Fur Handling Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: question cuts and nicks to oneself while skinning [Re: Shane] #10208
12/29/06 09:47 AM
12/29/06 09:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I never paid much attention to these cuts and nicks skinning til last year....i'm not sure what did it, but this time last year a finger on my right hand started to hurt, within two days that finger was 2x its normal size, I went to the Dr. and recieved some antibiotics....the next morning when I woke up my whole hand was 3x its normal size, and I had a red streak running up my arm to my armpit.

I went to the Dr. again that morning, and was admitted to the hospital.

After 4 days of 'round the clock IV antibiotics I was released from the hospital.

It scared the heck out of me, and i'm alot more careful now when i'm skinning.

I think this hand deal probably stemmed from skinning cats.

Re: question cuts and nicks to oneself while skinning [Re: trap pa] #10213
12/29/06 09:51 AM
12/29/06 09:51 AM
Meriden, KS
TheRAT Offline
trapper
TheRAT  Offline
trapper

Meriden, KS
Originally Posted By: JohnMcCabe
I have been thinking the same thing. I got one hell of a rash all over my body. My eye swelled shut and my face looked like crap. I went to the emergency room on sunday (no health insurance so no regular doctor). The doctor took one look at me and said I have Contact Demititas from poison ivy, oak or sumac. She perscribed prednisone. I have been taking it for 5 days and am still breaking out. I got this rash on my hands, belly, butt, armpit, leg, neck.....I am begining to think its from a critter. No one in my family has developed the rash.I think after 5 days of meds it should be alot better.

I've had contact dermitits several times. It is awful, especially being a hunter and trapper. My problem is I am allergic to wet plants!! Tukey season can be just one giant itch!!!

Have you tried any Benadryl yet? Try some topical cream on your skin and Benadryl pills for the rash. Be careful! Benadryl can cause severe drowsiness. It is also used for over the counter sleeping pills!

If your family hasn't been affected it probably is not a critter, but I am not a doctor. Usually critters will make the rounds through the family.

I hope you get some relief soon. The itching is enough to drive you crazy!! We used to put perfume on the itches when we were growing up. Sounds silly, but it would make them hurt and not itch.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91