No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8228792
10/04/24 06:30 PM
10/04/24 06:30 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
last day of black powder seasion a year or two ago I was hunting with one of my boys on the farm when up at the neighbors house Someone started shooting what I think was a handgun. now we are well over r100 yards from the property line and at least 200 behind where his house is on his long skinny 30 acre chunk. Bullets started hitting in the trees around us.

we got out of there fast I txt the neighbor and said they better get a backstop. he was not home but one of his kids was shooting when he contacted home. I'm guessing he was shooting at a target like a can ot or trash on the ground and bullets were hitting the ground going back up coming back down into our woods where WWE were hunting. I have really kicked myself for not getting a loan and buying that 30 when I bought the farm. BUT NO I didn't want more debt and wanted to pay cash. hind sight.

Fello doing dozer work for him last year lit a brush pile and statlrted a fire that got out of control and burnt an area of my place before he got it out. Yet when he has his yearly party tonight he will have a huge fire music my family will hear in the house 1/2 mile away and I will have fresh 4 wheeler tracks all over the farm from his guest.

it's a thin line between getting along an near war. He has zero respect.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 10/04/24 06:34 PM.
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8228802
10/04/24 07:00 PM
10/04/24 07:00 PM
GRAVETTE ARK
A
Ark Trapper Offline
trapper
Ark Trapper  Offline
trapper
A

GRAVETTE ARK
Hunter harassment is illegal here in Arkansas and Texas as well. You hate to go that route but it is a legal option

Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8228804
10/04/24 07:07 PM
10/04/24 07:07 PM
Va
S
Spike369 Offline
trapper
Spike369  Offline
trapper
S

Va
A nice fence along his and your property line works wonders. My 103 acres borders and 8 acre parcel on 3 sides that has 2 neighbors. One liked 4 wheelers the other called the cops on me for trespassing on my own land. Once the fence went up, no more 4 wheelers and now the other one knows where the boundry is.

Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8228819
10/04/24 08:07 PM
10/04/24 08:07 PM
Manitoba
Shakeyjake Offline
trapper
Shakeyjake  Offline
trapper

Manitoba
If you make a call right away to the sheriff or county about all the noise late at night or early morning, won’t they talk to the guy? Over here, if a guy only starts complaining after months, it’s kinda too late to do anything legal about it.

Last edited by Shakeyjake; 10/04/24 08:08 PM.

Wind Blew, crap flew, out came the line crew
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8228830
10/04/24 08:27 PM
10/04/24 08:27 PM
PA
C
cmj Offline
trapper
cmj  Offline
trapper
C

PA
Deer will get used to it. But yeah, its annoying. Hope he has a good backstop.

Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8228832
10/04/24 08:29 PM
10/04/24 08:29 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Sucks but...
I don't see hunter harassment if they are on thier own property.

Deer get used to loud noises. Other then a safety issue, I'd not do anything.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8228838
10/04/24 08:37 PM
10/04/24 08:37 PM
East Texas
B
BTLowry Offline
trapper
BTLowry  Offline
trapper
B

East Texas
Deer don't care

Place next door to me belonged to an elderly lady, her kids or grandkids would come down first weekend of gun season and shoot non-stop, including quite a bit of tannerite.
I watched deer feed in my field not much more than 100yds from where they were shooting and they didn't seem to care one bit

Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: K91773] #8228839
10/04/24 08:41 PM
10/04/24 08:41 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by K91773
I know it is aggravating, but the deer will get used to it and pay it no mind, we had to pause a match at the range I shoot at the other day because a herd of 9 deer decided it was time to eat supper, they walked right out on the range with probably 30 people there and active firing going on.

I shoot at a range here. We have a 15ft bunker up against a 100ft hillside.

One day a groundhog appeared on top of the bunker , 10 feet above the target frames. It crossed over at least 20 active shooters with bullets flying just 10 feet away. It moved normally and was oblivious to the bullets hitting their target.

What really shocked me was no one took a potshot at it. Totally safe , solid backstop , about zero game protection , able to hunt them the bulk of the year , almost no bag limits/regulations. Groundhog did his thing , shooters did their thing.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8228855
10/04/24 08:57 PM
10/04/24 08:57 PM
Central, SD
Law Dog Online content OP
trapper
Law Dog  Online Content OP
trapper

Central, SD
Back in SD they opened up at 10:07 last night and shot for 30 minutes I don’t need the aggravation and I have no say in the clown show so I’m stuck in the middle just a lose lose situation. Hoping this will motivate my buddy to step up he’s not a mover and a shaker. Every house within a mile wants the guys head because he’s ruining the peace and serenity they had for years.

Lots of options to look into will see where we go from here I’m out $275 for my MO tag but it’s a long season I’m hoping it gets worked out.

Was born in a Big City Will die in the Country OK with that!

Jerry Herbst
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8228857
10/04/24 09:01 PM
10/04/24 09:01 PM
Central, SD
trapper
trapper

Central, SD
I hunt a military base that shoots everything the army has to offer including artillery, 50s and tanks the turkeys are unbothered by that but these clowns are relatively new to the area (5 weeks).

Jerry Herbst
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8228942
10/04/24 10:48 PM
10/04/24 10:48 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Better then having a Witch living 3 miles away,,,,,, that lady scares me…..

A Chicken in Black.......
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229059
Yesterday at 03:57 AM
Yesterday at 03:57 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
only real solution you have is buy them or burn them out. I recommend the first over the 2nd.

My daughter was walking the dogs today and heard voices sounding like they were on our place she hurried over to find 1 adult and 2 kids about ready to cross our fence. she stayed up on top I'd the hill and looked at them from a safe distance until they decided to go back the other direction. I'm 99% sure it's the renters on the ground behind us. they also have no respect for others things and this will come to a head eventually. They never even asked and know they are wrong. guy on my other side ran them off his place last deer seasiin and they crossed mine to get to his. May be time for an old weather board with old rusty nails pit on my side laid by the easiest fence crossing places. maybe rub the nails with some dog poo for extra effect.

Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229074
Yesterday at 06:43 AM
Yesterday at 06:43 AM
Manitoba
Shakeyjake Offline
trapper
Shakeyjake  Offline
trapper

Manitoba
Is it his hang out or does he live there? With all the neighbours in collusion, together they can make life kinda crappy for him and he may end up selling.

Out here, if a complaint is made immediately, something can be done. Say a guy running a planner at night or something like that. RM bylaw officer will give him a notice. But if I wait a month or 2, I don’t have a leg to stand on.

Last edited by Shakeyjake; Yesterday at 06:46 AM.

Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229077
Yesterday at 06:49 AM
Yesterday at 06:49 AM
Manitoba
Shakeyjake Offline
trapper
Shakeyjake  Offline
trapper

Manitoba
Can work the other way too. Our Federal licensed gun range will be shutting down after over 60 years. People moved in 1/2 a mile away and complained.

Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Shakeyjake] #8229080
Yesterday at 06:59 AM
Yesterday at 06:59 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Shakeyjake
Can work the other way too. Our Federal licensed gun range will be shutting down after over 60 years. People moved in 1/2 a mile away and complained.

And this is why if it's their property as long as it's safe they can do what they want. If anyone wants to control what goes on on that land they need to purchase it or keep their mouth shut.

yes it may be annoying to hear shots but that's just part of living in the country. Now of those bullets are coming on your land ot the people are trespassing something needs done.

Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229085
Yesterday at 07:07 AM
Yesterday at 07:07 AM
Tug Hill, NY
S
Squash Offline
trapper
Squash  Offline
trapper
S

Tug Hill, NY
That’s why I have purchased as much property around my home as possible, 254 acres. Did you have opportunity to purchase the 30 acres ? If so you should have bought it.

Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Squash] #8229114
Yesterday at 07:45 AM
Yesterday at 07:45 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Squash
That’s why I have purchased as much property around my home as possible, 254 acres. Did you have opportunity to purchase the 30 acres ? If so you should have bought it.

if that's it to me yes I did but didn't. I learned my lessont there. So when I was going to get the opportunity to buy the ground behind me going in with a neighbor that approached me wanting me to go in with her. We talked and agreed on what we wanted of it. But she found out she was doing better on the markets than she realized and decided she wanted it all. I didn't have the cash to buy all 153 acres so I got rolled out of that deal.

Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229120
Yesterday at 07:50 AM
Yesterday at 07:50 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Almost like it’s intentional they shoot leave then the local handyman comes over and shoots it’s just rapid no aim shooting just weird. The grandson shows up at our food plots on the cams like they own the place. Trouble ahead they have no respect so they get no respect they just have zero class.

An environmental Group does that on weekends here on a river road...all November...

positive it's on purpose

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229137
Yesterday at 08:28 AM
Yesterday at 08:28 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
not sure if it is in your case but this seems to be some sort of new anti hunting thing where I am at

there is a place down the road from our camp , they have been there for as long as I can remember , the old man passed at 92 a couple years ago
I had mostly communicated with his wife as she ran the cabins they rent out on the water and is a good 20 years younger than her husband.

I had personally hunted it with permission for 30 years I would call and ask each year and oh sure no problem , you know you don't really need to ask , but thanks for asking

well the old man dies the daughter moves back in with mom and the first year the no hunting signs go up , and I get told no , she has decided not allow hunting any more . ok

then this year about noon on opening day the shooting started basically just emptying mags
if it got quiet for a bit and a hunter shot , back to emptying mags

must have cost them a fortune in ammo and they appear to have run off the families that rented a cabin for hunting every year I had hunted with a few of them over the years.

well after enough of that the deer really didn't seem to change patters that much I shot 2 amid the very frequent gun fire. but I was not right next to it either , around 300-400 yards away

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Neighbors from the dark side! [Re: Law Dog] #8229169
Yesterday at 09:38 AM
Yesterday at 09:38 AM
Central, SD
trapper
trapper

Central, SD
The county accessor stopped by my buddy's place he was the first place put in along the road the road is his says it right on the paperwork she had, we are looking into that. If they are drunk and shooting firearms, felons with firearms are more options to check out. They shot when she was looking the place over kind of unnerving for her she said so that’s out there so now it’s not just hearsay of what’s going on. The accessor said no real county ordinances in the country so it will come down to property or law violations. These clowns are city trash it’s just a matter of time until something bad happens they are trouble waiting to happen.

The neighbors that live there did not say anything in the beginning because the people were new they thought the new folks would get past the constant shooting day and night but that’s not the case. I know when I lived in the city we shot a lot when we got the opportunity to do so, every round we had and bought more to shoot.

They drive around strapped nothing wrong with that except but we believe drinking is involved and lots of it. The guy never drives their vehicle his wife drives it so that might be an indication of license issues. Other things noticed point towards possible bar culture life styles maybe we are still gathering info on this mess.

One neighbor showed up the day I was leaving he’s a KC cop that just put in a new cabin the guy does not hunt he’s there for the peace and quiet only that will be interesting to see how it plays out.

For what it’s worth to the “he can do what he wants to do” crowd yes he can but it’s bringing him trouble he’s impacting others so it will come back at him in the long run. I have 2 neighbors myself one is a lady with an autistic adult son that works a few days a week as a hostess/waitress. If I’m going to shoot I make sure they are not home and I don’t run saws or impact tools before noon if she home it’s just the right thing to do. IMO A bit of common courtesy would of went a long way here.

Jerry Herbst
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread