No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: squirrel tails [Re: Providence Farm] #8665814
09/23/26 12:07 PM
09/23/26 12:07 PM
Joined: Mar 2020
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

Joined: Mar 2020
W NY
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Originally Posted by Turtledale
[quote=jk]



Read right on mepd website I posted the link to, it says don't debone them they would reject those and tails that dried curved. Probably has to do with how thwy process them.


Your right, my bad. It was the 70's when I used to send them in lol


NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: squirrel tails [Re: 080808] #8665824
09/23/26 12:31 PM
09/23/26 12:31 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Originally Posted by 080808
You need a 401K plan.



Ya I one of those 401k things also a 401 roth, roth IRA and IRA. Only trouble is the doc told me I cant go back to work its not safe. So they wont be geting the contributions like they were. Should still grow but it cut my projections down drastically.

So squirrel tails is the new plan;) I more likely to be in he hole considering I don't shoot very well any more when my tremors start, eyes and ears also have some issues. So I wont have many limit out days will have more missing so will take a lot more trips to get 50 tails= more fuel, and ammo cost. The minimum to get shipping price reimbursement.

Still I had always heard about selling tails and never done so. So sometime I may keep some to send in and trade out for a lure or two. Probably cheaper to buy them than pay shipping on tails if you don't send enough for them to pay shipping but I think I would like a few lures paid for by squirrel tails just becuse.

What can I say im easy to please.

Re: squirrel tails [Re: trapNH] #8666063
09/24/26 08:05 AM
09/24/26 08:05 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
G
gcs Online content
trapper
gcs  Online Content
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
South shore L.I. N.Y.
Here you can find 50 squirrel tails easy with no shooting, just pick them off the road, lol

Re: squirrel tails [Re: trapNH] #8666090
09/24/26 09:46 AM
09/24/26 09:46 AM
Joined: Aug 2008
Sumner, Mo.
C
claycreech Offline
trapper
claycreech  Offline
trapper
C

Joined: Aug 2008
Sumner, Mo.
I’ve sold many, many, thousands of squirrel tails.
About every fur buyer deals in them in the Midwest.
Been getting 85 cents to a dollar apiece the last few years.
Bone in and frozen. No grade. Just count them.
If you’re a die hard squirrel hunter it adds up.

Re: squirrel tails [Re: trapNH] #8666101
09/24/26 10:39 AM
09/24/26 10:39 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Very SE Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Dec 2006
Very SE Nebraska
25 cents!!!
I hate to kill our yard squirrels and I dont spose they would have balance without a tail.


Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: squirrel tails [Re: claycreech] #8666158
09/24/26 02:06 PM
09/24/26 02:06 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Originally Posted by claycreech
I’ve sold many, many, thousands of squirrel tails.
About every fur buyer deals in them in the Midwest.
Been getting 85 cents to a dollar apiece the last few years.
Bone in and frozen. No grade. Just count them.
If you’re a die hard squirrel hunter it adds up.


Im not hard core squirrel hunter but I do greatly enjoy it. If I liked eating them more I would shoot more. As it it the kids shoot more than I want to eat and I use that for the excuse as to why I kill so few. Not that its just hard to find them when you can hear and vission is having issues. Or that I am slow to get in target and have a slight shak to my hands/arms sometimes. Nope its not that I suck at it its becuse i dont want to shoot more than I want to eat. Ya thats it.
Geting close to a dollar would make it worth saving the tails. Its not any more work and keeps it from going in the trash.
A ton less work then skinning and fleshing coon.

Re: squirrel tails [Re: trapNH] #8666685
09/25/26 02:16 PM
09/25/26 02:16 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Dec 2006
St. Louis Co, Mo
I always keep mine salted and in the freezer till I have the bonus amount! Used to be 100 tails.


Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread