No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum ~ Live Chat

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8664054
09/20/26 02:36 AM
09/20/26 02:36 AM
Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Joined: May 2011
Oakland, MS
My newest Taco is a 2011 2x4 with a 2.7L. I've only had it for a month or so but no complaints yet!


Regret is the one thing I just won't do ~~ Beth Dutton

Every truce is an opportunity to reload.
Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8664064
09/20/26 07:00 AM
09/20/26 07:00 AM
Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
L
Line Jumper Offline
trapper
Line Jumper  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
I had a 2001 extended cab 4x4 with the 2.7 it was very anemic, made its power with rpm’s not torque. But extremely reliable and if you drove it like you stole it power was adequate. If the frame is solid it will sell just be patient.

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8664066
09/20/26 07:02 AM
09/20/26 07:02 AM
Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
L
Line Jumper Offline
trapper
Line Jumper  Offline
trapper
L

Joined: Dec 2012
Northern WI
I will add that if those trucks had a standard transmission I would probably still own mine.

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8664073
09/20/26 07:25 AM
09/20/26 07:25 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Illinois
M
MChewk Offline
trapper
MChewk  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Dec 2006
Northern Illinois
Has anyone heard of a 6 speed manual tranny in a Toyota Tacoma? I heard that from a friend the other day....never knew???

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8664074
09/20/26 07:26 AM
09/20/26 07:26 AM
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Originally Posted by NE Wildlife
Originally Posted by snowy
So, give us what this unit is? Straight cab, 4x4, miles etc.....


It has the access cab, automatic, and is 4x4 has 190.000 on it.

Figured I’d be able to get 15-16 k for it but I may be wrong lol maybe Need to list it in a bigger population area too i suppose.



I always figure if its not geting much intrest I may be asking to much or im in the wrong market maybe both. I have no idea what they are selling for but know vehicle are more expensive than I think they are worth.

What are similar trucs selling for would be a good indicator.

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8664077
09/20/26 07:48 AM
09/20/26 07:48 AM
Joined: Dec 2011
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

Joined: Dec 2011
MT
I sold a 94 with 169K 4x4 ext cab manual last spring. I wish I would have had 5 of them to sell. I live in a very rural area. I got alot of money for it.


Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8664078
09/20/26 07:50 AM
09/20/26 07:50 AM
Joined: Jan 2012
PA
P
panaxman Offline
trapper
panaxman  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Jan 2012
PA
I had a 6 speed manual in my 06 Taco Sport. 6 cylinder. I definitely prefer manual transmission

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: NE Wildlife] #8664082
09/20/26 07:57 AM
09/20/26 07:57 AM
Joined: Dec 2006
De
C
coop Offline
trapper
coop  Offline
trapper
C

Joined: Dec 2006
De
Just what I am looking for if you can get it to Delaware... bought a '23 Tacoma new and the frame's about gone on my '04 standard cab 4 cy.

Last edited by coop; 09/20/26 07:58 AM.
Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: MChewk] #8664090
09/20/26 08:38 AM
09/20/26 08:38 AM
Joined: Feb 2016
Kentucky
ky_coyote_hunter Offline
trapper
ky_coyote_hunter  Offline
trapper

Joined: Feb 2016
Kentucky
Originally Posted by MChewk
Has anyone heard of a 6 speed manual tranny in a Toyota Tacoma? I heard that from a friend the other day....never knew???

Yes, my 2018 has a 6 speed manual tranny with the 3.5L.....Some of those 3rd gens have transmission shifting problems with the auto tranny, but as a poster mentioned above you can flash/program them to be more efficient.


Member - FTA
Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: coop] #8664095
09/20/26 08:54 AM
09/20/26 08:54 AM
Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Feb 2020
Indiana
Originally Posted by coop
Just what I am looking for if you can get it to Delaware... bought a '23 Tacoma new and the frame's about gone on my '04 standard cab 4 cy.



Looks like its sold. wink

When I have got veicwls across the country i drove down and trailered them back stoping to do things along the way making it a mini vacation. Also if its a trusted person and you have a reasonable expectation you wont break down on the way home flying down and driving it back is something I have considered. It was faster and cheaper than driving down often times.

Re: 2018 4 cycle Toyota Tacoma [Re: MChewk] #8664134
09/20/26 10:44 AM
09/20/26 10:44 AM
Joined: Oct 2011
Idaho
B
bearcat2 Offline
trapper
bearcat2  Offline
trapper
B

Joined: Oct 2011
Idaho
Originally Posted by MChewk
Has anyone heard of a 6 speed manual tranny in a Toyota Tacoma? I heard that from a friend the other day....never knew???

Yep, they've been putting them in their v6 rather than the 5 speed manual since 05. When they switched to the turbo 4 cylinder (2024, I think?) they dropped the 5 speed manual completely and the only manual they offer is the 6 speed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread