ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
your own website #3423312
11/14/12 12:49 AM
11/14/12 12:49 AM
the vally oregon
B
bluedogs Offline OP
trapper
bluedogs  Offline OP
trapper
B

the vally oregon
for you guys that have your own websites did it cost alot to make or did you do it your selfs i have been thinking about gettting one to help get more calls just wasnt sure if it was worth it and if it was exspensive.

Re: your own website [Re: bluedogs] #3423566
11/14/12 08:30 AM
11/14/12 08:30 AM
Finger Lakes Region, NY
Nic Pallo Offline
trapper
Nic Pallo  Offline
trapper

Finger Lakes Region, NY
Originally Posted By: bluedogs
just wasnt sure if it was worth it and if it was exspensive.

The web is my main source of new customers. First few calls you get will clear the costs...
Talk to Robb Russel on here, he can get you going in no time!

Re: your own website [Re: bluedogs] #3424560
11/14/12 08:08 PM
11/14/12 08:08 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Blue dogs, where in the "valley" are you out there?

If you are in the willamette and are trying to market yourself I would definitely get online! We lived there 2005-2008 and almost decided to open shop there but ended up opting to move to the desert. Beautiful country there, the NW is full of folks plugged in and online searching for services. I would definitely visit with Robb and also just in general make the decision to get at least a basic website up that is well optimized for what you do.

That basically just means setup so folks find you in your market area for what you are selling, but there is a good bit that goes into that.

I'll pm you as well with some thoughts on your local area so look in your mailbox in the next few.

Living there for several years I definitely saw some nice sized gaps in things that could make a motivated wildlife control guy a nice living.

Back to topic though, do the website! Definitely!

Justin

Re: your own website [Re: bluedogs] #3424643
11/14/12 08:39 PM
11/14/12 08:39 PM
SW Missouri
M
Mike K. Offline
trapper
Mike K.  Offline
trapper
M

SW Missouri
Did my own standard and mobile website to maintain full control via www.networksolutions.com

Re: your own website [Re: bluedogs] #3424659
11/14/12 08:44 PM
11/14/12 08:44 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Bluedogs

For less then then forty eight dollars you can buy a domain for one year and get one years hosting and own it.Mobile websites are nowe included with website.

I know because I have had that price for most of the last two years .

What makes a web site is content and the more content the better, give visitors a reason to come back and recommend your web site. The popularity of a web site is very important so the more information you can provide the better.

Google likes content and when I say content I mean the written words not the pictures. When you use pictures take the time to properly label them and if you want business to remove raccoons near Portland OR [for example] make sure those words raccoon remve Portland OR is on that page. I recommend that you use many action verbs that a potential customer and all of the possible descriptions around here we have "sandy mounders" but other folks call em salamanders and believe it or not they are asking me if I can catch the Eastern Pocket Gopher. The pocket gopher got its local name because it digs sandy mounds and the word salamander I guess is just a local thing. My point is your site needs to be optimized with every critter, action verb and yes local slang.

The second thing you would need to do is localize your web site. Portland is in Multnomah County so the county is pretty important if they are looking for someone who removes mountain beaver near Multnomah County. Cities like Bridal Veil, Corbett, Fairview, Gresham, and Troutdale are in Multnomah County so plan on including all cities of any real size for every county you service.

PM me your web site and let me see what you have. The days of building it and watching the phone ring gets harder every day and right now 3-6 mos is a good range to expect your content to be crawled by internet spiders and indexed so right now the work you do now may take until Apr for all to sing on a virgin web site . Three years ago it was like 5 days.

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: your own website [Re: bluedogs] #3424770
11/14/12 09:21 PM
11/14/12 09:21 PM
SW Missouri
M
Mike K. Offline
trapper
Mike K.  Offline
trapper
M

SW Missouri
As Robb said -GOOD CONTENT and make sure the content is relevant to the search. You need headers/titles for each page and all terms or words that are relevant to the search should be in bold. Webcrawlers do not read every word on your website but they will detect and index the above. The content needs to be both informative and interesting to the reader and pay close attention to spelling as well. Also, as Robb mentioned, it will take at least 3 months to start showing up and you may have to manually submit it to Bing and Yahoo. Psssst...Consider calling Robb if you don't want to do it yourself. (This was an attempt at a subliminal message) ;-)

Re: your own website [Re: bluedogs] #3424833
11/14/12 09:39 PM
11/14/12 09:39 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

The more people think alike....the harder it will get.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread