No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Re: union haters [Re: upstateNY] #8218798
09/18/24 10:14 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by upstateNY
Originally Posted by KeithC
I think unions definitely helped American workers, back when they first formed. I think most are parasitic now and a money making branch of the democrat party. I was only being a little sarcastic when I talked about unions being better back under the control of the Mafia.

The Mafia did terrible stuff, that was pretty well balanced by good stuff. The old Dons took care of and helped people that deserved it. They also took care of bad people, that deserved it, in other ways. I don't see much good coming from the democrats.

Keith

Your a good guy Keith.I was bustin your chops with the "Weak minded" comment.I dont think that about you at all.I just grow tired of Everything being blamed on unions.

Thanks.

Keith

Re: union haters [Re: Wanna Be] #8218799
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Y’all must see or have different Unions where y’all live. I can tell you where I work, you don’t perform or do your job, you’ll get fired. The company ultimately makes the decisions on how they want their company to run, the union is there to keep them honest and persuade them to brush a few more crumbs off the table. I have never seen the Union save a turds job or even give it much effort.

Exactly.But everyone thats non Union,,pretends that Union workers cant be fired.Brainwashed is all I can say.

Last edited by upstateNY; 09/18/24 10:18 PM.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8218803
09/18/24 10:21 PM
09/18/24 10:21 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Well, there’s several members on here that are Union and I can tell you, when I leave work, I leave it. There’s 4 of us in our group and the boss came to take us to lunch today after a month long Strike. One guy is the local Union president and he was happy it was over. Another guy is younger and just bought a house and nice truck and he was really glad it was over. Myself and the other guy are both retirement eligible and we were hoping for at least a few more weeks, lol. He dabbles in construction on the side and I have landowners I trap for and a plantation I work at part time. We were both fine money wise. I was mainly upset that archery season just opened this past weekend and we started back to work Monday!!
Not all of us are like what you’re describing, lol. It’s just a job to help me get to retirement.

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8218806
09/18/24 10:24 PM
09/18/24 10:24 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline OP
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline OP
trapper
P

Indiana
First this post was to sho large amounts on Union members don't vote Democratic. Obviously that should be clear.

Now a few things that need cleared up for the 100th time. yes PAC money typical goes to democratics. but just like union members voting for Trump we also don't give to PAC. It's a simple pap to fill out to opt out. Union dues go to running the business not Democrats. well I'm sure some will be used to favor them like using Facilities for free so they would get free electricity for an event or some such thing.

Union members don't design the products or the cost cutting and corner cutting. That's the non union management and engineering department. We put the stuff the design together to their specs.
Toyota I'd not union but the 22 and newer Tundras are spinning rod bearings as soon as 7,800 miles. All comp are producing junk.

Re: union haters [Re: Wanna Be] #8218808
09/18/24 10:25 PM
09/18/24 10:25 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Well, there’s several members on here that are Union and I can tell you, when I leave work, I leave it. There’s 4 of us in our group and the boss came to take us to lunch today after a month long Strike. One guy is the local Union president and he was happy it was over. Another guy is younger and just bought a house and nice truck and he was really glad it was over. Myself and the other guy are both retirement eligible and we were hoping for at least a few more weeks, lol. He dabbles in construction on the side and I have landowners I trap for and a plantation I work at part time. We were both fine money wise. I was mainly upset that archery season just opened this past weekend and we started back to work Monday!!
Not all of us are like what you’re describing, lol. It’s just a job to help me get to retirement.

I retired 6 years ago after doing 40 years in the Steelworkers Union.

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8218822
09/18/24 10:34 PM
09/18/24 10:34 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
First this post was to sho large amounts on Union members don't vote Democratic. Obviously that should be clear.

Now a few things that need cleared up for the 100th time. yes PAC money typical goes to democratics. but just like union members voting for Trump we also don't give to PAC. It's a simple pap to fill out to opt out. Union dues go to running the business not Democrats.

You can explain it to them again probly next month.Gets old dont it. smile

Last edited by upstateNY; 09/18/24 10:34 PM.

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8218824
09/18/24 10:35 PM
09/18/24 10:35 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
I'll share an old Union Mafia story, all the participants are long dead now. Back in 1998, I went to Sicily with my paternal grandfather's first and second cousin, who everybody called Nino. He told me this story, while we were sharing a hotel room, after our jet broke down on the runway, when we were getting ready to fly back to Ohio.

A long time ago, when Nino was a young man, just out of high school, he applied for and was able to get a job working for a railroad. Part way though his first day of work, his new boss, who he had not met, called him into his office, cussed him out using a bunch of Italian slurs, which I won't use and told him that basically he wouldn't have any dirty Italian working for him. Nino left and talked to some family members. The next day, his former, very short term boss, had both legs smashed well beyond repair, between to coupling railroad cars, a few times. He never walked again. Later that same day, Nino was respectfully called in and told he had a job for life, if he wanted it, at a much higher pay rate.

Nino retired after a very nice career in the railroad industry, many years later.

Keith

Re: union haters [Re: upstateNY] #8218826
09/18/24 10:36 PM
09/18/24 10:36 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by upstateNY

I retired 6 years ago after doing 40 years in the Steelworkers Union.

I will be retiring in 11 years and 9 months at 57 and one month . July 1, 2036. Pension, 401, outside Roth, health insurance. I calculated at my current investing rate I will be bringing substantial more than when I'm working off intrest and Pension. The unions are far from perfect But it's allowed me to raise a family comfortably on a single family income, invest heavily, and retire early very comfortably. The more membership that shows disgust with the Democrats eventually the leaders will be forced to change. This is a small start but it's a start.

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8218831
09/18/24 10:48 PM
09/18/24 10:48 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Lots of non union companys support libs,and woke bs.
You better quit working there.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8218832
09/18/24 10:49 PM
09/18/24 10:49 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
And good chance you'll be so bored with nothing to talk about you'll stroke out at 60.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: union haters [Re: Boco] #8218833
09/18/24 10:51 PM
09/18/24 10:51 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Boco
Lots of non union companys support libs,and woke bs.
You better quit working there.

Great advice , I wouldn't work for one

I try not to purchase goods from anti American , woke joke companies if I can help it

Last edited by AntiGov; 09/18/24 10:57 PM.

Report a post club - Non member

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8218836
09/18/24 10:54 PM
09/18/24 10:54 PM
PA
E
elkaholic Offline
trapper
elkaholic  Offline
trapper
E

PA
Growing up, in the 70's my dad was high up in the pipe fitters union. There were late night meetings at our house trying to work out strategies. I grew up believing whole-heartedly in the union.

After high school I went into the Army. When I got out I got a job at a nursing home. They were unionized with the SEIU. I went to one of their "get out the vote" type of deals to get my registration changed from NJ back to my home district. The local President wouldn't let me because I was a registered R. It took threatening a lawsuit, and a visit from my dads old union friends to get her to change her mind. That kind of disenfranchised me towards unions. But I still supported the works right to unionize.

I told my wife they needed to get a union at her hospital. None of them would because the higher ups in the hospital told them any talk of a union and they'd fire everyone. The other hospital about 30 miles away was unionized and it was a disaster. They really fought for the screw ups. Our hospital had a one and done policy for a lot of things. It worked out pretty well because the bosses, while union bashers, were really on the workers side. Especially the long term employees.

In 2000 a conglomerate took over and started buying up the local smaller hospitals. When COVID hit the hospital that was unionized lost no employees. The other ones basically were reduced to skeleton crews. That was one time a union really would've helped our local hospital.

So I can see the good and the bad with them. I do know the local told the international that they wouldn't send them any money and dissolve the union if they supported any politician that was on the anti gun anti hunting bandwagon. They only send the bare minimum required by the unions by laws for dues, and what not.

Millions of trees die every year to print environmentalist publications
Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8218839
09/18/24 10:57 PM
09/18/24 10:57 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Online content
trapper
Boco  Online Content
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Trappers organizations are unions.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: union haters [Re: Boco] #8218842
09/18/24 11:00 PM
09/18/24 11:00 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak

No they are not. They don't collude to fix the price of labor.

Who is John Galt?
Re: union haters [Re: bucksnbears] #8218845
09/18/24 11:04 PM
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by bucksnbears
And good chance you'll be so bored with nothing to talk about you'll stroke out at 60.

na I have a farm, wife kids, maybe grand kids by then. lots of time and money to travel internationally, hunting trips to go on.One thing I am is never bored there is always plenty to do. I will never be the sad old guy living in the woods alone with little to do spouting off about other people's hobbies or employment

Re: union haters [Re: Boco] #8218846
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon

They don't extort anything from anyone....so no

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8218849
09/18/24 11:07 PM
09/18/24 11:07 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
It's a good plan PF ....but ......life can throw major curve balls

Re: union haters [Re: Providence Farm] #8218855
09/18/24 11:13 PM
09/18/24 11:13 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
When you finally stop to smell the roses , your kids will be grown and you'll wonder how......can't go back ..... sick sick sick

Re: union haters [Re: Dirt] #8218862
09/18/24 11:24 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
Originally Posted by Dirt

No they are not. They don't collude to fix the price of labor.

THIS!

Re: union haters [Re: AntiGov] #8218863
Indiana
P
trapper
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by AntiGov
It's a good plan PF ....but ......life can throw major curve balls

Don't I know it. Learned that when my son was killed and many family members have got cancer. Having a plan and goal dose ensures your moving in the right direction even if you get knocked off corse.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread