ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3415724
11/10/12 09:27 AM
11/10/12 09:27 AM
Waterford, WI
N
Nathan Krause Offline
trapper
Nathan Krause  Offline
trapper
N

Waterford, WI
I did my time which included three years away from my family between 2 tours in Iraq and 1 in Korea. My wife is the one who decided it was time for a normal life and we left the military. I was away for some very important things in our life and I will never get those things back.

So if my payment for my service to my Country is some money for college and some medical benefits I am going to use it. I will also go enjoy my free dinner Monday night at Chili's like we do every year.

I could be totally wrong (I doubt it) but it sounds like Wiggler would rather see the people in this society who "choose" not work, they sit home collect welfare, use housing assistance, child care assistance, and government provided health care be entightled to these benefits than service members who actually put something on the line for this Country.

Every service member no matter how long they served will have a condition from serving. Some of us are luckier than others. While I only have moderate memory loss and the inability to sleep I know others who are far worse off than I am. These conditions do not just have to come from combat.

Lets use some common sense (not very common at all) and take care of those who put there lives on hold to serve this nation, regardless if it was in combat or on the home front.

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: On a Call] #3415731
11/10/12 09:35 AM
11/10/12 09:35 AM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: On a Call
Well said, " Freedom is never Free ". Heard that many times but when said by one who paid a price, it has weight.

Nate and Big Bob thank you for your service. Critterman please thank your son for us.

Everyone who lost their lives for Freedom paid the biggest price. Those who served in Vietnam, WW II, The Cold War, Iraq, Afghanistan and all of our wars have all paid the price . Each of them did what there country asked of them.

Many more will die this weekend and this next week in lands far away from here. It has been that way since cavemen began throwing stones and then spears at each other. War will never go out of fashion.

Patriotism is not an arm chair sport Wiggler. Those who have served our nations armed forces deserve each and everyone of their benefits.

Have you ever put ID tags on your friends toe, zippered him up in a body bag and said goodbye? Did it three times before I was 20 and they were just training & movement accidents. Body bags was part of the job as the medic or corpsman. I attended too many memorial services in my 16+ years of service to ever want to count them. I still go to them.

Tomorrow is Veterans' Day make a point to remember those who who gave you the Freedom to vote this last week.

Quote:
When I die my family will hear taps, be given a folded flag that was on my casket and bury me in a National Cemetery. I plan to spend my time for eternity in the company of a very special brotherhood.

Any of you arm chair patriots want to take that burial right away from me too.

Freedom is never Free

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: Nathan Krause] #3415804
11/10/12 10:51 AM
11/10/12 10:51 AM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline OP
trapper
BigBob  Offline OP
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Originally Posted By: Trapping By Nate
2 tours in Iraq and (1 in Korea)

Parts of Korea, especially along the DMZ, are now considered an Agent Orange zone. You might consider going to a VAMC for an Agent Orange review.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3415925
11/10/12 12:50 PM
11/10/12 12:50 PM
So. Indiana
R
red 1 Offline
trapper
red 1  Offline
trapper
R

So. Indiana
The average American takes their everyday freedom for granted. I would not expect anything more from the ones that have not served. Every self sacraficing man or woman who has served our country and protected our freedoms deserves our respect snd thanks. With that said, THANK YOU VETERANS. SEMPER FI

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3415933
11/10/12 01:00 PM
11/10/12 01:00 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
In 1961 we still had the draft. We were not officially engaged in any combat, so many of us joined the Federal Reserve. ( Now defunct ) We had six months of active duty and either 3 years or 5 years of active reserve meetings.

I remember one drill sergeant making fun of us for spending the least amount of time possible in His Army. One of the guys in my platoon stepped up and said, "Sergeant, you joined this army to make it your career. How would you like it if someone sent you a government letter that said 'For the next two years, you are going to be a plumber!" I am glad those days are over. Half the guys in every platoon were given a choice by the judge; either go to jail or the Army. I think a lot of these guys knew how to kill long before the Army got a hold of them.

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3415952
11/10/12 01:28 PM
11/10/12 01:28 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
In 1961 we still had the draft. We were not officially engaged in any combat, so many of us joined the Federal Reserve. ( Now defunct ) We had six months of active duty and either 3 years or 5 years of active reserve meetings.

Paul you did what your country asked of you. Paul and Red 1 Thank you for your service.

During that federal service obligation you seen the iron curtain built and Berlin locked behind it, Cuban Missile Crisis, Bay of Pigs Invasion,the President of the USA assassinated and the beginning of the draft for Vietnam.

My late uncle went in the Army in 1961 and spent all of his service obligation in Munich Germany. It was his stories serving overseas that caused me to enlist out of high school and the fact that the County Sheriff had a problem with me dating and was convinced I had carnal knowledge of his favorite niece.

I got one of those deals from a judge and it was all I needed to grow up. Too bad they don't do that anymore.

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3416269
11/10/12 05:51 PM
11/10/12 05:51 PM
West, Mi
W
wiggler Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
wiggler  Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
W

West, Mi
"Patriotism is not an arm chair sport Wiggler." patriotism also is standing up for your commander and chief and not trying to destroy him. My family also went in the services.. marines.. army... navy .. im pretty positive none of them use the Government Insurance from their service to their country. Some people need it... and they should have it. let the fireworks continue... whistle

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3416364
11/10/12 06:49 PM
11/10/12 06:49 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
wiggler, that doesn't make your family patriotic, it just makes them stupid like me. Much of my hearing loss is attributed to the loud explosions in the service, without any hearing protection. But I'm too proud ( and mainly too stupid to go and get what's coming to me; maybe that will change )

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: wiggler] #3416479
11/10/12 07:52 PM
11/10/12 07:52 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: wiggler
"Patriotism is not an arm chair sport Wiggler." patriotism also is standing up for your commander and chief and not trying to destroy him. My family also went in the services.. marines.. army... navy .. im pretty positive none of them use the Government Insurance from their service to their country. Some people need it... and they should have it. let the fireworks continue... whistle

You make it a sound like it is a crime for veterans to use their benefits. Your relatives have the right to do something you don't - period! Personally I bet your relatives take the VA Enrollment over a chance of health care being dropped into the Obama Care bucket. They earned that RIGHT !!

VA Medical care is first of all it is a VA BENEFIT - and its not free. We have co-pays just like other medical plans.

I find it is very ironic that the D's helped pass a law that affected you - the liberal and not me - the conservative.

The increased taxes you and I will be paying will continue to anger you.

Get used to it Al.

Enough of this philosophy - the law of the land says....

You never served. Your not entitled to nothing nada. Got it.

You want to do something patriotic for your commander in chief go ahead & buy Sandra Fluke some contraceptives before this country goes broke keeping that woman in stock!

Enjoy your arm chair and as a businessmen enjoy your new obamacare tax!!

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3416522
11/10/12 08:14 PM
11/10/12 08:14 PM
West, Mi
W
wiggler Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
wiggler  Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
W

West, Mi
man.. i really glad we had an adult conversation.. glad you could be a man about it.. i never had to have health insurance I EARNED IT AND WORKED FOR IT~!!!!

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3416530
11/10/12 08:15 PM
11/10/12 08:15 PM
West, Mi
W
wiggler Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
wiggler  Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
W

West, Mi
you have no idea who or what i am... your just pee'd because... well ... no sense dragging it up.. now just pay... like the rest of us....

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3416533
11/10/12 08:16 PM
11/10/12 08:16 PM
West, Mi
W
wiggler Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
wiggler  Offline
"Skunk Wrangler"
W

West, Mi
ATTACK!! ATTACK!! WHEN CORNERED ATTACK!!! there is no surprise here.

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3416556
11/10/12 08:24 PM
11/10/12 08:24 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

C'mon Al I know you. I have been watching you bang your head into your keyboard on here for like 6 years now.

I even seen your video . Enjoy the new middle class taxes.

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3416566
11/10/12 08:28 PM
11/10/12 08:28 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/29/Seven-new-taxes

...and the third to last paragraph explains why stocks are headed down until yearend.

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: wiggler] #3416607
11/10/12 08:46 PM
11/10/12 08:46 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: wiggler
I EARNED IT AND WORKED FOR IT~!!!!

Some of us earned it it by paying an even bigger price.

They sell postcards at the VA hospital would it make you feel better if I sent you some to let you know when I am spending your hard earned dollars.

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: ] #3416636
11/10/12 08:55 PM
11/10/12 08:55 PM
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted By: DaveK
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/06/29/Seven-new-taxes

...and the third to last paragraph explains why stocks are headed down until year end.

$250,000 and more, beginning in 2013, will raise the Capital Gains Tax from 15% to 23.8% on investment income for these households and will raise Taxes on Dividends from 15% to 43.4% for the same households. Aside from the impact on retired citizens dependent on dividends, this provision will pull income from the private economy.

This is gonna kill stock market

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3416677
11/10/12 09:07 PM
11/10/12 09:07 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Ya think!?! The selling already started...

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3416924
11/10/12 10:38 PM
11/10/12 10:38 PM
Waterford, WI
N
Nathan Krause Offline
trapper
Nathan Krause  Offline
trapper
N

Waterford, WI
Originally Posted By: BigBob
Originally Posted By: Trapping By Nate
2 tours in Iraq and (1 in Korea)

Parts of Korea, especially along the DMZ, are now considered an Agent Orange zone. You might consider going to a VAMC for an Agent Orange review.

Thanks BibBob. I was right along the DMZ. We were unfortunate enough to wake up each day to a North Korean Flag and propoganda music coming from the North Korean base on the other side the hill from us.

Definately worth getting checked out.

Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3417319
11/11/12 08:03 AM
11/11/12 08:03 AM
Western New York
C
Critterman Offline
trapper
Critterman  Offline
trapper
C

Western New York
well, the thing about the President getting re-elected, man did he inherit a mess ... The way things have seemingly gone down hill, I dont know how much we are going to have to worry about Obama care ... we might be fighting just to feed our families

We all have money and time invested in our businesses.. we all have some type of dependency of the income it brings in ...

If that income stream stopped today would you be able to survive? I would have to say no ..I mean I could for a while but not for long ... 6 months tops After that I am living on love ...

No matter what- we all need a back up plan if things do collapes ... Then Obama care is kind of a mute point ... survival is first and formost

but till then if you are as concerned as I am, You have to get ahold of your state and find out more about it ...there has to be some kind of educational seminar on what is expected I hope

it is as it is... nothing more... nothing less
Re: Obamacare avoidance [Re: BigBob] #3417341
11/11/12 08:34 AM
11/11/12 08:34 AM
E. Iowa
H
hvtrapper Offline
trapper
hvtrapper  Offline
trapper
H

E. Iowa
Thanks to all of you vets today on Veteran's Day and all of the other days every year.
You've EARNED your benefits.
I didn't serve after the Viet Nam era draft missed me and regret it to this day.
My oldest son serves in the Air force and has 10 deployments under his belt, all in or near places with "stan" in their names
Another son (inlaw) has spent 16 years in the Army. Currently a JAG lawyer in GA, he met the elephant in Iraq.
I could not be prouder of both of them!

Tom Walters
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread