No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8662906
09/17/26 07:18 PM
09/17/26 07:18 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
richmond, virginia
N
NWS,LLC Offline
trapper
NWS,LLC  Offline
trapper
N

Joined: Jan 2007
richmond, virginia
I heard about this earlier in the week. Will cost me more to buy fur. Interested to hear the positive spin on fur tariffs and how fur tariffs will benefit trapping and trappers?

Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8662908
09/17/26 07:21 PM
09/17/26 07:21 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Opposite to beneficial.
There are already too many barriers to the free movement of fur globally dont need any more.

Last edited by Boco; 09/17/26 07:22 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8662915
09/17/26 07:31 PM
09/17/26 07:31 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
richmond, virginia
N
NWS,LLC Offline
trapper
NWS,LLC  Offline
trapper
N

Joined: Jan 2007
richmond, virginia
Yeah however been many on this site saying tariffs good. It will cut into the trappers return either from the increase overall cost from tariff and or less competitive bidding if tariff only applies to some buyers.

Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8662916
09/17/26 07:35 PM
09/17/26 07:35 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline OP
trapper
Dirt  Offline OP
trapper
D

Joined: Dec 2010
Armpit, ak
Before we discuss the effect of tariffs on fur, it would be real nice to know if they even exist.


Who is John Galt?
Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8662920
09/17/26 07:40 PM
09/17/26 07:40 PM
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Dirt
Before we discuss the effect of tariffs on fur, it would be real nice to know if they even exist.


Yep. I have tried for 2 days to find anything official and have not.... looking at Canada's tariff page on their government website it appears tariffs do NOT apply to fur being exported to America.

Boco says otherwise but can only say you have to join a Canadian forum if you want proof?


Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton

Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: randall brannon] #8662926
09/17/26 07:47 PM
09/17/26 07:47 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Originally Posted by randall brannon
Drink Moonshine!!! Better for ya!!!


Wine is easy.

Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: rvsask] #8662935
09/17/26 07:59 PM
09/17/26 07:59 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Dirt
Before we discuss the effect of tariffs on fur, it would be real nice to know if they even exist.


Yep. I have tried for 2 days to find anything official and have not.... looking at Canada's tariff page on their government website it appears tariffs do NOT apply to fur being exported to America.


I'm beginning to think rvsask is just making stuff up. I can't find anything proves his claim.

Originally Posted by rvsask
EDIT: I looked it up, raw fur and fur products: 50%.


Eh...wot?

Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: yotetrapper30] #8662947
09/17/26 08:23 PM
09/17/26 08:23 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Dirt
Before we discuss the effect of tariffs on fur, it would be real nice to know if they even exist.


Yep. I have tried for 2 days to find anything official and have not.... looking at Canada's tariff page on their government website it appears tariffs do NOT apply to fur being exported to America.

Boco says otherwise but can only say you have to join a Canadian forum if you want proof?


Quit lying
I said if you have a problem with joining a Canadian trapping forum You can read it on the FIC website.


Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Boco] #8662954
09/17/26 08:35 PM
09/17/26 08:35 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
MN
160user Offline
trapper
160user  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2007
MN
Originally Posted by Boco


Quit lying
I said if you have a problem with joining a Canadian trapping forum You can read it on the FIC website.


I would assume that you are a member of that site. Why make someone join, just copy and paste it here if it really exists. People "copy and paste" every day. It doesn't hurt. It won't cost you any Loonies.


I have nothing clever to put here.





Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8662967
09/17/26 08:53 PM
09/17/26 08:53 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline OP
trapper
Dirt  Offline OP
trapper
D

Joined: Dec 2010
Armpit, ak


Who is John Galt?
Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: 160user] #8662969
09/17/26 08:54 PM
09/17/26 08:54 PM
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by 160user
Originally Posted by Boco


Quit lying
I said if you have a problem with joining a Canadian trapping forum You can read it on the FIC website.


I would assume that you are a member of that site. Why make someone join, just copy and paste it here if it really exists. People "copy and paste" every day. It doesn't hurt. It won't cost you any Loonies.

I dont know what that is.
Joining shakeys site wont cost you anything either.

Last edited by Boco; 09/17/26 08:56 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8662990
09/17/26 09:11 PM
09/17/26 09:11 PM
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Dirt


Have you found it on there, Dirt? Because I do not see it there either....


Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton

Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: yotetrapper30] #8662993
09/17/26 09:15 PM
09/17/26 09:15 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline OP
trapper
Dirt  Offline OP
trapper
D

Joined: Dec 2010
Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Dirt


Have you found it on there, Dirt? Because I do not see it there either....


I think it is just a goose chase.


Who is John Galt?
Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8662994
09/17/26 09:17 PM
09/17/26 09:17 PM
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
I don't think there is any tariffs on raw fur.....


Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton

Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8662998
09/17/26 09:20 PM
09/17/26 09:20 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
richmond, virginia
N
NWS,LLC Offline
trapper
NWS,LLC  Offline
trapper
N

Joined: Jan 2007
richmond, virginia
I was told tanned fur and raw fox. Things could change and tariff could go away or could get worse. May have to check with USA authorities for current applicable tariffs.

Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8663007
09/17/26 09:28 PM
09/17/26 09:28 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2007
north Idaho
My understanding is that there a lot of talk - discussion - rumor - gossip - etc. - about tariffs not only on fur but on everything else.

These words are coming from both sides of the border plus other parts of the world.

At this point it is speculation and threats. Even if tariffs are put in place in October (assumption) who knows if they will still be in effect in March 2027, when the next FHA auction happens.

The current administration, plus other governments, are inclined to throw tariffs around like they are feeding pigeons in the park. Lots of empty words and idle threats.

I think just about all of you are over reacting to something that hasn’t happened and may never happen. And if it does happen, “we” will deal with it and the consequences.

In the mean time - CHILL OUT !!!!!!!!


www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: yotetrapper30] #8663121
09/18/26 06:44 AM
09/18/26 06:44 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2006
SEPA
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Originally Posted by Dirt
I think it is just a goose chase.

I don't think there is any tariffs on raw fur.....


I agree, just some folks making stuff up.


Eh...wot?

Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8663195
09/18/26 10:50 AM
09/18/26 10:50 AM
Joined: Oct 2017
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

Joined: Oct 2017
perry co.Pa
You're all missing a very important part
Canada is part of the UK, the UK left the EU in 2020
Just saying

Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8663227
09/18/26 11:48 AM
09/18/26 11:48 AM
Joined: Jan 2007
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

Joined: Jan 2007
north Idaho
And your point is……………?


www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: New Canadian tariffs [Re: Dirt] #8663244
09/18/26 12:08 PM
09/18/26 12:08 PM
Joined: Oct 2017
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

Joined: Oct 2017
perry co.Pa
My point is, it's all just saber rattling
All of it is.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread