ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Suburban Fox Trapping #3351887
10/03/12 09:24 PM
10/03/12 09:24 PM
Eastern Shore, MD
J
JoMiBru Offline OP
trapper
JoMiBru  Offline OP
trapper
J

Eastern Shore, MD
Hi guys. I am fairly new to this field. I have fur trapped all my life, and I just started nuisance work when I got certified in March. In Maryland, you have to test into ADC work. I have stayed busy enough since March. I farm full time, and am doing this on the side.

I am full of questions, needless to say, and I think I have found the appropriate place to ask them. We have a great population of red fox in this area. I am on the eastern shore of MD, in a very rural, farmland area. Throughout this rural area, though, are developments. I get calls about raccoon, skunks, fox etc. in these developments about twice a week on average. The skunks, raccoon, and squirrels are being picked up in live traps easily. However, I am having a hard time getting the fox in these developments. I am trying live traps with dirt in the bottom and having some success, but I would like to know how you guys handle suburban fox problems. (Without using footholds.)

Thanks Guys. - John

Re: Suburban Fox Trapping [Re: JoMiBru] #3352498
10/04/12 08:38 AM
10/04/12 08:38 AM
Portsmouth Va.
A
aprophet Offline
trapper
aprophet  Offline
trapper
A

Portsmouth Va.
I use foot holds I have a lot of marsh to "hide" a fox in Mark June has a book /vid that deals with this very thing if you watch read it you will not be able to use everything verbatim you will have to incorporate various idea into your particular situation if you are intent on doing it with cages get used to pre baiting and letting their confidence build here where I am we have folks feeding the foxes and coon and stray feral cats the biggest problem then is finding out what brand of hotdogs they are using the rest is easy peasy

I TRAP PETA'S FRONT PORCH

Re: Suburban Fox Trapping [Re: JoMiBru] #3352530
10/04/12 09:06 AM
10/04/12 09:06 AM
Monroeville NJ
J
Jonesie Offline
trapper
Jonesie  Offline
trapper
J

Monroeville NJ
I would use the fox size collurum in the open areas or snares in the thick stuff. here in jersey our snares have to be non lethal body snares(as non lethal as can be) most of our catches are alive. I also love the belisle foot snare.

I don't know if your sec of eastern shore you can use snares. I am about 1.5 hours from ya.

Ron Jones
http://www.acpwildlifepro.net/
Rednecks Pride Game Calls / Outdoor Scents
Rednecks Pride Outdoors podcast
Friend me on FaceBook
Re: Suburban Fox Trapping [Re: Jonesie] #3352651
10/04/12 10:41 AM
10/04/12 10:41 AM
Chocowinity, NC
Phil Nichols Offline
trapper
Phil Nichols  Offline
trapper

Chocowinity, NC
Generlly the fox calls we get are in late spring when they den under a deck or shed. We don't sell fox trapping - we sell eviction and exclusion. Much more money and a lot easier.

Re: Suburban Fox Trapping [Re: JoMiBru] #3354012
10/04/12 11:45 PM
10/04/12 11:45 PM
California
B
Baxter Offline
trapper
Baxter  Offline
trapper
B

California
I've had success with Ogormans long or govt call on the pan with card board on the wire. Also positive sets whe n they are under something. Calling works to nail down their location.

Aaron

Re: Suburban Fox Trapping [Re: JoMiBru] #3355561
10/06/12 02:08 AM
10/06/12 02:08 AM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan