ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 #3286293
08/22/12 07:35 PM
08/22/12 07:35 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

The Wildlife Pro Network & Advanced Trap & ACP Animal Control Products
Present Our Second Annual SE Rondi

I am gonna do something different this year and really try to expand on three ideas:

1. Each and every podcast Sunday in Sep and Oct leading up to the event will focus on wildlife control methods, animal handling , animal trapping, site inspection and animal damage repair. These topics will also be included

These podcasts and the Rondi will focus on species commonly found in the South Eastern United States. Its a regional thing and its a big region

The South Atlantic States: Florida, Georgia, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, and Delaware
The East South Central States: Alabama, Kentucky, Mississippi and Tennessee
The West South Central States: Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas

Some of these species include Alligator, Armadillo, Bat, Beaver, Canada Geese, Coyote, Feral Swine, Fox, Flying Squirrels Northern and Southern Fox Squirrel, Gray Squirrel, Iguana, Lizards, Moles, Muskrat, Nutria, Pocket Gopher, Red Wolf, River Otter, Roof Rats Skunks, Snakes, Stinging Insects Including Honey Bees, Wasp and Hornets, Turkey Vultures, Woodchucks, Voles,

2. Provide both formal classroom instruction and hands on training at both the Training Center and possibly selected night time exhibits at the camporee. My Master of Ceremonmies should be no surprise its my good friend and frequent podcast sidekick from Wisconsin Mike Flick

3. For starters its not certified training , not many of us are certified instructors either. But we are wildlife control operators WCO's ; you know us from the podcasts as Ron Jones, Mike Flick, Rick Federation, "Warrior" David McLeod, and many others I can't announce yet. Each of them will have additional members in the party like employees and FAMILY.

I have FaceBook confirmations in public from Paul Brooker in KY, Chris Bochinno SC, Rick Federation GA, and Gary Parks OK, I have another dozen or so guys from TMAN here that are on the fence. I am planning on 80-100 attending this year we got 56 last year on short notice. We even have a full program this year.

I am trying to keep the costs down but give all of you who want to attend a show worth coming to. We have seating for 100 inside at Moultrie Technical College 800 Veterans' Parkway Moultrie GA. We have plenty of room for both land and Kirk Dekalb's water sets and trap demonstration areas will be closer right outside the classroom this year.

Whats it gonna cost ? Less then $13.50 an hour four a 8 hour day and give you a $40 NWTCP Training Manual and we will feed you a buffet for breakfast or lunch or skip the food and the Training manual this will less then $8 an hour.

Lodging:

Want to Camp with Mike Flick ? Mike said he is bringing his camper and not staying at a motel and I am Mike's host so guess where I will be.

The WCO Camporee will be held starting Friday Night with Our Tail Gate party at Reed Bingham State Park . Want to camp ( we have motels available in Moutrie by the Daytime Training Center and near Adel closer to the campground. Phone Number for Camporee Organizer Bob Brosseau tele 352-610-4754. Camping Info, Scheduled Park activities We had 32 camp sites left last night. A camp site is for one RV $28 and a car or $25 for two 6 man tents and two cars. We have secured a covered, screened gazebo that will hold 60 people with plenty of electric, rest rooms and water accessible.

Saturday Night After Hours Club One legal note it is illegal to consume or transport alcoholic beverages My point of contact is my Master of Ceremonies

For those interested we will have a fishing contest details to follow. Information on three day fishing licenses for residents and non residents is on our web site. Every $2 taken at the gate will go toward fishing monetary fishing tournament prizes and I encourage other vendors to match me. http://wcocamporee.com/get-your-three-day-georgia-fishing-license/

I am concerned about Mosquito Control and West Niles Virus for this WpN's SE Rondi . I am looking for some help and ideas for mosquito to make sure my guests just don't end up being dinner. Can anyone bring a few mosquito magnets .

Motels near Daytime Training center in Moultrie GA Econolodge, Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express

Question or concerns PM me or Kirk.

Phone Number for Camporee Organizer Bob Brosseau
tele 352-610-4754 Camping Info, Scheduled Park activities

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3286679
08/22/12 10:24 PM
08/22/12 10:24 PM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

I'm lookin forward to it Robb

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3286857
08/23/12 12:52 AM
08/23/12 12:52 AM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
Tim Julien the turdle man from Indy is coming with me. Everyone knows he's more fun than a barrel of sock monkeys and smarter too. He's certified only not as an instructor but you will learn a lot from him whether you want to or not.
If I have made anyone mad on here or anywhere else and you will be coming I would like to apoligize in advance there will be no need to straighten me out. If you aren't coming I'm stickin to my guns and I don't apoligize!!
It should be a lot of fun. I'm going to bring several pounds of turkey nuts to cook and hopfully Pesky shows up with some woodpecker breasts. In between all this fun their might be some learnin goin on;-)
This thing is going to be like Woodstock or the first WCT in Chicago. Either be there or you'll be lyin about it twenty years from now sayin you were a navy seal and you were there.

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3286930
08/23/12 06:14 AM
08/23/12 06:14 AM

P
paul antczak
Unregistered
paul antczak
Unregistered
P

Tim was my instructor at Trapper college. Yep prepare to laugh and learn. He has a good joke something about sheep and Kentucky. I can't remember. It's gona be a good show!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3286955
08/23/12 07:12 AM
08/23/12 07:12 AM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
I plan to be there and am looking forward to it!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3287057
08/23/12 09:29 AM
08/23/12 09:29 AM
somewhere in the middle of MT
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

OH man just like NWCOAs next seminar, you can't get there from here. All joking aside I went on both Priceline and Expedia and plugged in Billings to
what ever the name is of that little 'berg NWCOA chose, and it said "NO FLIGHTS AVAILABLE". And Eric I sure wish you had kept the WCT in Vegas, traveling from Montana by air is H E double L to anywhere with the exception of Vegas and New Orleans last year. I'm not complaining, just stating fact!

PS
Robb the date is all wrong too, that's right in the middle of antelope season and in my family antelope season is as sacred to us as Ramadon is to a camel jockey! grin

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: trapperpaw] #3287498
08/23/12 03:24 PM
08/23/12 03:24 PM
Dayton, OH
trapper4hire Offline
trapper
trapper4hire  Offline
trapper

Dayton, OH
Originally Posted By: trapperpaw
. I'm going to bring several pounds of turkey nuts to cook and hopfully Pesky shows up with some woodpecker breasts.....

Wow and I thought I was hard on the guy.

Advanced Wildlife Managememnt
www.daytonwildlifepro.com
Chris O'Banion
NTA Life Member
OSTA Life Member
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: trapper4hire] #3287571
08/23/12 04:20 PM
08/23/12 04:20 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
Eric,
If you haven't signed any contracts listen to Dave.

Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: trapperpaw] #3287689
08/23/12 05:23 PM
08/23/12 05:23 PM
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline
trapper
D

Originally Posted By: trapperpaw
Eric,
If you haven't signed any contracts listen to Dave.

Paul that statement is almost as good as having your wife say you're right!
And Robb, no adult beverages? That's un-American!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3287722
08/23/12 05:35 PM
08/23/12 05:35 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
The only time my wife ever said "You're Right", the subject was politics!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: ] #3287861
08/23/12 07:22 PM
08/23/12 07:22 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Rick Federation
Robb seriously no alcohol? Is it a dry county or just at the campground?

Its the Campground and I am told every State Park Campground in Ga.

We are doing two things: We are gonna learn about becoming a better wco, make and renew old friendships and not at the expense of having some fun!

1. Rondi. We are having a Rondi at Moultrie Technical College in a beautiful facility with all state of the art equipment lighting, audio, stage etc, . I can seat 100 inside, or two 50 man rooms and easily handle another 100 outside going through trapping instruction at the same time. I have a inclement weather plan but to pull this off we need all that acreage they said we can use. Weather history for the last three years= no rain,around 60 degrees at night and 80's daily

We have permission to demonstrate all the water and dry land sets. Everyone who wants learn how to set snares, belisle foot snare, padded foot hold traps, the collarum and learn various live cage trapping techniques for beaver, otter, bobcat, fox, raccoon, skunk and squirrel.

Your gonna get a chance to meet and set traps with a list of WCO's that impresses me like Dave Salys, Tim Julien, Kirk Dekalb, Paul Brooker, Mike Flick, and as this morning I got a confirmation that Eric Arnold "BBM President on Tman" of WCT Group, WCT Seminars, and WCT magazine is now 100% on board.

The Rondi Morning will have a morning dedicated to trapping . You will get a chance to learn how to live trap beaver and river otter and other beaver trapping methods. Everyone will have a chance to to take Ron Jones Snaring Short Course and learn the latest wildlife control techniques for armadillo, beaver,coyote,bees,otter, bobcat, fox, raccoon,snakes, skunk and squirrel.

The Rondi Afternoon will focus on Animal Damage Repair including site inspection, estimating, Basic Exclusions Techniques and Practices

2. Kirk's WCO Camporee. Many of us had a friend who had the idea that the best way to learn from WCO's is to have a outdoors event and just fill it full of WCO's and the recipe guaranteed success. Kirk Lapierre is gone now but his concept and spirit lives on in this WCO Camporee . Remarkably when I call this Kirk's camporee it its all about the past & the present and two Kirk's.

Day One could easily be at the park. I am organizing a fishing derby too (that means I am looking for a volunteeer -hint)

If there is enough interest. WCT Group can offer a 2 hour course on Hydraulic Lift Training plus lift time for each attendee at the State Park. We can finish Day One At Our Tail Gate Party Friday Night.

I have a team of experts (volunteer plea again) discussing this very problem from all over the continent working on the alcohol concerns of some of you. My after hours team is being lead by an authority from Wisconsin, Mike Flick. We are open to ideas- legal ones.

I did my research Reed Bingham State park is in Cook County

Reed Bingham State Park is a 1,613 acre (6.53 kmē) Georgia state park in Cook County located 5 miles east of Ellenton. The park surrounds a 375 acre (1.52 kmē) lake that is a tourist attraction in southern Georgia. Inside the park, visitors can hike the 3.5 mile (5.6 km) long Coastal Plains Nature Trail, which goes through a baldcypress swamp, a pitcher plant bog, and sandhill area. The park also contains many animals, including the threatened gopher tortoise and the indigo snake. In addition, the park offers camping and fishing.

46 Tent/Trailer/RV Sites
6 Picnic Shelters
4 Group Shelters
3 Boat Ramps
3 Fishing Docks
Pioneer Camping
Playground

I found a list of Dry Counties in Georgia. Cook County Georgia is not one of them. Moultrie is Colquitt County and it is also not a dry county and probably where the alcohol problem will be solved.. .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dry_communities_by_U.S._state#Georgia

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #3287933
08/23/12 07:57 PM
08/23/12 07:57 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP
Robb the date is all wrong too, that's right in the middle of antelope season and in my family antelope season is as sacred to us as Ramadon is to a camel jockey! grin

Dave you are gonna miss a great opportunity in the heart of feral swine country 365 days a year. What do you boys do with an antelope anyway ? I thought you lived in Billings Montana not Billings Africa.

So you won't be a granola and salsa vendor this year at my Rondi then right?

Valdosta GA is the nearest airport but Kirk Dekalb knows for sure. We have a lot of people driving through Atlanta a major hub.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3287954
08/23/12 08:09 PM
08/23/12 08:09 PM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
Id rather stick hogs with my bow than deer!

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288110
08/23/12 09:38 PM
08/23/12 09:38 PM
Ohio
BBM Pres Offline
trapper
BBM Pres  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Sorry Dave and Paul,

It was moved strickly for logistical reasons. Feel free to contact me offline with serious donations for the 2014 seminar if that's where you want it. eek

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288130
08/23/12 09:48 PM
08/23/12 09:48 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
We have the same rules here in Kentucky about alcohol on the parks. People bring it on the parks and drink it in cups and the rangers do not have a right to come around harassing law abiding citizens in their campsite or camper. Occasionally someone gets to having fun at the expense of their neighbor and the next thing you ol Jed's a millionaire and the rangers jerk a knot in their behinds. I'm not trying to say ignore the law but remember the spirits of the law not the letter and you should be alright.
If you should get locked up I'll testify for you that you didn't mean to do what you did and you will try to do better. If that doesn't help like a good wco we'll solve the proble with the advice of wco's who have been there before.
All that being said don't forget Cool Hand Luke.

Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288215
08/23/12 10:29 PM
08/23/12 10:29 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
What time does it start/end on Saturday?

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Barehunter] #3288247
08/23/12 10:40 PM
08/23/12 10:40 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Barehunter
What time does it start/end on Saturday?

We have a breakfast scheduled for those interested for a full breakfast buffet (Cost 6.95) and we have a 60 man room reserved between 7:30 and 8:30. Ron Jones will open the day with a short benediction and responsible to get everyone back before 9 am.

There are several restaurants nearby and we will have coffee and donuts on site.

Security and custodian arrive at 0730. My Event Staff will have doors open at 8 am, and have someone on site at all times until 6 PM

My Master of Ceremonies Mike Flick will see that we start Training at 9 and that the last class will end no later then 5 PM , break at 12:00-1:00 for lunch for a full lunch buffet (Cost 9.95) and we have a 60 man room reserved or a local restaurant of your choice.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288257
08/23/12 10:44 PM
08/23/12 10:44 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline
trapper
Barehunter  Offline
trapper
B

Georgia
Thanks Robb, what is the total cost including meals?

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288303
08/23/12 11:08 PM
08/23/12 11:08 PM
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Originally Posted By: Barehunter
Thanks Robb, what is the total cost including meals?

Those who pay in advance by 17 Sep will get 8 hours of training for $60 and a copy of the NWCTP Training Manual for $19 and a certificate of attendance. For a total of $79. Meals are another $17.90. Grand Total of $96.90.

Those who who pay after 17 Sep and before 15 Oct will get 8 hours of training for $60 and a copy of the NWCTP Training Manual for $29 and a certificate of attendance.

Price after Oct 15th, 2012 & at the door $79 and with no training manual included. This is the same attendance price and the manual included if you pre register early.

The NWCTP Training Manual is greatly encouraged but not mandatory so $60 is all it costs before Oct 15. Unreserved copies will be on sale first come first serve for $35 dollars at the door.

Meals, lodging etc are all available and we have several choices to select from. If you want to eat or find a place to sleep. Its extra.

Re: South East USA RONDI Oct Fr Oct 26-27 2012 [Re: Robb Russell] #3288364
08/24/12 12:01 AM
08/24/12 12:01 AM
Indianapolis, IN
P
ProLine Offline
trapper
ProLine  Offline
trapper
P

Indianapolis, IN
Rob, I could not read all the words but Paul B said we are going so I will be there and now I got to figure out the hotel verses camper deli-ma, to be or not to be, ..... either way we will be there.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread