ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
release form? #3765033
04/17/13 06:21 PM
04/17/13 06:21 PM
SE NewMexico
jkcasey Offline OP
trapper
jkcasey  Offline OP
trapper

SE NewMexico
I was asked by a group of people to do some gopher work in their area. Till this point I've only trapped larger farms. My question is, would one of you give me some insight as to what I should have on a release form. I would hate to get in a spot if something were to take a left turn. Thanks for the help, Kiel

I'd be unstoppable, if it wasn't for law enforcement and physics.
Re: release form? [Re: jkcasey] #3765106
04/17/13 06:56 PM
04/17/13 06:56 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
Kiel - Depends on what you mean by a release form. If you are saying you'd like folks to sign off on liability regarding trapping equipment in the likelihood that someone or their dog should get into a gopher trap, that would take some legal writing and even then might not fully protect you with visiting a lawyer and spending a few bucks and hours on getting something that fits NM.

If you are talking about a contract to be sure they pay you (not what I think you mean, but just in case) many folks offer up their contracts on here, mostly through PM to folks starting out.

I'm North of you, don't use a form for p. gophers, but understand your concern. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss more local aspects, otherwise I'm sure others will chime in with some good sound info.

Liability is a concern for anyone that wants to be around 10, 20 or 30 years from now and should be everyones concern. However there are many things that can happen that folks don't anticipate, some of that is covered by insurance, others maybe not.

Can you illuminate what you concerns are a bit more? Are you worried about folks messing with equipment and getting caught, or dogs digging up traps, etc...?

Most of my gopher clients are residential, versus rural ag as you have been doing.

Justin

Re: release form? [Re: jkcasey] #3766023
04/18/13 01:55 AM
04/18/13 01:55 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
I would guess you are Baiting??????? If so your insurance company is your releases form.............

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: release form? [Re: jkcasey] #3766973
04/18/13 05:35 PM
04/18/13 05:35 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Isn't that what you have to sign when they give you back everything that was in your pocket at the time of incarceration?

Re: release form? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3768116
04/19/13 09:45 AM
04/19/13 09:45 AM
SE NewMexico
jkcasey Offline OP
trapper
jkcasey  Offline OP
trapper

SE NewMexico
Originally Posted By: Vinke
I would guess you are Baiting??????? If so your insurance company is your releases form.............
No, not useing baits, just traps.
Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
Isn't that what you have to sign when they give you back everything that was in your pocket at the time of incarceration?
Paul I wouldn't know. I have been lucky enough not to have been in that situation. Thank you guys for the replies. I believe HD has taken care of the question I had. Hope you all have a great day. Kiel

I'd be unstoppable, if it wasn't for law enforcement and physics.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread