trapping
kids

Trading Post

Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Trapping Only
3 minutes ago
So you are using a nyloc nut?-they can’t really loosen up maybe just keep tightening and eventually should get to where you want to be.
2 39 Read More
Trapping Only
5 minutes ago
Good story TimmeGee. I'll want to look into that later.

In similar fashion I often think of Jedediah's men that were murdered on the north shore of the Smith River near Reedsport while I ascend the river going after beaver and otter. Recently cadaver dogs were able to locate the exact location where the remains of 11 of them were buried by the McLeod led Hudson Bay expedition of fall 1826. McLeod was able to recover most of the beaver, horses, diaries and personal effects of the doomed brigade.
3 128 Read More
Trapper Talk
6 minutes ago
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Originally Posted by Savell
No sir lol

R u sure?

… fairly certain… he walked out the back with his fishing tackle… and she’d have 2 miles through thicket to get to him from the high road… if that happened who am I to stand in the way lol
11 568 Read More
Trapper Talk
8 minutes ago
Great catch young man.
4 171 Read More
Trapper Talk
33 minutes ago
Originally Posted by OhioBoy
Why would sun damage only effect the first three inches of carpet. Being close to the door frame has to have something to do with it and moisture would surely be a safe guess right?

Try lighting a fire with a magnifier got to have the angle right
35 898 Read More
ADC Forum
47 minutes ago
We have a number of the large swing panels that we have used for woodchucks. I don’t find empty traps to be an issue. When set correctly they work fine. They are a nice budget alternative.

That said, they aren’t my favorite Comstock trap. I find the large swing panels a pain to set.

The door would be easy to push up if it was aimed the other way. The closing mechanism is different between the swing panels and the black traps.
1 32 Read More
Trapper Talk
52 minutes ago
I get e-mail from them all the time and have for years. I will take that bet.
4 231 Read More
Trapper Talk
53 minutes ago
Originally Posted by beaverpeeler
Those rascals! Some folks on here have most certainly have been ployed with!

I'm sure we've all been ployed a time or two.
62 2,057 Read More
Trapper Talk
54 minutes ago
When they burrow near fences and the grass is high, give a shrill whistle and expect to see one on top of a fence post.
My dad showed me, killed quite a few that way.
20 599 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Providence Farm
Considering with the correct genetic stack and presenting colors my daughter can get $2,500 plus out of a hatchling eating them makes little since.

In warm climates and the starving 3rd world eating them because they are readable available would make since.

Or sense.
25 1,104 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
I’ve tried sights like that and I’m too rough on my turkey gun to have that last a season. I went with the FFIII umpteen years ago and haven’t looked back. In fact I have a spare just incase something ever happens to mine. Actually I think I have another on an AR.

Machined steel mounted by 4 set screws I’m not easy on things when I have places to go but no issues with this so far plus I have a spare just in case.
18 1,501 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
[Linked Image]
Just something that I received in an E-mail. That route 10 in Texas is long and boring......jk
0 113 Read More
Lure and Bait Formulator's forum
1 hour ago
Tons and tons of information on coon baits on this forum and archives. My suggestion is start reading and testing. The testing will help you become a better trapper and when you become a good trapper you will have a better idea what it takes to be considered a great bait. I'm assuming from your other posts your a beginner trapper.
3 75 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by elsmasho82
Originally Posted by BvrRetriever
elsmasho82, I think this post says a lot about the shrooms you found the other day!

I’m this way without the benefit of any mind-altering substance!
I do love the weird stuff from the 80s.

[Linked Image]
You veties are always creeping me .
smile
8 728 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Happy Birthday hope is the best one yet.
29 730 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
We had a 3 legged black cat that had its leg removed when it was a kitten. I’ve seen that cat catch birds and defend itself with that one front leg. I thought for sure he was gonna get his butt whooped but he let that bully come in close and when that cat jumped, he flipped to his back and caught that cat with his one leg, rolled, and somehow pinned him to the deck and got his teeth on that throat. He didn’t kill it, but that cat never came back around again. I hate cats but have had a couple before.
10 767 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
[Linked Image]

Get a vintage griddle....much smoother surface
18 648 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Korey
Walt are you back yet? Just found a couple beavers in the freezer that need fleshing!

I am back Korey. Next year I will have to go incognito as they probably won't let me in again. I did pick up a rather unique fleshing knife I will show you at the June rondy. You can try it out on the two beaver you found. It is a one of a kind knife.
371 53,522 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Golconda is in the extreme southern tip of El-Annoy.
9 774 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Fladry is the hanging tape, flags, whatever, around stock. Seems to work when first put in place. After two weeks, no, it loses it's effectiveness on wolves. They seem to get used to it. Same as putting up cameras. I don't care what kind of "stealth" camera you use, wolves (some of them) will avoid it for two weeks. Once they are used to it, you start getting images.

Jack
7 419 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Does any one know of a tannery that will tan beaver tails?

Thanks for any leads
0 69 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Traditional Bowhunter.
8 326 Read More
Trapper Talk
1 hour ago
Yes Sir, I think you're on to something. How do you turn the tables to make people realize that their existence in life kills animals? Their house used to be a field, their car, their food, their everything, it all comes at the expense of something else. I don't like the extreme anti's tactics because it's not in my nature to be extreme. But put a picture of a nature scene on one side and a suburban house on the other with a mangled road kill out front and a tag line like, "taking an animals home without being willing to manage wildlife is murder". Anthropomorphism, just like disneyfication, but flipped around. I think you could appeal to the same people with a picture of an asian sweat shop and a tagline like, "your clothes were made in a sweat shop by children and shipped with fossil fuels around the globe" "fur is sustainable, biodegradable, and made in the USA". I know, cheeky, but people with no connection to their existence need a wake up call.
16 666 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Originally Posted by g smith
I would grow some OP corn if I could .We often get a killing frost every month . I am going to see what they have in the organic health food store in the city. I sold my burr mill I used for wheat as it was so slow or i could have used it for corn .

If you don't care about color, check out Painted Mountain. It is a multi color corn that was developed in and for Montana.
19 680 Read More
Trapper Talk
2 hours ago
Steel will eat up copper, that's why plumbing ALWAYS has a BRASS fitting between the steel pipe and copper. Use thwe soapy water to check.
15 645 Read More
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 16 17