ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Squirrel trapping in urban backyards [Re: Bobcat Mike] #3366543
10/13/12 04:54 AM
10/13/12 04:54 AM
Dudley NC
M
Muddawg Offline
trapper
Muddawg  Offline
trapper
M

Dudley NC
It actually goes further than bird feeders here. Any food stuffs placed for the sole purpose of attracting wild life is off limits for depredation control. The reasoning behind it is that if you so choose to feed wildlife, you can't choose the wildlife that dines there.

I can't legally do anything for squirrels stealing bird feed, coons robbing deers corn piles or possums eating honey buns set out to feed the bears. Fact is that feeding bears will get you a ticket right by itself.

We can't even field dress a deer here with out running the danger of getting a ticket for littering!

We've still got some pretty screwed up laws where wildlife is concerned. But we're working on them.

Muddawg
Re: Squirrel trapping in urban backyards [Re: Bobcat Mike] #3366580
10/13/12 06:48 AM
10/13/12 06:48 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
That's the main reason I won't take those kind of jobs. I tend to agree that if your dumb enough to lay out a sqirrel buffet then deal with it. I'd rather work with a client that can see reason when I explain they they have created the problem and are willing to change their ways so I don't keep getting call backs.
The exception would be gardeners or orchard owners. To me that's right up my alley as a gardener and I see it more as protecting an investment.

[Linked Image]
Re: Squirrel trapping in urban backyards [Re: Bobcat Mike] #3369809
10/15/12 08:21 AM
10/15/12 08:21 AM
Oregon
T
Tsarevna Offline
"Gerty"
Tsarevna  Offline
"Gerty"
T

Oregon
x2 on pecans

I caught my nemesis squirrel in a cage trap by throwing in a pecan pie in it that went bad. It's squirrel crack. smile

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread