URGENT ALERT – ILLINOIS ONE STEP CLOSER TO GUN BAN
Freedom-loving Illinois citizens were dealt a serious blow today when Senate Bill 16 – the Daley plan to ban and confiscate your semiautomatic rifles and shotguns – passed out of the Senate Public Health Committee. The bill now goes to the full Senate for what promises to be a furious floor fight.
YOUR IMMEDIATE ASSISTANCE IS NEEDED IN THE BATTLE TO SAVE YOUR GUNS – PLEASE DO EACH OF THE FOLLOWING THINGS:
1. Call Senate President Emil Jones’ office at (217) 782-2728 and tell the person that answers that you are a law-abiding gun owner and you do not appreciate Senator Jones treating you like a criminal. (Jones is the original sponsor of SB16).
2. Call your State Senator and POLITELY tell him or her that you oppose SB16 and you would like them to vote against SB16 when it reaches the senate floor. If you do not know who your senator is, then call (217) 782-2000 and ask the switchboard to connect you with your senator. Or go on the Internet to: http://www.ilga.gov
and use the “Legislator Lookup” feature in the lower right hand corner to identify your senator and get their phone number.
3. Call State Senator Antonio Munoz, the sponsor of SB16’s most recent amendment, at: (217) 782-9415 and tell the person who answers that you are a law-abiding gun owner and that you do not appreciate Senator Munoz treating you like a criminal. Then call Munoz’s district office at (773) 869-9050 and tell the person there the same thing.
4. In a tactic as bad as the Soviet Union, Committee Chairman Susan Garrett denied gun owners the opportunity to testify against SB16 in senate hearings on the bill today. In effect, YOUR VOICE WAS SILENCED by Sen. Garrett. Of course, Daley’s Gun Grabbers were allowed to testify. So, it is important that you call Sen. Garrett’s office at (217) 782-3650, and remind the person who answers the phone that this is still the United States of America and that you are angry that Sen. Garrett denied your fellow citizens the right to be heard. Also, call Garrett’s district office at (847) 433-2002 and tell the person there the same thing.
5. Pass this alert along to all your gun owning friends. Tell them to make the same phone calls.
6. Post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards to which you belong.
7. If you are not a member of the ISRA, or you have gun owning friends who are not members of the ISRA, then go to http://www.isra.org
and join today.
THIS MAY BE YOUR LAST CHANCE TO SAVE YOUR GUNS
Posted Tue Mar 6 20:42:23 CST 2007
ISRA-PVF Press Release:
Illinois Gun Control Bill Could Prove Costly to Downstate Senate Democrats
SPRINGFIELD, Ill., March 6 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following was released today by the ISRA Political Victory Fund (ISRA-PVF):
A proposal to ban hundreds of models of popular sporting rifles and shotguns is raising the ire of gun owners across Illinois. Sponsored by Senate President Emil Jones, SB16 prohibits the manufacture, sale and possession of a host of rifles and shotguns widely used for hunting and target shooting. Owners of affected firearms would have 90-days to surrender their property to the Illinois State Police or risk felony prosecution.
"The net effect of this bill would be the destruction of many time-honored Illinois traditions," said ISRA-PVF spokesman, Richard Pearson. "Competitive target shooting -- enjoyed by thousands of Illinoisans -- would become a thing of the past. Collectors would feel the sting of this legislation as well, since their collections would become virtually worthless overnight. Thanks to the ambiguous wording of the bill, its passage would instantly create hundreds of thousands of felons out of folks who have never gotten so much as a parking ticket before. The kicker is, this bill contains absolutely no provisions that address violent criminals -- its sole impact is on the law-abiding hunter and sportsman."
"If SB16 passes the Senate, the state's gun owners will know exactly where to place the blame," continued Pearson. "That blame rests squarely with the senate Democrats, both north and south of I-80, who elevated Emil Jones to the president's chair."
"The lawful firearm owners of Illinois have enjoyed mutually-beneficial relationships with legislators on both sides of the aisle," commented Pearson. "If SB16 passes, many of those relationships will come to a screeching halt. Southern Illinois politics are in a state of change, with senate races getting closer all the time. If the senate Democrats who elected Emil Jones to the presidency cannot control him, then we'll do what we can to take his majority away from him. No friend of Emil Jones is a friend of ours."
The ISRA-PVF is a political action committee affiliated with the Illinois State Rifle Association. A copy of our report is available for a fee from the Illinois State Board of Elections, Springfield, Illinois.
This press release is posted at PRnewswire.
Posted Tue Mar 6 20:38:21 CST 2007
URGENT GUN RIGHTS ALERT - IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
The Illinois Senate is about to debate a ban on semi-automatic rifles and shotguns.
If passed, you would have 90 days to register your guns with the State Police or face arrest and felony prosecution.
If you were caught with an AR-15 and 4 magazines, you’d get life in prison.
THREE THINGS YOU MUST DO TO SAVE YOUR GUN RIGHTS
1. Beginning on Tuesday, March 6th, call your State Senator and POLITELY tell him or her that you are opposed to Senate Bill 16 – the Daley Assault Weapons Ban – and that you would like them to vote against Senate Bill 16 when it comes to the floor. If you do not know who your State Senator is, then visit the following web site: http://www.ilga.gov
and then click on the “Legislator Lookup” link in the lower right hand corner of the home page. Follow the instructions at that link.
2. Pass this alert along to all your gun-owing friends; tell them to call their State Senators also.
3. Please post this alert to any and all Internet Bulleting Boards and Internet sites to which you belong.
IF YOU DO NOT ACT NOW, YOU MAY HAVE NO GUNS LEFT BY THE 4TH OF JULY
Posted Mon Mar 5 20:15:00 CST 2007