ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3574209
01/20/13 08:11 PM
01/20/13 08:11 PM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
Thanks Nate.

Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: ] #3575643
01/21/13 10:10 AM
01/21/13 10:10 AM
Central IA
B
badger Offline
trapper
badger  Offline
trapper
B

Central IA
Originally Posted By: Rick Federation
Alan please look into the shipping cost I promise you your shipping calculator is costing you money. We order stuff from your company only when we can not find that same product someplace else and the only reason is the outrageous shipping charges. Your company has lots of cool stuff I want to try out and your shipping turn around time is as fast or faster then any, your reps that answer the phone are as nice as can be but when we put an order online which is most convenient we do not hit the send button because of the shipping prices. We have put our orders in with several different venders and the combined shipping from several of your competitors was still cheaper then your combined one order shipping. Please, Please look into this because many of us would rather deal with one stop shopping at your location and get it done and I am sure many others feel the same way and many do not for one reason and one reason only.....OVER PRICED SHIPPING COSTS. Please keep us posted on your findings.

x2

Gather Ye Rosebuds While Ye May
Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3576125
01/21/13 01:56 PM
01/21/13 01:56 PM
kent county, MI
B
bluebill Offline
trapper
bluebill  Offline
trapper
B

kent county, MI
I switched to buying Contract blox from WCS to Pest Strong. They are a couple dollars cheaper per 18lb pail plus the shipping is free. I still buy a fair amount of other things from WCS but the shipping can be a shock. Somethimes I have put the order in and they have adjusted it later.

Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: ] #3576305
01/21/13 03:08 PM
01/21/13 03:08 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline OP
trapper
Barehunter  Offline OP
trapper
B

Georgia
Originally Posted By: Rick Federation
Alan please look into the shipping cost I promise you your shipping calculator is costing you money. We order stuff from your company only when we can not find that same product someplace else and the only reason is the outrageous shipping charges. Your company has lots of cool stuff I want to try out and your shipping turn around time is as fast or faster then any, your reps that answer the phone are as nice as can be but when we put an order online which is most convenient we do not hit the send button because of the shipping prices. We have put our orders in with several different venders and the combined shipping from several of your competitors was still cheaper then your combined one order shipping. Please, Please look into this because many of us would rather deal with one stop shopping at your location and get it done and I am sure many others feel the same way and many do not for one reason and one reason only.....OVER PRICED SHIPPING COSTS. Please keep us posted on your findings.

Well said Rick. My sentiments exactly. In a couple of weeks I will be posting the results of my attempt to place the same order to see if the shipping costs change.

Last edited by Barehunter; 01/21/13 03:09 PM.
Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3576528
01/21/13 04:40 PM
01/21/13 04:40 PM
CT
ctnwco860 Offline
trapper
ctnwco860  Offline
trapper

CT
TO ALL....I hear you loud & clear on the SHIPPING issue. We're working on it and it WILL be addressed. Sgs call me on Tues !!

Alan A. Huot
WCS

P.O. Box 538
East Granby, CT 06026
ctnwco860@gmail.com
www.wildlifecontrolsupplies.com

Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3579658
01/22/13 06:12 PM
01/22/13 06:12 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline OP
trapper
Barehunter  Offline OP
trapper
B

Georgia
UPDATE: Today I typed my same order in again and this time shipping came up as $15.86! Thanks to Alan and company for quickly dealing with this matter. Hopefully shipping will remain reasonable in the future. This should be good for WCS and the rest of us as well. Later tonight I'm gonna work up another order and will decline to use the $25 discount.

Last edited by Barehunter; 01/22/13 11:22 PM.
Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3580438
01/22/13 09:39 PM
01/22/13 09:39 PM
Six Mile, SC
cannonx4 Offline
trapper
cannonx4  Offline
trapper

Six Mile, SC
That's a stand up guy right there, he heard the problem and took care of it. Allan you will be seeing a order from me soon.

Upstate Varmint & Predator Control
Ronnie Cannon
Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3580853
01/22/13 11:02 PM
01/22/13 11:02 PM
Georgia
B
Barehunter Offline OP
trapper
Barehunter  Offline OP
trapper
B

Georgia
Oh my... I went to place an order tonight and the same stuff that was $40 shipping which I was told via email that should have been $17.85 had become $15.86 online this afternoon is now $29.53. I think I will hold off a while. This is like playing the stock market!

Last edited by Barehunter; 01/22/13 11:23 PM.
Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3581572
01/23/13 09:16 AM
01/23/13 09:16 AM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Barehunter he is gonna need some time to iron this out.

Its the software !!

CALL YOUR ORDER IN FOR NOW DON'T BASH THEM.

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3581656
01/23/13 10:04 AM
01/23/13 10:04 AM
rhode island
R
ritrapper Offline
trapper
ritrapper  Offline
trapper
R

rhode island
I think we all fall into this trap nowadays(myself included).In the age of texting,internet ordering and instant gratification.people find it easier to not talk to anyone.Even with all this great technology there are always going to be glitches.It is always better to talk to someone in person to get things resolved!

Last edited by ritrapper; 01/23/13 10:05 AM.

Steve Rouleau
New England Wildlife

http://newildlifesolutions.com/
401-330-8168

Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3581760
01/23/13 10:53 AM
01/23/13 10:53 AM
Waterford, WI
N
Nathan Krause Offline
trapper
Nathan Krause  Offline
trapper
N

Waterford, WI
Go to any store website and read the reviews and they will be half saying how great the product is and the other half saying how crappy it is.

I am almost positive that none of the negative reviewers called the company to complain, they just took it to the masses. That is what we do in this society.

If we eat at a restaurant and it wasn't a good experience we don't complain to the owner we just tell all our friends don't go there.

Every single one of us has done this at one point or another so for anyone to bash the original poster is silly.

We all like Alan and at one point or another we have all ordered from him. Every time I have ordered through the website I thought the shipping was high but I never even considered it was a glitch, I just assumed that is what he was charging.

He came on here and said give him some time to fix the issue and I will happily do that. He mentioned that we are all more than welcome to call the store and place a phone order to get accurate shipping. I know how much of a pain figuring out shipping can be and none of the carriers make it easy.

Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3581818
01/23/13 11:16 AM
01/23/13 11:16 AM
Central Ohio
Dirk Shearer Offline
trapper
Dirk Shearer  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
Gentlemen,

I have ordered from WCS for years. If you order online, the software calculates each individual item as a separate order and calculates shipping based on that (I think). I have never been charged the itemized shipping unless I only ordered one item.

I believe they must have had a malfunction or simply overlooked adjusting your shipping to reflect the actual cost of sending your items out. If you do not trust the system to get it right, place your order by phone. As most of you know I am technologically challenged, I have ordered a couple times online, but I usually browse online and call to place my order. I have never had to wait or got a busy signal either.

I would have to say that WCS has good products, good people, and good service and will not hesitate to keep sending my business to them if they have what I want at the price I am willing to pay.

Dirk E. Shearer, President
The Wildlife Control Company, Inc.
"Cause if you won't put your real name on it, you probably shouldn't hit send"
Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Dirk Shearer] #3581926
01/23/13 12:04 PM
01/23/13 12:04 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted By: Dirk Shearer
Gentlemen,
I usually browse online and call to place my order. I have never had to wait or got a busy signal either.

Same here, it's always been obvious to me the the website has some sort of automated calculator doesn't take into account what will fit in a box.

Originally Posted By: Dirk Shearer

I would have to say that WCS has good products, good people, and good service and will not hesitate to keep sending my business to them if they have what I want at the price I am willing to pay.

X200

[Linked Image]
Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3583446
01/23/13 09:42 PM
01/23/13 09:42 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Alan Huot's company has been first rate for us and we spend more money there each year. And I'm not just saying this because I want something in return. ( But I probably wouldn't turn anything down, either )

Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: ctnwco860] #3583464
01/23/13 09:48 PM
01/23/13 09:48 PM
Nashville, Tennessee
J
John Pearson Offline
trapper
John Pearson  Offline
trapper
J

Nashville, Tennessee
I have ordered from Alan and Carol for many years, and my experience has been that the shipping costs that shows up when I place the order online are almost always reduced when the actual order is charged on my card.
As someone previously posted, their software calculates the shipping cost per item but if WCS can nest items inside other items the shipping costs are reduced, which is reflected in the final total to me.
That's just my .02 but their customer service has always been exceptional.

John
Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: John Pearson] #3583797
01/23/13 11:16 PM
01/23/13 11:16 PM
Frankfort, Ky. USA
T
trapperpaw Offline
trapper
trapperpaw  Offline
trapper
T

Frankfort, Ky. USA
What I like about this thread is I can shut my eyes and see Alan's face reading this. He does well by selling good products at good prices and I'm sure the shipping is calculated by a computer and the money went to the shipper and he never noticed it. He will fix it now that he is on to it and he will probably give us all something free for helping him find this glitch;-)

Sleep'n with an animal..I can help.
Do not use both feet when testing the depth or temperature of the water
Your Friend,
Paul Brooker
Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3588033
01/25/13 01:46 PM
01/25/13 01:46 PM
Tipton, IN
T
Travis Wolford Offline
trapper
Travis Wolford  Offline
trapper
T

Tipton, IN
You will not find a better group than Allan and Carrol have at WCS, they do a fantastic job and I always recomend them to anyone who asks. When it comes to all this computer ordering BS and then complaining about it on here, there is simply no need. A simple telephone call can solve most any problem. In this world of email and texting and what not everyone has forgot how to actually talk to people. In a customer service type of buisness like this everyone should keep this in mind. Its convienent to use technology but people want a person to talk to, by solving your own problems in person it will help you in your buisness. Call it practice, im not saying I have all the answers but give it a try. I would rather drive to someones house and talk in person, second is a phone call and lastly text and email but only in a pinch.

it is not a stupid question if you do not know the answer
Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3588055
01/25/13 01:54 PM
01/25/13 01:54 PM
Colorado
P
ProFox Offline
trapper
ProFox  Offline
trapper
P

Colorado
I just ordered 10 safeguard squirrel traps and The prices were very competitive with the other vendors. I am appreciative of this thread for addressing a concern I've had for a long time. I don't think anyone was bashing anyone. Someone voiced a concern and it was addressed appropriately. Thanks WCS for your great service and dedication to your customers!

Jake Trujillo
Golden, CO

Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Travis Wolford] #3588073
01/25/13 02:01 PM
01/25/13 02:01 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
I'll have to echo the others on the positive end. While for balancing books we'd prefer to see accurate shipping immediately on the
online order, these folks have done great things in getting us our orders in a timely fashion and carrying all the things we need.
Whenever I've been in a bind on needing something I should've ordered 2 weeks ago for a job tomorrow they have helped me out when
I've called to ask for it.

Having recently dealt with shipping calculators and plug-ins for websites I can tell you they aren't all as simple as folks think. Just to ship
a few small items with our non profit website we had to do a ton of work with a programmer to get it to work properly for all types of shipping
options.

As was stated, folks don't make money on shipping, so the only people profiting were those being paid to ship (usps, fedex, ups, etc...).

I would also add as was stated these folks strive to nest things into the least amount of boxes possible to save you on adding more boxes with
linear feet that will cost you to ship more!

While everyone loves fast shipping and here in NM I wish Alan's folks had an office or warehouse in CO, AZ, UT, NM or TX, I have no complaints
about their customer service, so lets all hope that after this thread has been closed, the shipping issues are understood and behind the company.

Kudos to Alan for coming on the thread and stating they are addressing it as fast as possible.

Justin

Re: WCS Shipping Cost Again [Re: Barehunter] #3642447
02/16/13 04:24 PM
02/16/13 04:24 PM
SW Missouri
M
Mike K. Offline
trapper
Mike K.  Offline
trapper
M

SW Missouri
Alan, just a heads up that the shipping calculator wasn't working when I tried to place an order today. Also, I emailed a question some time ago that remains unanswered. What is the closing range of the Ringer tool & c-rings? I found similar tools (different color)that state 3/16" closed. Looking for a snug fit with 1/2" x 1" wire to get away from j-clips. Thanks -

Last edited by METRO FS; 02/16/13 04:25 PM.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread