Lures, Bait and Urine Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Re: tonquin musk prices [Re: ] #331357
09/11/07 06:37 PM
09/11/07 06:37 PM
Gulliver, Michigan
A
Asa Lenon Offline
trapper
Asa Lenon  Offline
trapper
A

Gulliver, Michigan
The difference in quality of the synthetics is as varied as night and day. The synthetic sold by Paul Dobbins is as close to to the genuine as one can get so it is worth the price being asked. Click on Dobbins catalog at the top of this page for price and description. Ace

Re: tonquin musk prices [Re: Asa Lenon] #331556
09/11/07 08:52 PM
09/11/07 08:52 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
The cost of artificial tonquin musk is still costly to purchase at wholesale pricing so the cost of the good material is still going to command a good dollar if it is not cut.

I dont cut my material unless indicated. Paul does the same I am sure.

Re: tonquin musk prices [Re: Bob Jameson] #331568
09/11/07 08:57 PM
09/11/07 08:57 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina
You're right Bob, the oils I have aren't cut, and that's why they are so much more than others. Once you use an uncut oil in formulation and then you switch suppliers and get an oil that's cut, you will soon find out the difference in your lure.

On the other hand, if you're using oils that are cut (diluted) and switch to uncut oils, you'll have some adjusting to do.

I'm currently out of the Tonquin musk oil in my catalog. That was Dave's and since he passed away, I've not been able to get the blend right to get his tonquin smell. I have his old formula that he used, but he improved on it and that new formula I don't have. Until I figure it out, I won't have any Tonquin for sale.

Re: tonquin musk prices [Re: Paul Dobbins] #331744
09/11/07 10:10 PM
09/11/07 10:10 PM
Central Ohio
LT GREY Offline
trapper
LT GREY  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
Got some still from V.E. Tingley back in the 70's. Bought some from Bob Dewey too,( who bought Tingley's Northland but later sold out to Sterling Fur). \:\) Not for sale 300 miles from Broadus Montana though! Ha! \:\)

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Wolfdog91