No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8664208
09/20/26 01:37 PM
09/20/26 01:37 PM
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Part of stuff my neighbor sent home with the kids was 2 Coleman lanterns.. 2 green ones and one silver/gray dual fuel. As a kid I had the green one for camping and night fishing. Always wanted the duel fuel but the price was more than it was worth to me when I had one that worked. I have no clue what my old lantern ended up.

One of the yards the boys mow the old guy was having an old barn removed and going through it I found a quart jar full of new mantles . That was before I had a lantern to use thwm in but I couldn't just let them get bulldozed into a hole with the rest of the barn. Turned out to be a good call I now have 3 lanterns to use them in and will probably have enough for the rest of my life.

Re: Coleman Fuel [Re: K-zoo] #8665083
09/21/26 09:33 PM
09/21/26 09:33 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Nebraska
Trapset Offline
trapper
Trapset  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jan 2009
Nebraska
I can’t pass them up. I don’t have an accurate count on the lanterns. I know I have three of the large 3 burner stoves and 4 or 5 of the two burner stoves.

They all seem to burn better and longer with tank half full, unless you pump them up almost steady. There is more room for the pressurized air when tank is half full. Its the only way I can get a lantern to burn all night, on low of course. Much fuller than that and they run out of air pressure before they run out of fuel. When pressure gets low the gas doesn’t vaporize right so they burn out but leak liquid gas through generator.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread