|
Re: Cable restraint help
[Re: backroadsarcher]
#8309404
01/11/25 06:38 PM
01/11/25 06:38 PM
|
Joined: Jun 2010
Iowa
~ADC~
The Count
|
The Count
Joined: Jun 2010
Iowa
|
I like the idea of a split shot for your max loop stop, cheap and easy but the deer stop would work also. Something that doesn't crimp the cable. They won't stay on the cable after a catch so you'll likely get a ticket if the warden sees it after a catch,
|
|
|
Re: Cable restraint help
[Re: Giant Sage]
#8309413
01/11/25 06:45 PM
01/11/25 06:45 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2011
ND
grumley701
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2011
ND
|
JEckman, Where do you get the barrel swivels. Snare One has them.
Pure Blood
|
|
|
Re: Cable restraint help
[Re: elsmasho82]
#8309431
01/11/25 07:00 PM
01/11/25 07:00 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
Lugnut
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
|
![[Linked Image]](https://trapperman.com/forum/attachments/usergals/2025/01/full-57126-243375-26d5b356_031a_46ac_afd2_462894fd55e4.jpeg) My restraints came with a deer stop which I have crimped down at the appropriate length, but did not come with a maximum opening stop. In our state it, the loop cannot be any larger than 12 inches in diameter, or about 38 inches down the cable….to the right of the relaxing lock. I have ferrules and stops but how do I get one on there now without disassembling the whole thing? Sorry I’m stupid about this kind of thing Consider buying PA compliant CR's next time and save yourself the headache. I believe I got mine from Newt Sterling at Snare One last time.
Eh...wot?
|
|
|
Re: Cable restraint help
[Re: ]
#8309433
01/11/25 07:02 PM
01/11/25 07:02 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
Rodney,Ohio
|
Wow those are tough solutions. Ours can't be over 12 in either. I cut me a 12 in stick and marked 10" for coyote 8" for bobcat. LMAO, for goodness sake just mark the dang cable and hang it on the frigin mark! It’s not rocket science! If theres a max loop limit, marking the cable does nothing for you.
|
|
|
Re: Cable restraint help
[Re: elsmasho82]
#8309485
01/11/25 07:41 PM
01/11/25 07:41 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
Lugnut
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
|
Good for you smash. I don't use them often enough to make it worth my while building them. I like the convenience of ordering PA compliant ones. Maybe I'll buy my next CR's from you. 
Eh...wot?
|
|
|
Re: Cable restraint help
[Re: elsmasho82]
#8309536
01/11/25 08:35 PM
01/11/25 08:35 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2019
Iowa
CTRAPS
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2019
Iowa
|
I have a headache ha ha ha ha Oh, so there was some rocket science involved after all. 
Life Member: ITA, IBA, MTA & NRA. Member of SA, FTA & NTA
|
|
|
Re: Cable restraint help
[Re: elsmasho82]
#8309543
01/11/25 08:41 PM
01/11/25 08:41 PM
|
Joined: Oct 2024
Kansas
someGuyInKansas
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Oct 2024
Kansas
|
I know nothing about snares, but if the goal is just to make it obvious it cannot be opened more than 12 inches, why not just put a wire rope clamp on it as a stop? sampleless than $1, installs in 10 seconds, adjustable, and if you can take it off and reuse it later if you want.
-Joe
|
|
|
Re: Cable restraint help
[Re: CTRAPS]
#8309544
01/11/25 08:42 PM
01/11/25 08:42 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2020
Aliceville, Kansas 45
Yukon John
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Jan 2020
Aliceville, Kansas 45
|
I have a headache ha ha ha ha Oh, so there was some rocket science involved after all.  Nah, ElChucko is just in the mood.
Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
|
|
|
Re: Cable restraint help
[Re: someGuyInKansas]
#8309550
01/11/25 08:50 PM
01/11/25 08:50 PM
|
Joined: Jan 2023
Pennsylvania
elsmasho82
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: Jan 2023
Pennsylvania
|
I know nothing about snares, but if the goal is just to make it obvious it cannot be opened more than 12 inches, why not just put a wire rope clamp on it as a stop? sampleless than $1, installs in 10 seconds, adjustable, and if you can take it off and reuse it later if you want. Genius!!!
|
|
|
Re: Cable restraint help
[Re: elsmasho82]
#8309566
01/11/25 09:01 PM
01/11/25 09:01 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
Rodney,Ohio
|
Update; and you have to use a heavy gauge wire support to hold up the CR!!! How is THAT thing not considered an entanglement risk?!
support wire is a nonfactor for entanglement.
|
|
|
Re: Cable restraint help
[Re: someGuyInKansas]
#8309572
01/11/25 09:06 PM
01/11/25 09:06 PM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
Rodney,Ohio
|
I know nothing about snares, but if the goal is just to make it obvious it cannot be opened more than 12 inches, why not just put a wire rope clamp on it as a stop? sampleless than $1, installs in 10 seconds, adjustable, and if you can take it off and reuse it later if you want. Takes all of 20 seconds to take the end of a piece of 16/14/11 gauge wire, bend it over into a C with a pair of needle nose pliers, cut the C off the wire and crimp the C onto the snare. Plus it would not nearly be as heavy, bulky and shiny as a cable clamp..
|
|
|
|
|