Health Issues Forum

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Lupus #2281716
12/05/10 06:43 PM
12/05/10 06:43 PM
Eastern Kansas
Spini Boys Offline OP
trapper
Spini Boys  Offline OP
trapper

Eastern Kansas
I have Lupus and have had it for about 6 years now. Doesnt seem to slow me down too much. I did notice this year that skinning is very difficult for me to do with my hands. It seems the Lupus is attacking my joints and Kidneys. I hope I am able to keep trapping and hunting for a while longer. I am only 43 and my 9 year old is starting to trap with me, I hope I can hold out to trap with him.

Member NTA, FTA, KFHA Dist 11
Re: Lupus [Re: Spini Boys] #2357245
01/08/11 09:54 AM
01/08/11 09:54 AM
Defiance County, Ohio
J
jhammer Offline
trapper
jhammer  Offline
trapper
J

Defiance County, Ohio
I feel the same way. I got a little one I plan on taking with me when she's older. I don't have Lupus, but my seizure meds make me shake like a rock tumbler and skinning has become very difficult. I think my hunting days are numbered as well. I don't think I could hit the broadside of a barn anymore. cry

Re: Lupus [Re: Spini Boys] #2735351
09/17/11 01:57 AM
09/17/11 01:57 AM
nebraska
B
BornCaller Offline
trapper
BornCaller  Offline
trapper
B

nebraska
I hope it is a sure dx I was diagnosed with lupus and that was wrong lots of tests and drs all over even trip to Mayo they found I had Lyme disease from a tick bite.

Re: Lupus [Re: Spini Boys] #2736421
09/18/11 08:36 AM
09/18/11 08:36 AM
Pa. Susquehanna cnty.
A
Adam H Offline
trapper
Adam H  Offline
trapper
A

Pa. Susquehanna cnty.
I have had my affliction for 10 years now. Don't want to go over the long list of what it took to diagnose it (a form of M.D. known as I.B.M.)since all of you understand what it involves. The frustration of loss of muscle control to undertake simple tasks used to make me angry. Now I laugh at how clutzy I am. I still hunt, reload, trap, skin,and use my quad, but not the same way I did years ago. I can't shoot offhand, can't walk or stalk, every thing takes much longer and requires consideration to avoid dangerous falls or situations. The plus to it all is that any successes no matter how insignificant (like catching a possum or shooting a squirrel)that used to seem meaningless now feel like great achievements. May God bless all of you and I pray that you can do everything that you hope to

Life member P.T.A., N.R.A., Annual member N.J.T.A., Retired member United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread