|
|
|
Anybody limiting their trapping this fall.
#8665456
09/22/26 05:41 PM
09/22/26 05:41 PM
|
Joined: Nov 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Grandpa Trapper
OP
trapper
|
OP
trapper
Joined: Nov 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
|
With gas prices going constantly up now, I will be cutting back. Having a hard time affording these gas prices living on a fixed income.
An old man roaming the Rockies
|
|
|
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall.
[Re: Grandpa Trapper]
#8666477
09/25/26 12:33 AM
09/25/26 12:33 AM
|
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
Boco
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Aug 2011
james bay frontierOnt.
|
Just the opposite here with the prices of our fur skyrocketing. Gas is not a big expense here with trap cabins out in the middle of fur country to work out of. Snowmachines and 4 wheelers dont burn up much gas when checking lines from cabins.
Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
|
|
|
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall.
[Re: Grandpa Trapper]
#8666502
09/25/26 06:21 AM
09/25/26 06:21 AM
|
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
Donnersurvivor
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Jan 2018
MN
|
I have worked booked through the first two weeks of November and calls keep coming in, I can't find the time to trap anymore.
by and large, you're right. Women are almost always awful.
|
|
|
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall.
[Re: Grandpa Trapper]
#8666517
09/25/26 06:54 AM
09/25/26 06:54 AM
|
Joined: Feb 2026
SE Ohio
Beaver Knocker
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Feb 2026
SE Ohio
|
I must be lucky, this will be my biggest year yet, hopefully. Hoping to get enough mink to pay for gas.
Sure, I'm a member of PETA! People Eating Tasty Animals!
|
|
|
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall.
[Re: Grandpa Trapper]
#8666519
09/25/26 07:01 AM
09/25/26 07:01 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2011
MT
snowy
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2011
MT
|
Not so much about the price of gas but time is my issue. I will do some beaver trapping but not as much as I want too.
Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
|
|
|
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall.
[Re: Grandpa Trapper]
#8666534
09/25/26 07:54 AM
09/25/26 07:54 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2022
North Central WA.
Jingles
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2022
North Central WA.
|
Will depend on snow and temps if a repeat of last year probably will cut back, never got enough snow or cold enough temps to keep bunny huggers and pedal pushers out of the woods and at least in my area of the state they like to mess with traps. So here is hoping for record deep snow and minus zero temps. If get that then gonna hit hard and heavy
No man is entitled to the Blessings of Freedom unless he be vigilant in it's preservation D. MacArthur
|
|
|
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall.
[Re: Grandpa Trapper]
#8666541
09/25/26 08:12 AM
09/25/26 08:12 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Pa
Wright Brothers
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2006
Pa
|
Booked solid with ride alongs. Just too dang popular.
Stole all the red kero from neighbors outdoor furnace tank so fuel no prob.
Here I thought youns trap no matter what? Slackers.
Really tho I go for surgical here in an hour. Nerves are showing lol.
|
|
|
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall.
[Re: Grandpa Trapper]
#8666551
09/25/26 08:31 AM
09/25/26 08:31 AM
|
Joined: Mar 2011
williams,mn
trapper les
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Mar 2011
williams,mn
|
I’m gonna limit my trapping from Thief River to International Falls and south to highway 2…
"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
|
|
|
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall.
[Re: Boco]
#8666593
09/25/26 10:37 AM
09/25/26 10:37 AM
|
Joined: Feb 2010
Northern IN
Teddybear
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Feb 2010
Northern IN
|
Just the opposite here with the prices of our fur skyrocketing. Gas is not a big expense here with trap cabins out in the middle of fur country to work out of. Snowmachines and 4 wheelers dont burn up much gas when checking lines from cabins. Are those trap cabins your personal cabins? Or are they just for anyone to use?
|
|
|
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall.
[Re: Grandpa Trapper]
#8666601
09/25/26 10:46 AM
09/25/26 10:46 AM
|
Joined: Dec 2010
Armpit, ak
Dirt
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Dec 2010
Armpit, ak
|
Snowmachines get about 10 to 15 miles per gallon. Some worse. Depending on snow conditions and temperature. They will burn plenty even from cabins. Not having to do daily checks is where the money is saved.
Who is John Galt?
|
|
|
Re: Anybody limiting their trapping this fall.
[Re: Grandpa Trapper]
#8666616
09/25/26 11:29 AM
09/25/26 11:29 AM
|
Joined: Oct 2009
east central WI
k snow
trapper
|
trapper
Joined: Oct 2009
east central WI
|
I just picked up a little trailer to haul my atv with, so I'll be able to take it to some of the properties I have had to walk the last few years. That'll let me get to more area, so I'll be burning more fuel this year.
"in the midst of a savage wilderness to depend entirely upon their unassisted strength and hardihood"
|
|
|
|
|
|
|