ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 #3286293
08/22/12 07:35 PM
08/22/12 07:35 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

The Wildlife Pro Network & Advanced Trap & ACP Animal Control Products
Present Our Second Annual SE Rondi

I am gonna do something different this year and really try to expand on three ideas:

1. Each and every podcast Sunday in Sep and Oct leading up to the event will focus on wildlife control methods, animal handling , animal trapping, site inspection and animal damage repair. These topics will also be included

These podcasts and the Rondi will focus on species commonly found in the South Eastern United States. Its a regional thing and its a big region

The South Atlantic States: Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Delaware
The East South Central States: Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi and Tennessee
The West South Central States: Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

Some of these species include Alligator, Armadillo, Bat, Beaver, Canada Geese, Coyote, Feral Swine, Fox, Flying Squirrels Northern and Southern Fox Squirrel, Gray Squirrel, Iguana, Lizards, Moles, Muskrat, Nutria, Pocket Gopher, Red Wolf, River Otter, Roof Rats Skunks, Snakes, Stinging Insects Including Honey Bees, Wasp and Hornets, Turkey Vultures, Woodchucks, Voles,

2. Provide both formal classroom instruction and hands on training at both the Training Center and possibly selected night time exhibits at the camporee. My Master of Ceremonmies should be no surprise its my good friend and frequent podcast sidekick from Wisconsin Mike Flick

3. For starters its not certified training , not many of us are certified instructors either. But we are wildlife control operators WCO's ; you know us from the podcasts as Ron Jones, Mike Flick, Rick Federation, "Warrior" David McLeod, and many others I can't announce yet. Each of them will have additional members in the party like employees and FAMILY.

I have FaceBook confirmations in public from Paul Brooker in KY, Chris Bochinno SC, Rick Federation GA, and Gary Parks OK, I have another dozen or so guys from TMAN here that are on the fence. I am planning on 80-100 attending this year we got 56 last year on short notice. We even have a full program this year.

I am trying to keep the costs down but give all of you who want to attend a show worth coming to. We have seating for 100 inside at Moultrie Technical College 800 Veterans' Parkway Moultrie GA. We have plenty of room for both land and Kirk Dekalb's water sets and trap demonstration areas will be closer right outside the classroom this year.

Whats it gonna cost ? Less then $13.50 an hour four a 8 hour day and give you a $40 NWTCP Training Manual and we will feed you a buffet for breakfast or lunch or skip the food and the Training manual this will less then $8 an hour.

Lodging:

Want to Camp with Mike Flick ? Mike said he is bringing his camper and not staying at a motel and I am Mike's host so guess where I will be.

The WCO Camporee will be held starting Friday Night with Our Tail Gate party at Reed Bingham State Park . Want to camp ( we have motels available in Moutrie by the Daytime Training Center and near Adel closer to the campground. Phone Number for Camporee Organizer Bob Brosseau tele 352-610-4754. Camping Info, Scheduled Park activities We had 32 camp sites left last night. A camp site is for one RV $28 and a car or $25 for two 6 man tents and two cars. We have secured a covered, screened gazebo that will hold 60 people with plenty of electric, rest rooms and water accessible.

Saturday Night After Hours Club One legal note it is illegal to consume or transport alcoholic beverages My point of contact is my Master of Ceremonies

For those interested we will have a fishing contest details to follow. Information on three day fishing licenses for residents and non residents is on our web site. Every $2 taken at the gate will go toward fishing monetary fishing tournament prizes and I encourage other vendors to match me. http://wcocamporee.com/get-your-three-day-georgia-fishing-license/

I am concerned about Mosquito Control and West Niles Virus for this WpN's SE Rondi . I am looking for some help and ideas for mosquito to make sure my guests just don't end up being dinner. Can anyone bring a few mosquito magnets .

Motels near Daytime Training center in Moultrie GA Econolodge, Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express

Question or concerns PM me or Kirk.

Phone Number for Camporee Organizer Bob Brosseau
tele 352-610-4754 Camping Info, Scheduled Park activities

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3286679
08/22/12 10:24 PM
08/22/12 10:24 PM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

I'm lookin forward to it Robb

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3286857
08/23/12 12:52 AM
08/23/12 12:52 AM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
Tim Julien the turdle man from Indy is coming with me. Everyone knows he's more fun than a barrel of sock monkeys and smarter too. He's certified only not as an instructor but you will learn a lot from him whether you want to or not.
If I have made anyone mad on here or anywhere else and you will be coming I would like to apoligize in advance there will be no need to straighten me out. If you aren't coming I'm stickin to my guns and I don't apoligize!!
It should be a lot of fun. I'm going to bring several pounds of turkey nuts to cook and hopfully Pesky shows up with some woodpecker breasts. In between all this fun their might be some learnin goin on;-)
This thing is going to be like Woodstock or the first WCT in Chicago. Either be there or you'll be lyin about it twenty years from now sayin you were a navy seal and you were there.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3286930
08/23/12 06:14 AM
08/23/12 06:14 AM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

Tim was my instructor at Trapper college. Yep prepare to laugh and learn. He has a good joke something about sheep and Kentucky. I can't remember. It's gona be a good show!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3286955
08/23/12 07:12 AM
08/23/12 07:12 AM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
I plan to be there and am looking forward to it!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3287057
08/23/12 09:29 AM
08/23/12 09:29 AM
somewhere in the middle of MT
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

OH man just like NWCOAs next seminar, you can't get there from here. All joking aside I went on both Priceline and Expedia and plugged in Billings to
what ever the name is of that little 'berg NWCOA chose, and it said "NO FLIGHTS AVAILABLE". And Eric I sure wish you had kept the WCT in Vegas, traveling from Montana by air is H E double L to anywhere with the exception of Vegas and New Orleans last year. I'm not complaining, just stating fact!

PS
Robb the date is all wrong too, that's right in the middle of antelope season and in my family antelope season is as sacred to us as Ramadon is to a camel jockey! grin

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: trapperpaw] #3287498
08/23/12 03:24 PM
08/23/12 03:24 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline
trapper

Dayton, OH
Originally Posted By: trapperpaw
. I'm going to bring several pounds of turkey nuts to cook and hopfully Pesky shows up with some woodpecker breasts.....

Wow and I thought I was hard on the guy.

Advanced Wildlife Managememnt
www.daytonwildlifepro.com
Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: trapper4hire] #3287571
08/23/12 04:20 PM
08/23/12 04:20 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
Eric,
If you haven't signed any contracts listen to Dave.

Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: trapperpaw] #3287689
08/23/12 05:23 PM
08/23/12 05:23 PM
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

Eric,
If you haven't signed any contracts listen to Dave.

Paul that statement is almost as good as having your wife say you're right!
And Robb, no adult beverages? That's un-American!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3287722
08/23/12 05:35 PM
08/23/12 05:35 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
The only time my wife ever said "You're Right", the subject was politics!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ] #3287861
08/23/12 07:22 PM
08/23/12 07:22 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Rick Federation
Robb seriously no alcohol? Is it a dry county or just at the campground?

Its the Campground and I am told every State Park Campground in Ga.

We are doing two things: We are gonna learn about becoming a better wco, make and renew old friendships and not at the expense of having some fun!

1. Rondi. We are having a Rondi at Moultrie Technical College in a beautiful facility with all state of the art equipment lighting, audio, stage etc, . I can seat 100 inside, or two 50 man rooms and easily handle another 100 outside going through trapping instruction at the same time. I have a inclement weather plan but to pull this off we need all that acreage they said we can use. Weather history for the last three years= no rain,around 60 degrees at night and 80's daily

We have permission to demonstrate all the water and dry land sets. Everyone who wants learn how to set snares, belisle foot snare, padded foot hold traps, the collarum and learn various live cage trapping techniques for beaver, otter, bobcat, fox, raccoon, skunk and squirrel.

Your gonna get a chance to meet and set traps with a list of WCO's that impresses me like Dave Salys, Tim Julien, Kirk Dekalb, Paul Brooker, Mike Flick, and as this morning I got a confirmation that Eric Arnold "BBM President on Tman" of WCT Group, WCT Seminars, and WCT magazine is now 100% on board.

The Rondi Morning will have a morning dedicated to trapping . You will get a chance to learn how to live trap beaver and river otter and other beaver trapping methods. Everyone will have a chance to to take Ron Jones Snaring Short Course and learn the latest wildlife control techniques for armadillo, beaver,coyote,bees,otter, bobcat, fox, raccoon,snakes, skunk and squirrel.

The Rondi Afternoon will focus on Animal Damage Repair including site inspection, estimating, Basic Exclusions Techniques and Practices

2. Kirk's WCO Camporee. Many of us had a friend who had the idea that the best way to learn from WCO's is to have a outdoors event and just fill it full of WCO's and the recipe guaranteed success. Kirk Lapierre is gone now but his concept and spirit lives on in this WCO Camporee . Remarkably when I call this Kirk's camporee it its all about the past & the present and two Kirk's.

Day One could easily be at the park. I am organizing a fishing derby too (that means I am looking for a volunteeer -hint)

If there is enough interest. WCT Group can offer a 2 hour course on Hydraulic Lift Training plus lift time for each attendee at the State Park. We can finish Day One At Our Tail Gate Party Friday Night.

I have a team of experts (volunteer plea again) discussing this very problem from all over the continent working on the alcohol concerns of some of you. My after hours team is being lead by an authority from Wisconsin, Mike Flick. We are open to ideas- legal ones.

I did my research Reed Bingham State park is in Cook County

Reed Bingham State Park is a 1,613 acre (6.53 kmē) Georgia state park in Cook County located 5 miles east of Ellenton. The park surrounds a 375 acre (1.52 kmē) lake that is a tourist attraction in southern Georgia. Inside the park, visitors can hike the 3.5 mile (5.6 km) long Coastal Plains Nature Trail, which goes through a baldcypress swamp, a pitcher plant bog, and sandhill area. The park also contains many animals, including the threatened gopher tortoise and the indigo snake. In addition, the park offers camping and fishing.

46 Tent/Trailer/RV Sites
6 Picnic Shelters
4 Group Shelters
3 Boat Ramps
3 Fishing Docks
Pioneer Camping
Playground

I found a list of Dry Counties in Georgia. Cook County Georgia is not one of them. Moultrie is Colquitt County and it is also not a dry county and probably where the alcohol problem will be solved.. .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dry_communities_by_U.S._state#Georgia

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #3287933
08/23/12 07:57 PM
08/23/12 07:57 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP
Robb the date is all wrong too, that's right in the middle of antelope season and in my family antelope season is as sacred to us as Ramadon is to a camel jockey! grin

Dave you are gonna miss a great opportunity in the heart of feral swine country 365 days a year. What do you boys do with an antelope anyway ? I thought you lived in Billings Montana not Billings Africa.

So you won't be a granola and salsa vendor this year at my Rondi then right?

Valdosta GA is the nearest airport but Kirk Dekalb knows for sure. We have a lot of people driving through Atlanta a major hub.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3287954
08/23/12 08:09 PM
08/23/12 08:09 PM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
Id rather stick hogs with my bow than deer!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288110
08/23/12 09:38 PM
08/23/12 09:38 PM
Ohio
BBM Pres Offline
trapper
BBM Pres  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Sorry Dave and Paul,

It was moved strickly for logistical reasons. Feel free to contact me offline with serious donations for the 2014 seminar if that's where you want it. eek

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288130
08/23/12 09:48 PM
08/23/12 09:48 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
We have the same rules here in Kentucky about alcohol on the parks. People bring it on the parks and drink it in cups and the rangers do not have a right to come around harassing law abiding citizens in their campsite or camper. Occasionally someone gets to having fun at the expense of their neighbor and the next thing you ol Jed's a millionaire and the rangers jerk a knot in their behinds. I'm not trying to say ignore the law but remember the spirits of the law not the letter and you should be alright.
If you should get locked up I'll testify for you that you didn't mean to do what you did and you will try to do better. If that doesn't help like a good wco we'll solve the proble with the advice of wco's who have been there before.
All that being said don't forget Cool Hand Luke.

Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288215
08/23/12 10:29 PM
08/23/12 10:29 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
What time does it start/end on Saturday?

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Barehunter] #3288247
08/23/12 10:40 PM
08/23/12 10:40 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Barehunter
What time does it start/end on Saturday?

We have a breakfast scheduled for those interested for a full breakfast buffet (Cost 6.95) and we have a 60 man room reserved between 7:30 and 8:30. Ron Jones will open the day with a short benediction and responsible to get everyone back before 9 am.

There are several restaurants nearby and we will have coffee and donuts on site.

Security and custodian arrive at 0730. My Event Staff will have doors open at 8 am, and have someone on site at all times until 6 PM

My Master of Ceremonies Mike Flick will see that we start Training at 9 and that the last class will end no later then 5 PM , break at 12:00-1:00 for lunch for a full lunch buffet (Cost 9.95) and we have a 60 man room reserved or a local restaurant of your choice.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288257
08/23/12 10:44 PM
08/23/12 10:44 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
Thanks Robb, what is the total cost including meals?

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288303
08/23/12 11:08 PM
08/23/12 11:08 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Thanks Robb, what is the total cost including meals?

Those who pay in advance by 17 Sep will get 8 hours of training for $60 and a copy of the NWCTP Training Manual for $19 and a certificate of attendance. For a total of $79. Meals are another $17.90. Grand Total of $96.90.

Those who who pay after 17 Sep and before 15 Oct will get 8 hours of training for $60 and a copy of the NWCTP Training Manual for $29 and a certificate of attendance.

Price after Oct 15th, 2012 & at the door $79 and with no training manual included. This is the same attendance price and the manual included if you pre register early.

The NWCTP Training Manual is greatly encouraged but not mandatory so $60 is all it costs before Oct 15. Unreserved copies will be on sale first come first serve for $35 dollars at the door.

Meals, lodging etc are all available and we have several choices to select from. If you want to eat or find a place to sleep. Its extra.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288364
08/24/12 12:01 AM
08/24/12 12:01 AM
Indianapolis, IN
P
ProLine Offline
trapper
ProLine  Offline
trapper
P

Indianapolis, IN
Rob, I could not read all the words but Paul B said we are going so I will be there and now I got to figure out the hotel verses camper deli-ma, to be or not to be, ..... either way we will be there.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ProLine] #3288385
08/24/12 12:26 AM
08/24/12 12:26 AM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: ProLine
Robb, I could not read all the words but Paul B said we are going so I will be there and now I got to figure out the hotel verses camper deli-ma, to be or not to be, ..... either way we will be there.

I will probably end up with a room at Hampton INN or Holiday Inn Express FRI Night to make sure I wake up in the right town for a 7:30 AM Breakfast and I have a campsite reserved, and told I also have 6 man tent that will be there. I am planning on spending Saturday Night with the After Hours Club and sleeping at the Camporee. I am thinking about getting a second camp site, a 8 Man tent and have camping available for my Event Staff if that works too.

We plan on reimbursing you , Paul, Eric and Ron Jones for your lodging. Mike Flick is bringing a camper.

Motels nearest the Camporee about 6-11 miles in the opposite direction of the Training Center and cheaper.

Motels nearest the Training Center are within a Mile of Moultrie Technical Center but almost 23 miles from the Camporee.

I will have all Motel lodging listed for both locations on the web site http://wcocamporee.com and details.

The 2012 SE Rondi Event Staff include our location host, Kirk Dekalb GA, Event MC Mike Flick WI , Ron Jones NJ , Eric Arnold OH, Tim Julien IN, Paul Brooker KY, David McLeod GA, Rick Federation GA , Norm Blackwell GA , Robb Russell FL and possibly two others.

I am looking for several guests as exhibitors to help by setting up various trap sets, snakes (I will be too busy this time)armadillos, iguanas and other lizards, different types of coyote sets snares, collarum, foot holds), and just about any critter you want to show someone how you trap it. The whole morning is trapping and I want everyone to get their hands on enough equipment as possible and time allows.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288533
08/24/12 08:17 AM
08/24/12 08:17 AM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
How/where do we pay?

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288557
08/24/12 08:50 AM
08/24/12 08:50 AM
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

Robb it's starting to look like Billings,Africa around here, I might have to move further North.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Barehunter] #3288560
08/24/12 08:53 AM
08/24/12 08:53 AM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

How/where do we pay?

Free Drawing

Prize One Free Admittance, Manual & Certificate of Attendance 8 hours of instruction.

Those who like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/SE-WCO-Rondi/470611226292158?
will be entered into a FREE drawing on our Sep 6th podcast for all Saturday Rondi Events and the NWCTP Manual.

That announcement will be made at the end of the Sep 6th, 2012 Podcast. I will do a short one hour podcast to announce the SE WCO Rondi 2012 on its own podcast.

I would like to get some idea of how many are coming and you can sign up for this event at https://www.facebook.com/events/149109221887907/

If you really can't wait just PM me.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3289449
08/24/12 08:17 PM
08/24/12 08:17 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Good to see that you honor Uncle Kirk.. Man, that is a tempting deal.
Dave, the NWCOA convention is in Tunica, Miss. (I abbreviated 'cuz I can't spell Missississippippi); a casino town that's about 30 minutes from Memphis, or a hop, skip 'n a jump to Montanans. If you can get to Memphis, I'll get you the rest of the way.

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3290299
08/25/12 12:11 PM
08/25/12 12:11 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Dave Schmidt
Good to see that you honor Uncle Kirk. Man, that is a tempting deal.

Uncle Kirk [Listen To His WpN Podcasts and watch his YouTube Videos] sold many of us on the idea of doing WCO Camporee's . Kirk La Pierre had a real passion for this industry and I hope some of his spirit can be renewed while doing this weekend get together. One of his last acts was getting letters from many of us here on TMan to Washington DC and try to stop the HSUS . Kirk drove overnight to reach a short deadline.

This is however a weekend of Two Kirk's one in memory and one in the present Kirk Dekalb , you are gonna want to listen to him.

Kirk Dekalb is not just a great cage maker he is is very well experienced all around trapper right here in the South East. The first time I met him I seen more beaver on his truck then I ever seen in my whole life. Come and Meet Kirk Dekalb Live Oct 27th at the Moultrie Technical College and you are gonna learn a lot about beaver trapping.

Listen to Kirk on a recent podcast we did on trapping beaver http://beavercontrol.us/beaver-trappers/podcasts/beaver-trapping-tales-with-kirk-dekalb/

You are gonna learn to catch a lot of Beaver . More beaver then you ever caught before. Can't wait until we get together visit his web site and buy his video Trapping Tales and learn more about Beaverman Kirk Dekalb.

http://www.trappintales.com/beaverman.html

You can also listen to a recent podcast with Kirk Dekalb and other notable WpN podcasters.

Beaver Trapping from A Business Perspective http://beavercontrol.us/beaver-trappers/podcasts/beaver-trapping-from-a-business-perspective/

The mechanics of profitable beaver management were part of the lessons shared. Don LaFrance, Bob Noonan, Kirk Dekalb, David Vinke, and others with Ron Jones.

Today’s Modern Trapper With Ron Jones & WpN Friends

Ron Jones and his Guests: Bob Noonan, Newt Sterling, Clint Locklear and Bob Jameson
http://beavercontrol.us/beaver-trappers/podcasts/todays-modern-trapper-with-ron-jones-robb-russell/

Want to learn more about Beaver Trapping I have interviewed several here on Tman check them out
http://beavercontrol.us/beaver-trappers/podcasts/

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3290639
08/25/12 05:37 PM
08/25/12 05:37 PM
Nashville, Tennessee
J
John Pearson Offline
trapper
John Pearson  Offline
trapper
J

Nashville, Tennessee
Robb. Have you heard of anyone planning on making the Rondi a family outing? Anyone bringing their wife and/or kids along?

John
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: John Pearson] #3290660
08/25/12 06:00 PM
08/25/12 06:00 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: John Pearson
Robb. Have you heard of anyone planning on making the Rondi a family outing? Anyone bringing their wife and/or kids along?

I want this to be a family event. We have a amusement park nearby full of roller coasters, a zoo and other cool stuff if your family wants to do something organized with others. if we have enough interest we can get a group rate for Friday,Rondi Saturday for family not attending or even Sunday.

http://www.wildadventures.com/

If we have at least ten signed up we will have a fishing derby to begin 12 PM Friday, or on the next hour after we get ten Registrants and end NLT 8 am Sunday.

Bob Brouseau brought his wife last year and is organizing the camporee side and getting the real info.

Phone Number for Camporee Organizer Bob Brosseau
tele 352-610-4754 Camping Info, Scheduled Park activities

We had 32 camp sites available when this started so only 32 campsites will probably max out the camporee.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3290666
08/25/12 06:07 PM
08/25/12 06:07 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
My better half and the holy terror I call my three year old will be in attendance as well.

[Linked Image]
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: warrior] #3290720
08/25/12 07:01 PM
08/25/12 07:01 PM
Nashville, Tennessee
J
John Pearson Offline
trapper
John Pearson  Offline
trapper
J

Nashville, Tennessee
Cool. Thinking about bringing wife plus 13 and 8 year old sons.

John
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3290722
08/25/12 07:03 PM
08/25/12 07:03 PM
Nashville, Tennessee
J
John Pearson Offline
trapper
John Pearson  Offline
trapper
J

Nashville, Tennessee
Thanks for the info. Sounding better all the time.

John
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3290757
08/25/12 07:31 PM
08/25/12 07:31 PM
rhode island
R
ritrapper Offline
trapper
ritrapper  Offline
trapper
R

rhode island
really wish I could go robb,time just wont allow this year.Next year I plan to attend more conventions/rondis

Last edited by ritrapper; 08/25/12 07:32 PM.

Steve Rouleau
New England Wildlife

http://newildlifesolutions.com/
401-330-8168

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: warrior] #3291002
08/25/12 09:39 PM
08/25/12 09:39 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: warrior
My better half and the holy terror I call my three year old will be in attendance as well.

My two terror's thats the Code Word for My Daughters too Warrior are Marie 17 and Sarah 24 and should be there to help dad this year.
My 19 year old son Eddie who helped me out last year should be visiting this time around as a WCO from Tallahassee !

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3291009
08/25/12 09:43 PM
08/25/12 09:43 PM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

I will be bringing my boy Chance. He's 11. And he may teach you something. Since he was 3 I been teaching him coyote location. Now it's second nature to him.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ] #3291270
08/26/12 12:41 AM
08/26/12 12:41 AM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
Kirk needs to working his behind off making traps. Everyone will want to save shipping on this quality piece of equipment to add to their tool kit.
This is going to be fun and a great opportunity to learn from your friends and make new ones.

Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3299892
08/31/12 03:35 PM
08/31/12 03:35 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
ttt

[Linked Image]
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: trapperpaw] #3301162
09/01/12 11:09 AM
09/01/12 11:09 AM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Kirk needs to working his behind off making traps. Everyone will want to save shipping on this quality piece of equipment to add to their tool kit.
This is going to be fun and a great opportunity to learn from your friends and make new ones.

Please don't wait to get your traps from Kirk the Rondi is almost 2 months away . http://www.advancedtrap.com

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3305621
09/04/12 03:32 PM
09/04/12 03:32 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Guess who's bringing lunch? (the roadkill is a joke everything comes from a store and he is an awesome cook )

Gene Bell with Snow & Bell, Inc. they sell wildlife insurance and Ron Jones and I did a podcast with him.

Gene Bell, of Snow & Bell Insurance in Brooksville, Florida, Gene writes NWCO and Pest Control company policies in the following states: Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin.

Podcast : Why NWCO’s Need Insurance http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-16456/TS-186015.mp3

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3307615
09/05/12 05:55 PM
09/05/12 05:55 PM
Nashville, Tennessee
J
John Pearson Offline
trapper
John Pearson  Offline
trapper
J

Nashville, Tennessee
Robb, I booked/paid for my campsite, and I've tried to pay for the seminar on your site. Paypal says there's a problem and to contact you. Can you take a CC over the phone?

John
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: John Pearson] #3307724
09/05/12 06:54 PM
09/05/12 06:54 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: John Pearson
Robb, I booked/paid for my campsite, and I've tried to pay for the seminar on your site. Paypal says there's a problem and to contact you. Can you take a CC over the phone?

Thank you John.

Funny I was telling Eric Arnold it won't be long someone is gonna realize the pay pal code is not working now . I am working on it . Eric spent three hours with Paypal support for a similar problem and I don't have that time right now.

Pm me your email address and your reservation intentions and I will send you a invoice via Paypal for any CC.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3308522
09/06/12 05:42 AM
09/06/12 05:42 AM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia

I will have traps there, and will show ways to catch animals using them, you have never seen before.

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3309872
09/06/12 07:59 PM
09/06/12 07:59 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Just a reminder !!

Free Drawing Tonight 8 PM EDT On Tonights Podcast
1-724-444-7444 Call ID 16456#

You do not have to be on the show to win just reguister before 830PM tonight

To register all you need to do is like our Facebook Page before 8 PM tonight here

https://www.facebook.com/pages/South-Eastern-US-Wildlife-Control-Conference/470611226292158

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3310577
09/07/12 08:11 AM
09/07/12 08:11 AM
Nashville, Tennessee
J
John Pearson Offline
trapper
John Pearson  Offline
trapper
J

Nashville, Tennessee
Sent PM

John
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3310771
09/07/12 11:03 AM
09/07/12 11:03 AM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Last nights winner for free registration to the Rondi is Graham Askew Sr. of Battle Creek Michigan. If Graham is not coming the runner up is Chad Deal of Alpharetta GA ;if Chad not coming the his second runner is Trapper Nick of Tinley Park, IL.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3310916
09/07/12 01:17 PM
09/07/12 01:17 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

JAGER PRO™ founder, Rod Pinkston, will be joining us in Moutrie GA. Rod is no stranger to the Wildlife Pro Network and here is the last informative podcast we did with him.

http://www.zimbio.com/Jamison+Stone/articles/FEXQoubCNCH/Albany+Columbus+Georgia+Tactical+Hog+Hunting

Rod Pinkston has been a national speaker at the 2008 National Conference on Feral Hogs in St. Louis, Missouri; the 2009 Wildlife Damage Management Conference in Albany, New York; the 2010 International Wild Pig Conference in Pensacola, Florida; the 2011 Wildlife Damage Management Conference in Nebraska City, Nebraska and the 2012 International Wild Pig Conference San Antonio, Texas. Rod is a published author, inventor and expert of the latest hog control methods and technology in the industry.

Rod schedules approximately 40 speaking and hog control demonstrations annually and we are very happy to have him join us Oct 27th at our SE WCO Rondi in Moutrie Ga . This one hour presentation covers the methods and equipment needed to successfully eliminate feral hogs during any 12-month agricultural cycle. These are the same tactics used by JAGER PRO™ hog control operators to harvest 1,000+ feral hogs annually and to service state and federal contracts.

Want to learn even more about feral hogs check out his youtube channel http://www.jagerpro.com/videos.aspx

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3311002
09/07/12 02:28 PM
09/07/12 02:28 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

The following presenters have confirmed:

Kirk Dekalb – Live Trapping Beaver, Otter and other vermin

Ron Jones- Snare & How to use them in WCO work.

Eric Arnold – Animal Damage Repair & Exclusion

Tim Julien- Effective Coyote Trapping

Rod Pinkston- Feral Hog Trapping Equipment & Techniques

David McLeod- Bee , Wasps & Hornet [Non-pesticide] Removal

Richard Federation -Goose Hazing Techniques

Last edited by Robb Russell; 09/09/12 02:45 PM.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3312500
09/08/12 05:11 PM
09/08/12 05:11 PM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

Will there be any vendors there! I need 4 roles of hardware cloth and the shipping on that can kill a man

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ] #3312732
09/08/12 07:33 PM
09/08/12 07:33 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: paul antczak
Will there be any vendors there! I need 4 roles of hardware cloth and the shipping on that can kill a man

Don't blame it on the vendor. Just a little over three years ago gas was under $2 a gallon and you probably know the rest of the story.

Paul Let me work on this . Out of curiosity what hardware cloth rolls are you interested in.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3312755
09/08/12 07:53 PM
09/08/12 07:53 PM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

1/4 inch 100ft

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3312876
09/08/12 08:52 PM
09/08/12 08:52 PM
Florida
WTWC Offline
trapper
WTWC  Offline
trapper

Florida
Does registration come with complimentary plane tickets?

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: WTWC] #3312901
09/08/12 09:05 PM
09/08/12 09:05 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: WTWC

We actually have several folks driving farther then you Jerry !

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3313483
09/09/12 09:07 AM
09/09/12 09:07 AM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

Rick what do you pay for a role of 1/4 2ftx100ft

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ] #3313940
09/09/12 02:44 PM
09/09/12 02:44 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Rick Federation
Robb will any venders be in attendance?
We have a few committed to date.

Well Kirk Dekalb will be there. Kirk is the location host and we are doing this Rondi in his own city at his cities pride and joy the Moultrie Technical College. ! There is a a flock of about 160-200 Canadian Geese that reside in this pond today.

Eric Arnold of WCT Group, WCT Seminars, and WCT magazine will be there.

Ron Jones and Tim Julien have spoken about bring some of their own baits and lure on sale.

Jager Pro is a vendor and already reserved a 10 X 10 space display space in the main lobby

Gene Bell our gratious Chef and the man to thank for bringing us us lunch compliments of Snow & Bell Insurance .

Anyone interested in space pm me-Robb

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3314997
09/10/12 08:46 AM
09/10/12 08:46 AM
Florida
WTWC Offline
trapper
WTWC  Offline
trapper

Florida
Originally Posted By: Robb Russell
Originally Posted By: WTWC

We actually have several folks driving farther then you Jerry !

I'll actually be in Stowe Vermont that weekend.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ] #3315139
09/10/12 10:41 AM
09/10/12 10:41 AM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: paul antczak
1/4 inch 100ft

I am fresh out of ideas now on this one. I checked and not that easy

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3320379
09/13/12 01:57 PM
09/13/12 01:57 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

I sent my Trapper Robb logo out for a upgrade and new look this new logo will first be used for the SE WCO Rondi event.
This is the logo that is going on everything from here out including attendance certificates.

So what do you think for those who remember my old logo

2 days left to save on registration and book combined.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3320396
09/13/12 02:11 PM
09/13/12 02:11 PM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

Thanks for checking Robb

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3323152
09/15/12 10:15 AM
09/15/12 10:15 AM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Today is the last day to register and save on the NWTCP Manual

PM Me if your pre-register and want both at this deadline by COB today

I am pretty happy with the response and right now it looks like Mike Flick from Wisconsin Rapids, WI and Adam Utterbach from the Cedar Rapids area of Iowa will be traveling the farthest . This little south eastern event is growing if you are planning on attending please like our evcent facebook page

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3324327
09/16/12 09:33 AM
09/16/12 09:33 AM
Florida
WTWC Offline
trapper
WTWC  Offline
trapper

Florida
What's the closest/best airport near Moultrie Robb? Might try to fly down early from Vermont if I can.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3324386
09/16/12 10:26 AM
09/16/12 10:26 AM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Valdosta but we have people who live by ATL airport willing to help if necessary! ATL will be cheaper by along shot.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3337303
09/24/12 04:15 PM
09/24/12 04:15 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

In the pre-show I had a chance to discuss some planning for the Rondi with Kirk & Ron and will try to get these changes set with the moderator to unlock the thread long enough to bring it up to date.

8:30 The Rondi will open with a Canada Geese Harassment Demonstration. We discussed multiple trapping sets starting with demonstrations by Kirk with instruction on live cage beaver trapping and see all of his beaver cages and other cages. Followed by Jonesie discussing NWCO Snaring and Tim Julien discussing effective urban coyote trapping. David McLeod will do a yellow jacket removal demonstration.

10:00 Vendor Exhibits (Coffee Break)

10:15 Hands On Collarum, Snares and more.

Looking for volunteers to demonstration their favorite traps and sets for Beaver, Bobcat, Coyote, Fox, Geese, Otter, opossum, raccoon, Skunk, Squirrel... you get the idea. Interested PM Me?

Vendors Exhibits

12:00 Vendors Exhibition Lunch provided by Snow& Bell Insurance

Here is one of three joining classrooms.

Want to know what Kirk and Ron will be discussing at the Rondi Listen to the beginning of the podcast with my interviews with both of them when they told me exactly what their Rondo Class Instruction plans are.

http://thewildlifepro.com/about/our-podcasts/animal-trapping-1-live-trapping/

The Rondi started by Ron Jones discussing all live capture options snares, cages, belisle foot snare, collarums and other options available today. Thank you Jonesie real first class information. Next week water sets

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3351411
10/03/12 05:28 PM
10/03/12 05:28 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
What is with the four foot rolls? I can get two two foot rolls for less than a hundred bucks, but one four foot roll costs one arm, one leg, and my first born!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3366768
10/13/12 10:21 AM
10/13/12 10:21 AM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Monday is the deadline for early registration at $60 each.

I will still honor Stephen Vantassel's NWTCP manual for $29 through Monday.

For those of you on the fence I need your entries postmarked any day before Oct 16th !

Hope to see many of you there !!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3370484
10/15/12 05:11 PM
10/15/12 05:11 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

I am gonna have Tim Julien of Proline demonstrate using the collarums at our Rondi this coming Sat Oct 27th 2012 Moultrie GA. WCS per Tim Julien says he will also have one collarum to give away at the Rondi.

One of the main objectives is to get more hands on using the collarum.

Last night for pre-registration pm me if interested in saving $39 at the door
THE NWTCP Manual is $29 bucks with pre-registration before midnight tonight. Boy tomorrow morning will be fine if you mention you read it here.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3370805
10/15/12 08:29 PM
10/15/12 08:29 PM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

Tim gives a great Collarum demo! I wish I will be there to see it again. Youth deer hunt that weekend so I won't make it. October is just way to difficult to get away.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3370880
10/15/12 09:00 PM
10/15/12 09:00 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
I will have at least six different cage traps for use in catching beaver and otter. There will be unique trap designs never shown before for other animals, as well as beaver.

Hope to see you there!

Kirk

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3370896
10/15/12 09:08 PM
10/15/12 09:08 PM
Nashville, Tennessee
J
John Pearson Offline
trapper
John Pearson  Offline
trapper
J

Nashville, Tennessee
I'm going to have some Starling Stopper traps and some white plastic collapsible skunk trap covers. You may have seen them in some of my posted photos. The skunk trap covers (2 different sizes) are cut to fit either Tomahawk or Safeguard skunk traps.

John
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3372487
10/16/12 08:24 PM
10/16/12 08:24 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
I will have my stuff there and maybe some calls

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3376533
10/18/12 11:25 PM
10/18/12 11:25 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

I will have a few of 330 trappers traps available.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3380156
10/21/12 12:59 PM
10/21/12 12:59 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

For you last minute guys those who call in during or after the podcast and mention my podcast by by COB 5:pm EDT Tuesday night $75 at the door as a reserved attendee because I am trying to get the catering right and be able to feed everyone the lunch I promised with Gene Bell, Snow & Bell Insurance

You can meet Gene Bell at both breakfast and lunch.

Breakfast not included but I have a 60 man room reserved. I believe the breakfast buffet is $6.95

J. Harvey’s Buffet and Bakery
(229) 985-3663
1700 First Avenue SE

Moultrie, GA 31768

| Fax: (229) 890-2298

We reserved a private room that will seat 60 and have a large buffet for breakfast and lunch

07:30-8:30 Breakfast

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3391251
10/27/12 08:05 PM
10/27/12 08:05 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
We had some excellent presentations. Literally was exceptional. Speakers did a superb job. Couldn,t have been a better group of attendees.

As you can imagine, Warrior was dressed for the event.

Certainly was great to meet and greet all.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3391578
10/27/12 10:40 PM
10/27/12 10:40 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
I also thought it was outstanding! Thanks to Robb and for putting this on and thanks to all presenters....it was excellent!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3391894
10/28/12 08:46 AM
10/28/12 08:46 AM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

I want to thank all of the presenters Eric Arnold, Tim Julien, Ron Jones, Kirk Dekalb, David McLeod, Neal Mcleure and Rod Pinkston.

The Canada Geese hazing demonstration was a bust. The geese actually left while Goose Chasers was setting up.But that's ok we had a morning full of trapping demonstrations "honk free" which was my plan anyway.

For all of you who would of , could of and should of we will be doing this again next year In Moultrie GA

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3391970
10/28/12 09:42 AM
10/28/12 09:42 AM
Coweta county,Georgia
csims723 Offline
trapper
csims723  Offline
trapper

Coweta county,Georgia
We had a blast at the Rondi. Lots of great presenters giving out a lot of good info. It was great to meet everyone and get a chance to put a face with a name.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3392053
10/28/12 11:09 AM
10/28/12 11:09 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Kirk, it was so good to see you again. I think we really had a great event and will continue to do so into the future.

[Linked Image]
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: warrior] #3392441
10/28/12 05:10 PM
10/28/12 05:10 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: warrior
Kirk, it was so good to see you again.

This was the second time I had a chance to do a Rondi with Kirk Dekalb.
Its always an an honor to do any event with Kirk Dekalb, Great trapper, teacher, trap maker and innovator of the North American Trapping Industry .

Mark Your Calenders Gentlemen Looks like Fri-Sat 18-19 Oct 2013 is a go 3rd Annual SE WCO Rondi

Moultrie Technical College
Moultrie GA

I also want to thank our speakers, teachers, guests, Kirk and my own suporting staff &families who without their help this would of never been a success.

Robb

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3393142
10/28/12 11:37 PM
10/28/12 11:37 PM
Indianapolis, IN
P
ProLine Offline
trapper
ProLine  Offline
trapper
P

Indianapolis, IN
Thanks to all for allowing me to be part of this great event. Good to put faces with names after many years. Very refreshing to gather with NWCOs for all the right reasons. Folks from NJ, FL, CA, GA, OH, KY, CO and IN where there. Good People good food Just what else is there? Thanks again and hope to be there next year.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3393525
10/29/12 09:07 AM
10/29/12 09:07 AM
Coweta county,Georgia
csims723 Offline
trapper
csims723  Offline
trapper

Coweta county,Georgia
Thanks to all the presenters for taking time out of your bu. sy scheduals to pass on your knowledge. Pete and I really enjoyed meeting everyone and took alot of good informationfrom the demonstrations. Thanks again guys

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3393528
10/29/12 09:10 AM
10/29/12 09:10 AM
Nashville, Tennessee
J
John Pearson Offline
trapper
John Pearson  Offline
trapper
J

Nashville, Tennessee
Sure was good to meet a lot of you folks who post on T-man at the Rondi. I especially liked the after hours meetings on Fri and Sat night back at the campground with Rick, Bob, Bruce, Matt, Krystal and several others whose names I don't recall.
You just can't top the back and forth you get when you're face to face talking tactics with fellow WCO's without the need to self censure.

Just a few of my personal highlights. There were some excellent "in the dirt" demos on Saturday from Tim Julien and Ron Jones regarding snares, footholds and the collarum. I also learned some great tips from Kirk on caging beaver.

Warrior's (Dave's) presentation on removing stinging insects was very eye-opening and because of it I'll most likely be adding that non-chemical removal service to my repertoire.

Eric Arnold's discussion of caulks, foams, trim coil, exclusion, etc was as usual, very informative and better yet, extremely useful.

For me it was certainly well worth the 8 hour drive.

John
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3393601
10/29/12 10:25 AM
10/29/12 10:25 AM
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

I think I need to put a good/better effort into attending next year even if it is in the middle of antelope season. How many attendees did you have Robb?

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ProLine] #3393649
10/29/12 11:09 AM
10/29/12 11:09 AM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: ProLine
Folks from NJ, FL, CA, GA, OH, KY, CO and IN where there.

We also had three from Tennessee , John Pearson, Nashville and Matt and Crystal Chitwood from Knoxville.

Matt Chitwood walked home with a Collarum Courtesy of Alan Huot Of Wildlife Control Supplies. http://shopwcs.com

Tim Julien I am very grateful that you Paul Brooker and Eric Arnold felt the Rondi was important enough to attend. I am open to ideas how to make next years Rondi better. Your are an awesome guy glad to have met you.

Eric Arnold between your recent bat removal podcast and Tips on Roofs, Caulking and Exclusions. I owe you and then some.

Ron Jones drove home heading to the storm of a century some are calling a "Frankenstorm". I can't even begin to put into words how important his presence was at this Rondi and every time he finds the time to do podcasts with me. Jonesie I am again in your debt.

Warrior spent the whole day in a kilt. Not only was he a sight but if you wanted to add sting insect removal as an add on service his class was very useful.

I looking forward to Paul Brooker and Rick Federation stepping in and helping with future podcasts and a bigger role in newt years Rondi.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: John Pearson] #3394304
10/29/12 05:44 PM
10/29/12 05:44 PM
Tennessee
M
mchitwood Offline
trapper
mchitwood  Offline
trapper
M

Tennessee
We had a great time at the event and thanks to all for the advice. We are glad that we got a chance to meet everyone and I've brought a lot of knowledge (plus a collarum!) back to Knoxville with me. Hanging out at the campground with you guys was great. My only suggestion would be to get that part of the event better organized for next year. Wish more could have come spent some time at camp, we covered a lot of topics!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #3394748
10/29/12 08:58 PM
10/29/12 08:58 PM
St. Louis area
D
Dave Schmidt Offline
trapper
Dave Schmidt  Offline
trapper
D

St. Louis area
Originally Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP
I think I need to put a good/better effort into attending next year even if it is in the middle of antelope season. How many attendees did you have Robb?

Dude - you need to get out of the big city and see some of your peeps sometime!

ALL OUT Wildlife Control
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ] #3394823
10/29/12 09:19 PM
10/29/12 09:19 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
I think making it a two day event during alligator season would be a good idea. I wish I hd spent time at the campground and socialized a more. I learn so much more in an informal setting. So many people who aren't ones to get up in front of a crowd will share there knowledge around a fire or under the moon.
If someone puts in and gets drawn for an alligator tag especially if your from out of state I think Tim and I can help you get the gator with a little help from some our Georgia buddies. It doesn't cost to put in and you do it on line.
I bought three of Kirks traps that I plan to leave to my grandchildren. I'll update about them on here when I get them. I don't know if a trap needs to be as good as he makes them but if you have to err it is best to err on the side of to good. I think these traps would hold my grand kids. I know they will hold coon,ground hog, beaver etc.
I never met a person in Georgia I didn't like except the waitress at Applebee's and it turned out she was from New York city. I have decided though it may not have been her fault. I ws with Tim Julien and Eric Arnold and anyone who knows them knows they can be wieners. I can't type the word I want the auto moderator calls me names.

Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ] #3394867
10/29/12 09:32 PM
10/29/12 09:32 PM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
Well it was great to be part of the outting and meeting many of you all. Rick tell Bruce that next time we need to hear more about his beaver attrration methods LOL It was good to see ya again Tim let me know how the trap works.

well the eye of the storm passed over about a hour ago things qt right now round 2 gona start soon for those that know about huicanns. Robb, not as bad as we was thinking only 80 mph winds with 15 to 26 feet storm surgers. we got home in the beginning of the 1st storm got to batten down the hatches this morning before the main event.

great outting Robb

For all those that could not attend for what ever reason try to make next year I am sure it will even be better then the first two years. I assure you, you will learn something new no matter how long you have been doing this and the time spent afterwards with the other attendees is priceless.[/quote]

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3395564
10/30/12 10:05 AM
10/30/12 10:05 AM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Thanks for the comments guys I made a few calls yesterday and will continue until I reach everyone for comments.

The Rondi was a learning experience for me. Last year the logistics was simple coordinate food with Kirk Dekalb and Teena Newman. Schedule classes.

This year we were blessed with the expertise of so many of our presenters. Logistics changed. Food was out of our hands - a good thing. But we had presenters coming in from South Jersey Indianapolis,Indiana, Longmount Colorado, Cleveland , Cleveland, Ohio, Atlanta and Moultrie Georgia.

Thank you all of you Kirk, Tim, Ron, Eric, David, Rick, Rod, Neil, and my own team Fran, Marie, and Eddie.

Eric If I could do it again I would give you the whole afternoon. I plan to keep a full morning in the dirt dedicated to animal trapping.

Fran, my business manager has the job to plan, market, and create interest in the 3rd Annual Moutrie Rondi Oct 18-19 2013.

If your interested in being a presenter or vendor in next years show please pm me so we can include you in our plans for next year.

Time was my worst enemy and when I decided to add Rod Pinkston and his feral hog trapping and hunting presentation I knew I may run into a longer day as we did.

We are considering planning two days next year. Tie in the consumer, AG students and WCO's better.

Planning and coordinating the event with the College and Moultrie Technical College's own Fish & Game Wildlife Management department.

This year the event will be planned year round and not the last 2 months. I can promise you I will do my best to get bigger numbers (28), more content and have a plan for after hours for everyone to meet before and after the vent After Hours Club.

Camping

Originally this was supposed to be Kirk's Camporee

This turned out right away to not go the way we planned. We had 28 spaces available and in days ran out of spaces and think we ended up with just three reserved spaces. Our boots on the ground have identified what to ask for over the phone and when to reserve them (90 days is earliest available we can reserve).

Bob Brousseau last night committed to be our Campsite Organizer for 2013. He knows what section to ask for and how much we need 90 days out to reserve it.

electric, camping and showering facilities nearby

After Hours Club

We well meet up each night at the Catfish House near Reed Bingham State Park . They had plenty of room to handle large crowds, good food and give Bruce something to look forward to and if not him. Others.

Lodging was plentiful.
Plenty of motels in Adel (four miles away and Moutrie (15 miles away) nearby .

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3395964
10/30/12 03:41 PM
10/30/12 03:41 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
With the quality of the presenters that were there this year, I would love to see it go to a full 2 day event. I second the motion for giving Eric Arnold a full half day. If there is sufficient interest I would be happy to demo drift fence methods for armadillos etc.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3396029
10/30/12 05:03 PM
10/30/12 05:03 PM
Lower Alabama (Daleville)
L
LAtrapper Offline
"Professor"
LAtrapper  Offline
"Professor"
L

Lower Alabama (Daleville)
Barehunter,
Does your demonstration bear any resemblance to this? http://adcnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=predators&action=display&thread=216

Note to self- Engage brain before opening mouth (or hitting the ENTER key/SUBMIT button).

Ron Fry

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3396046
10/30/12 05:17 PM
10/30/12 05:17 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Talk about mixed emotions! With one of our guys still out, I'm very proud of the fact that I could help make this the best October ever for our company. Having said that, I also feel that I missed a really great opportunity to meet old friends and make some new ones at what had to be one of this year's best events.

While I have met many of the presenters and attendees, it would have been fantastic to meet face to face with Robb, David, and Rick, just to mention a few. Perhaps after I re-retire they will have another one.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3396070
10/30/12 05:33 PM
10/30/12 05:33 PM
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

Paul, maybe we could car pool, or would it be plane pool? Better yet could we take your private jet, you know the black one with the white stripe?

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: LAtrapper] #3396469
10/30/12 08:57 PM
10/30/12 08:57 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
Originally Posted By: LAtrapper
Barehunter,
Does your demonstration bear any resemblance to this? http://adcnetwork.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=predators&action=display&thread=216

Yep. that's exactly what I use. Probably not worth giving a talk about but I'd be happy to set up a static display or whatever.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread