Young Trappers Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

>
pcsoutdoors
(Please support Lenon's Lures, our sponsor for the Kids Forum Page)
Print Thread
Hop To
Getting more animals with less traps #8242185
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
Pennsylvania
P
patrapperbuster Offline OP
trapper
patrapperbuster  Offline OP
trapper
P

Pennsylvania
One way experienced trappers seem to get more animals with fewer traps is they, after many seasons, just start setting the best producing areas & start skipping lesser percentage areas. Using your available time & traps on the best areas gets you more fur.
Of course it takes a lot of trapping, & knowing your animals, to find and rack up all those good locations.
Look up animal facts & notes, get trapping books & DVD's, go to conventions and trap meets to watch demos, & hopefully find a local trapper who can show you the ropes. It's the combination of little things you pick up over time that can make an average trapper into a great trapper.
BE OBSERVANT & don't be afraid to ask questions

TILL THAT DAY.....
Re: Getting more animals with less traps [Re: patrapperbuster] #8242190
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
Texas
M
Mrs Langley Online content
trapper
Mrs Langley  Online Content
trapper
M

Texas
I have myself one large coyote trap. One you can put live bait in. I'm open to suggestions on that, that isn't a chicken. Im not putting one of my " girls" in there! One foothold and a dog proof. I have only one location i can trap on. I think until I get the idea of what's out there I'm sticking to it. smile

Last edited by Mrs Langley; 1 hour ago.

"P.S. God is on our side"
February 24, 1836
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Bogmaster