Strictly Trapping


No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)



TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum



Print Thread
Hop To
Page 100 of 100 1 2 … 98 99 100
Re: COYOTE CARNAGE – SOUTH TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY [Re: jordanthmn1988] #8664261
09/20/26 03:58 PM
09/20/26 03:58 PM
Joined: Jul 2018
KS
K
ks wolfer Offline
trapper
ks wolfer  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: Jul 2018
KS
I used on x for hunting In another state. When I went to use it for this they informed me that I needed to update for 49$ a month for multiples or for one state $38 a year. I did the one state year update and now they tell me if I want boundaries and owners etc I Have to upgrade to the more expensive version. They tell me this AFTER they take my 38 $ I have the money but I won't be strong armed Won't be using them and I would advise others to find more reputable people to deal with

Re: COYOTE CARNAGE – SOUTH TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY [Re: TEJAS] #8664267
09/20/26 04:10 PM
09/20/26 04:10 PM
Joined: Mar 2009
Bracken County, Kentucky
B
bandit3297 Offline
trapper
bandit3297  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Mar 2009
Bracken County, Kentucky
Ks
Thanks for your posted about the way onx does on the billing for upgrades. I was thinking of using it this year, but will just stick with Google maps and GPS on my phone. Only reason I want anything is in case something happens to me, someone else can or pull my line. Now to pick up coyote scat off the roads here, even the ones full of persimmon seeds.
Dave

Re: COYOTE CARNAGE – SOUTH TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY [Re: ks wolfer] #8664268
09/20/26 04:12 PM
09/20/26 04:12 PM
Joined: Jul 2017
South Texas Brush Country
TEJAS Offline OP
trapper
TEJAS  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jul 2017
South Texas Brush Country


Originally Posted by ks wolfer
Looking to start using an app for trap marking instead of my old school flagging.
What have you had the best luck using ? My phone is smart but a cheaper Samsung.
I enjoy your posts and was first taught that the canvas DOES make a difference about 50 yrs ago


Thanks KSW !

Fortunately I haven’t had to rely on a GPS up to this point.

Are you looking for a way to pinpoint traps before daylight, or just trying to keep track of them all?


As for the tarp, if folks realized just how much of a difference it can make they would never leave home without it.

Most think it's not worth the trouble.

That same group creates far more problem coyotes than they will ever reel in.





Re: COYOTE CARNAGE – SOUTH TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY [Re: ks wolfer] #8664329
09/20/26 05:26 PM
09/20/26 05:26 PM
Joined: Feb 2024
KS
J
jordanthmn1988 Offline
trapper
jordanthmn1988  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Feb 2024
KS
Thats very odd because I pay for the one state and have landowner information and never have done add-on's. They list it on their website for $34.99 and includes landowner information. Here is the link for it. I have never heard of having to add those things on and have used them for years. I hate to hear how they did you. Here is the link though that lays out all their pricing and what is included.

onX Hunt Price - View Cost and Membership Options | onX Hunt https://share.google/byKB9gYawoPH6mToF

Re: COYOTE CARNAGE – SOUTH TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY [Re: TEJAS] #8664485
09/20/26 08:27 PM
09/20/26 08:27 PM
Joined: Jul 2017
South Texas Brush Country
TEJAS Offline OP
trapper
TEJAS  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jul 2017
South Texas Brush Country


I would suggest downloading Google Earth Pro on your desktop while you still can.

It has a powerful set of tools, and it is free. It is also 3D.

GOOGLE EARTH PRO


You can also load Google Earth on your phone.

GOOGLE EARTH


Keep in mind, you can export waypoints off a GPS like Garmin on to Google Earth Pro.
You can also export waypoints from Google Earth on your phone to Google Earth Pro on your desktop.
Just make sure when you export you select the correct file type.






Re: COYOTE CARNAGE – SOUTH TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY [Re: TEJAS] #8664545
09/20/26 09:48 PM
09/20/26 09:48 PM
Joined: Jul 2018
KS
K
ks wolfer Offline
trapper
ks wolfer  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: Jul 2018
KS
Tejas I was wanting to keep track of traps My sets have a habit of disappearing if a coyote isn't standing in it

Re: COYOTE CARNAGE – SOUTH TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY [Re: TEJAS] #8664743
09/21/26 08:48 AM
09/21/26 08:48 AM
Joined: Jul 2017
South Texas Brush Country
TEJAS Offline OP
trapper
TEJAS  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jul 2017
South Texas Brush Country


I bet is easy to lose track of equipment in your neck of the woods KSW.

I’m pretty sure those coyotes remember where our sets are much better than we do.

Hopefully your old phone’s OS is capable, and you can get Google Earth loaded.






Re: COYOTE CARNAGE – SOUTH TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY [Re: TEJAS] #8664754
09/21/26 09:24 AM
09/21/26 09:24 AM
Joined: Jul 2018
KS
K
ks wolfer Offline
trapper
ks wolfer  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: Jul 2018
KS
Thank you. Old dog new trick and all that

Re: COYOTE CARNAGE – SOUTH TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY [Re: TEJAS] #8664786
09/21/26 10:31 AM
09/21/26 10:31 AM
Joined: Jul 2017
South Texas Brush Country
TEJAS Offline OP
trapper
TEJAS  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jul 2017
South Texas Brush Country


You Betcha! KSW !
Glad you got things all lined out.
Best of luck this fall !

Re: COYOTE CARNAGE – SOUTH TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY [Re: TEJAS] #8664863
09/21/26 12:47 PM
09/21/26 12:47 PM
Joined: Jul 2018
KS
K
ks wolfer Offline
trapper
ks wolfer  Offline
trapper
K

Joined: Jul 2018
KS
Same to you as well thanks again

Re: COYOTE CARNAGE – SOUTH TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY [Re: TEJAS] #8665291
09/22/26 11:12 AM
09/22/26 11:12 AM
Joined: Jul 2017
South Texas Brush Country
TEJAS Offline OP
trapper
TEJAS  Offline OP
trapper

Joined: Jul 2017
South Texas Brush Country


Here is the third contestant on the triple play.

I have this guy at five years old even though his face doesn't show it.

This adult male makes snag number seven for this particular set.

That makes five females and two males respectively.


[Linked Image]




Re: COYOTE CARNAGE – SOUTH TEXAS BRUSH COUNTRY [Re: TEJAS] #8665679
09/23/26 02:11 AM
09/23/26 02:11 AM
Joined: Nov 2007
OBX N.C.
Leary Sink Offline
trapper
Leary Sink  Offline
trapper

Joined: Nov 2007
OBX N.C.
Pretty Work James


NC Trappers Association Life Member
Director District 1
Page 100 of 100 1 2 … 98 99 100
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter 

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1