No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Kill Squeak Trap Call [Re: ebsurveyor] #7754334
12/25/22 03:05 PM
12/25/22 03:05 PM
Oregon
R
RockCrick Offline
trapper
RockCrick  Offline
trapper
R

Oregon
Originally Posted by ebsurveyor
Originally Posted by RockCrick
The squeakers Grit guy makes are pretty cool. I’ve put them in cubbies and have had coyotes and foxes stick their heads in. Mountain lions love them too. [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

We can all agree that animals will come to a squeaker. What we will never know is if the squeaker helped.

I use them just to get trail cam photos all the time. No bait. The bottom line is they aren’t that loud so if animal isn’t within earshot, nothing will work. When I set them on an obvious travel path, would I get a lion picture anyways? Sure would but I believe it’ll pull one in that may not be walking by the camera. I’m sure a chunk of beaver would work just as well over the sound but the squeakers are more fun.

Re: Kill Squeak Trap Call [Re: beaverpeeler] #7754345
12/25/22 03:20 PM
12/25/22 03:20 PM
Wi and ND
H
Huntgod Offline
trapper
Huntgod  Offline
trapper
H

Wi and ND
[Linked Image]
Works on slightly smaller cats too. (Today's catch) Just like where's Waldo, find the "Gimmick "

Re: Kill Squeak Trap Call [Re: GritGuy] #7754348
12/25/22 03:24 PM
12/25/22 03:24 PM
Va
S
Spike369 Offline
trapper
Spike369  Offline
trapper
S

Va
Which squeaker are yours? I'm one of those suckered boco is talking about.

Re: Kill Squeak Trap Call [Re: beaverpeeler] #7754364
12/25/22 03:34 PM
12/25/22 03:34 PM
Wi and ND
H
Huntgod Offline
trapper
Huntgod  Offline
trapper
H

Wi and ND
[Linked Image]
2nd cat today. Squeeker is 15ft from set and not in picture.

Re: Kill Squeak Trap Call [Re: beaverpeeler] #7754366
12/25/22 03:38 PM
12/25/22 03:38 PM
Wi and ND
H
Huntgod Offline
trapper
Huntgod  Offline
trapper
H

Wi and ND
These are the squeakers produced by Gritguy. Cannot attest to the effectiveness of the other brands.

Re: Kill Squeak Trap Call [Re: beaverpeeler] #7754409
12/25/22 05:00 PM
12/25/22 05:00 PM
Oakland, MS
Drifter Online content
trapper
Drifter  Online Content
trapper

Oakland, MS
Ever wonder why caller ducks are outlawed? Electronic calls are outlawed here as well as several other states for trapping. Why would they be outlawed if they don't work?

Some individuals use statistics as a drunk man uses lamp-posts — for support rather than for illumination.

Andrew Lang (1844-1912) Scottish poet, novelist and literary critic

Life member NTA , and GA Trappers assoc .
Re: Kill Squeak Trap Call [Re: GritGuy] #7754662
12/25/22 11:37 PM
12/25/22 11:37 PM
Alaska/Washington
D
Dragger Offline
trapper
Dragger  Offline
trapper
D

Alaska/Washington
Originally Posted by GritGuy
I don't agree, quite to the contrary, I have testimonial vids and pictures from across the world, yes world, that predators and others will come into squeakers if the sound used is appropriate to the target, as well as not with sounds they have never heard
when used in an area that is or has been heavily called. Many without the use of scents or lures of any kind, from researchers trappers, and trail camera users who many don't even know how or where to attain any lures or scents.

Besides my own trials, and people who were instrumental in testing the units for a full season in different states and countries !

The major issue is that animals have to be able to hear the units, or in any unit made, and be in the range to hear them.

That's all end of story !

Why people can't get over using the animals ears, like they do the nose or eyes escapes me. Must be a mind game
that people can't get over, their ears are used just as much as the nose or eyes !

Some will continue to see this a mainly an advertisement, it is not meant that way, it is just simply education about using a different type of lure, SOUND !!

On a still night I turned on my e-caller and put on a rodent squeak sound. To my surprise coyotes came in even with it's low volume.

Sounds work. Watched it many of times with my thermal scope and scanner since then.

My Critter Collector squeakers now go with me when predator hunting and trapping.

Give an illegal alien a fish and he eats for a day. Deport him and you never have to feed him ever again!
Re: Kill Squeak Trap Call [Re: beaverpeeler] #7808039
02/26/23 07:45 PM
02/26/23 07:45 PM
Virginia
T
Turkeyeggsaver Offline
trapper
Turkeyeggsaver  Offline
trapper
T

Virginia
I bought six Squeakers and tried 4 for 7 nights with zero luck. We had bobcats last year but not many this year. I thought it may also help draw in possums, coons, fox and coyotes. I used one in a huge cage trap in the bait compartment(brushed the cage trap in to hide caller and set another bobcat cage trap with it pointing the other way beside it), another in a tire( tire had been there for 2 or 3 years and I put urine and gland lure on it weekly for a month or so before setting trap) another under at burnt piece of wood and one about five or six feet above the set ( last 3 with 550s). The squeakers were still going strong after seven days. I caught 36 critters over the 7 days but nothing with the 4 sets with squeakers. I did catch a skunk in the bobcat cage trap beside the squeaker facing the other direction. I still think they will help with bobcats but I lost confidence in them helping with other critters. I had cameras on 2 of the sets that I need to check pics on to see if anything came in to the call. I checked the cameras after about 4 days and only had a skunk, possum and coon pics. Caught some of them 20 feet or so away in DPs?

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread