ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
City animal control #3271400
08/13/12 01:26 PM
08/13/12 01:26 PM

P
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
paul antczak OP
Unregistered
P

There is a city animal control trying to block or steal a job from me. I don't want to give details on here. They met with the owners and said I'm incapable to perform the task that I was called to do. LOL. How legal is this for them to do that? I thought that any municipality can't do this to the private secture. I think there feelings were hurt that this major corp hired me and not them.

Last edited by paul antczak; 08/13/12 01:27 PM.
Re: City animal control [Re: ] #3271426
08/13/12 01:42 PM
08/13/12 01:42 PM
Central Pa. 62
B
bic Offline
"Mr. Sensitivity"
bic  Offline
"Mr. Sensitivity"
B

Central Pa. 62
Now just do the job quickly and efficiently and prove that they didn't know what they were talking about. News travels fast and others will soon know of their tactics and your abilities.

Life always offers a second chance.
It's called Tomorrow
Re: City animal control [Re: ] #3271457
08/13/12 02:07 PM
08/13/12 02:07 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Paul,

As far as them slandering you, that would be a clear legal deal no matter who is involved, but as far as them taking the work.
The question you must find out is what is their scope and if it includes legally what they are doing, they aren't in the wrong.
Out here, Animal control does some things and not others, while the state does some and not others and the feds do some
and not others, if its in their legal regulatory or designated need by the city you are talking about, its a policy issue, and could
be tough to change.

Interested to know more details not about the cities name or specifics on that but what species and the conflict you had.

justin

Re: City animal control [Re: ] #3271703
08/13/12 04:40 PM
08/13/12 04:40 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Well the city inspector was called out and said that your traps will not work and you need poison . Then said to shove poison down the holes . You said its not legal to poison in a open manner . Is that what happened ? . That happened to me two weeks ago on a rat job
, funny part was poison had been out for weeks before I got there . Root of the problem the human and dog food needs to removed so the other rats stop coming . I trapped one and two took its place . I would patch a hole in the concrete block and they would just chew a new one . I was so happy when I got fired off that job . Why would you keep 3 gallons of greese under your kitchen sink in a rat infested east detriot

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: City animal control [Re: ] #3272161
08/13/12 09:02 PM
08/13/12 09:02 PM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
It is easy for me to be an armchair QB. Walk away from jobs that make you the problem.

Re: City animal control [Re: ] #3272516
08/13/12 11:56 PM
08/13/12 11:56 PM
northeast MI
dew Offline
trapper
dew  Offline
trapper

northeast MI
I don't know about other areas but our city animal control is really for the county. his job description only allows him to deal with domestic dog cats things like that he's is not allowed to deal with wildlife it not in his job description. I and other controllers in my area get referrals from him all the time. Just call the city and ask them what his job entails him to Handel.

Re: City animal control [Re: dew] #3272532
08/14/12 12:04 AM
08/14/12 12:04 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Originally Posted By: dew
I don't know about other areas but our city animal control is really for the county. his job description only allows him to deal with domestic dog cats things like that he's is not allowed to deal with wildlife it not in his job description. I and other controllers in my area get referrals from him all the time. Just call the city and ask them what his job entails him to Handel.
I would be hitting that guy with some green cash in a brown bag Dew .

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: City animal control [Re: ] #3272535
08/14/12 12:08 AM
08/14/12 12:08 AM
Southern Ontario, Canada
B
Bigkolo Offline
trapper
Bigkolo  Offline
trapper
B

Southern Ontario, Canada
Paul,

I've come to despise most of those municipal "animal control" folks. They are not CO's. As far as I'm concerned a Municipal outfit should not be given the job of being a caretaker of wildlife. The MNR should dictate how wildlife is dealt with. A licensed Trapper is superior to a "animal control" officer imo.
Most of the time they do more harm than good.

Re: City animal control [Re: dew] #3272537
08/14/12 12:09 AM
08/14/12 12:09 AM
Southern Ontario, Canada
B
Bigkolo Offline
trapper
Bigkolo  Offline
trapper
B

Southern Ontario, Canada

EXACTLY!!!!
I like the way that county works!

Re: City animal control [Re: ] #3273126
08/14/12 12:35 PM
08/14/12 12:35 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
What Justin says. Regardless of any advice given here, are you qualified/licensed in your municipality to do the work specified here; likewise, are the ACO's qualified?
By definition, work done by the city is "free" (tax-funded), so it has the huge advantage of not seeming to cost the customer. Vector work (rats, mosquitoes) is often done in creeks/right-of-ways on private property in the name of community health.
Slander is hard to prosecute, but if you lose work because of it, a letter from you or your lawyer to the bosses, and the bosses' bosses, of the offending parties should put a stop to it.

Last edited by Dave Schmidt; 08/14/12 12:40 PM.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: City animal control [Re: Dave Schmidt] #3273332
08/14/12 03:17 PM
08/14/12 03:17 PM
Southern Ontario, Canada
B
Bigkolo Offline
trapper
Bigkolo  Offline
trapper
B

Southern Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Dave Schmidt
What Justin says. Regardless of any advice given here, are you qualified/licensed in your municipality to do the work specified here; likewise, are the ACO's qualified?
By definition, work done by the city is "free" (tax-funded), so it has the huge advantage of not seeming to cost the customer. Vector work (rats, mosquitoes) is often done in creeks/right-of-ways on private property in the name of community health.
Slander is hard to prosecute, but if you lose work because of it, a letter from you or your lawyer to the bosses, and the bosses' bosses, of the offending parties should put a stop to it.

Slander is hard to prosecute. In Europe I know that if you use slander to injure someone (i.e. attack their character, abilities e.t.c.) you could take them to court for an "unprovoked insult".
Laws are different though here in N.A.
Slanderers seem to get away with it unless you can prove it is ongoing and you might be able to have a criminal harrassment charge laid on them if you're lucky.

Re: City animal control [Re: ] #3273768
08/14/12 08:00 PM
08/14/12 08:00 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Ah! The good old day's, when you could slap the Yo-Yo's face, and meet for pistols at dawn!

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: City animal control [Re: Peskycritter] #3273824
08/14/12 08:23 PM
08/14/12 08:23 PM
northeast MI
dew Offline
trapper
dew  Offline
trapper

northeast MI
Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
I would be hitting that guy with some green cash in a brown bag Dew .

I get the sheriff office and central dispatch (911) donuts every now and then LOL just a little some thing for referrals.lol

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread