon and that vehicle will get you caught. Air bag suspension and no different feel from 60-90... Trooper was driving a Tahoe same model. I told him it was my wifes car and I never realized how fast I was driving. He said he understood. Ran my license walked back said slow it down off I went. Smile and common courtesy go long way.

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182971
07/27/24 06:01 PM
07/27/24 06:01 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
When I get stopped for speeding or no seatbelt,I just tell the cop Im an old age pensioner on a fixed income with a bad memory.
Then they always let me off with a warning.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: State income generation [Re: jbyrd63] #8182972
07/27/24 06:04 PM
07/27/24 06:04 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Ok ok wait one more question. Hanging from a seat belt killed him? Was he trapped? Even if he fell out he must have been hurt pretty bad to die. Because sitting face down in a car seat he would have needed to hang for DAYS if that WAS CAUSE OF DEATH.

But you wear your belt. Don't I don't care. It is America. You just like everyone must obey traffic laws. You don't, you get caught that is on you. Your attitude toward LEO is on you also. Maybe JUST maybe if you had shown some common courtesy he would have given you a warning. I have been stopped 2 times in my entire life. Once in my wifes new Yukon and that vehicle will get you caught. Air bag suspension and no different feel from 60-90... Trooper was driving a Tahoe same model. I told him it was my wifes car and I never realized how fast I was driving. He said he understood. Ran my license walked back said slow it down off I went. Smile and common courtesy go long way.

Well I get stopped more in a year than you do on your life. Probably because I drive 30k miles a year and not around small town KY and also about 50% of it light at night early morning. Times cops like to pull people over more.

I seldom get a ticket or even a warning most cops are cool even the one that gave me the ticket. But ask dumb questions don't expect the typical answer.

You don't seem to have the intellectual ability to separate my dislike for the bs fishing, dumb questions , and the law from the idea I have a problem with the cop. Even after I clearly more than once posted it was a good cop interaction and I wouldn't want his job. Naturally I don't expect you will be able to this time either.

Come talk to me when you have more experience and cop interactions in more areas before you try to lecture me. Heck I have been pulled over 4 times so far this year. Speedometer won't work when the Fuze for the door digger is pulled out because its malfunctioning and yes I was speeding faster than I thought. No tickets but I'm sure I don't know how to talk to cops. Got it fixed now but still have to watch it Speedometer Is 7 mph off due to bigger tires.

Edit. And j yes you will die if you hang upside down to long. The same as you will die if you hang in a safety harness upright. Blood gets cut off from important parts and death is a result. But I sure didn't know that along with your expert investing advice you were also doctor. Truly a man of many talents.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 07/27/24 06:10 PM.
Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182979
07/27/24 06:08 PM
07/27/24 06:08 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

Well I get stopped more in a year than you do on your life. Probably because I drive 30k miles a year and not around small town KY and also about 50% of it light at night early morning. Times cops like to pull people over more.

I seldom get a ticket or even a warning most cops are cool even the one that gave me the ticket. But ask dumb questions don't expect the typical answer.

You don't seem to have the intellectual ability to separate my dislike for the bs fishing, dumb questions , and the law from the idea I have a problem with the cop. Even after I clearly more than once posted it was a good cop interaction and I wouldn't want his job. Naturally I don't expect you will be able to this time either.

Come talk to me when you have more experience and cop interactions in more areas before you try to lecture me. Heck I have been pulled over 4 times so far this year. Speedometer won't work when the Fuze for the door digger is pulled out because its malfunctioning and yes I was speeding faster than I thought. No tickets but I'm sure I don't know how to talk to cops. Got it fixed now but still have to watch it Speedometer Is 7 mph off due to bigger tires.

Edit. And j yes you will die if you hang upside down to long. But I'm sure with your expert investing advice I didn't know you were a doctor. Truly a man of many talents for sure.

With your attitude your lucky you didnt get pistol whipped or the george floyd treatment,lol.

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182981
07/27/24 06:12 PM
07/27/24 06:12 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
These threads remind me of the Coonman threads. Just way angrier.

Carry on.

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182983
07/27/24 06:14 PM
07/27/24 06:14 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
I'm glad you like my attitude Boco really makes my day to hear it. wink

Re: State income generation [Re: Providence Farm] #8182986
07/27/24 06:17 PM
07/27/24 06:17 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
I'm glad you like my attitude Boco really makes my day to hear it. wink

Are you part of the cop hating BLM movement?

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread