ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Crazy Stuff....Again #3514902
12/27/12 04:24 PM
12/27/12 04:24 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Do any of you watch any of the outdoors channels? Here's a typical set-up; seven guys, elbow to elbow in a duck blind with exactly 3,417 decoys bobbing, fluttering, or swimming around in circles. All of a sudden a green wing teal, about the size of a large humming bird comes sailing into the decoys. Seven guns go off three times each and the teal finally dies of a heart attack. At this point the star of the show will always say, "Wow, that was certainly some great shooting, fellas!"

And if you look at the listings, they are always hunting for trophies. No matter if they're shooting crows, pigeons, mourning doves, they are always after trophies. In a forth coming episode, we are going into downtown New York City into a store that sells trophies, plaques, and medals. We will creep along the aisles and around the counters in search of the rarest species of them all; a trophy trophy.

I think one of my favorites is snow goose hunting. At the end of the show you see a handful of hunters and 147 snow geese all layed out in perfect rows and then the guy doing commentating will say, "Well guys time to fire up the old BBQ smoker. Oh, Yeah."

Re: Crazy Stuff....Again [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3515054
12/27/12 05:55 PM
12/27/12 05:55 PM
Moses Lake, Wash.
pnwmtnmn Offline
trapper
pnwmtnmn  Offline
trapper

Moses Lake, Wash.
No I don't.

formerly KIP now back to pnwmtnmn

Remember ... Four boxes keep us free: The Soap Box, The Ballot Box, The Jury Box, and The Cartridge Box.
Re: Crazy Stuff....Again [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3515531
12/27/12 09:04 PM
12/27/12 09:04 PM
rhode island
R
ritrapper Offline
trapper
ritrapper  Offline
trapper
R

rhode island
I really cant watch those programs too often just because there arent too many of them that are "real" hunting. I really like when a guy is in a tree stand for an hour and 10 bucks walk by him, each one bigger than the other but he wont shoot because they're too small. The spike I shot this season tasted great.Thats real hunting!

Steve Rouleau
New England Wildlife

http://newildlifesolutions.com/
401-330-8168

Re: Crazy Stuff....Again [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3515999
12/28/12 12:06 AM
12/28/12 12:06 AM
mequon, wisconsin
P
trapper
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Steve, I guess it just amazes me that a species is eating itself out of house and home and the North American wildlife experts are actually allowing electronic calls, no closed seasons, guns with extensions, and just about anything else that will bring the snow goose under control. Common sense may not be dead after all.

Re: Crazy Stuff....Again [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3517294
12/28/12 05:14 PM
12/28/12 05:14 PM
1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
M
Mike Flick Offline
trapper
Mike Flick  Offline
trapper
M

1st civ. Div. Wood County Wi.
I never ate a snow goose, but my friends in Mississippi tell me that they taste like a grease ball. Lots of better eating out there, which is maybe the reasion there are so many of them.

Re: Crazy Stuff....Again [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3517672
12/28/12 07:59 PM
12/28/12 07:59 PM
Indianapolis, IN
P
ProLine Offline
trapper
ProLine  Offline
trapper
P

Indianapolis, IN
Paul,
Don't be fooled. If it was common sense driving the regulation changes they would have happened before the damage was done to the nesting grounds. Thou changes and liberal regulations are an attempt at catching up, not an example of common sense management.

Re: Crazy Stuff....Again [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3524690
12/31/12 05:46 PM
12/31/12 05:46 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
trapper
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Hey Tim, I'm not fooled, just amazed. If this would have happened in Wisconsin, they would have hired extra wardens to kill all the birds that they felt were necessary to bring the population back into control. No hunters would have been consulted about it and yet hunters would have paid for every hour spent shooting, every shell discharged, and every gallon of gas for every mile driven. Obviously a mistake was made, but a least, so far, the solution isn't worse than the mistake.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread