ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: PESTT Act - Will This Help or Hurt You. [Re: Robb Russell] #3809795
05/21/13 06:44 PM
05/21/13 06:44 PM
West Virginia
The Trapster Offline
trapper
The Trapster  Offline
trapper

West Virginia
One thing that may help NWCOA get members is do something for members other than charge 250 dollars for membership and for what?? I was a proud member until I realized there was no one doing anything for me for my money that I paid every year.I can use that money and buy equipment and at least get some return on it.Just my two cents worth but may be a starting point.I dont know all the answers but do agree we need a national group

Member of NTA,WVTA Lifetime
Re: PESTT Act - Will This Help or Hurt You. [Re: Robb Russell] #3809814
05/21/13 06:58 PM
05/21/13 06:58 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Trapster represents way too many ADC people out there. I am not wealthy but if I can afford to buy first time ADC guys a free subscription to WCT, you would think a national organization could do something too.

Re: PESTT Act - Will This Help or Hurt You. [Re: Robb Russell] #3809823
05/21/13 07:08 PM
05/21/13 07:08 PM
rhode island
R
ritrapper Offline
trapper
ritrapper  Offline
trapper
R

rhode island
This is a quick email I just sent to my representative

Dear mr.Langevin, My name is steve rouleau and I am one of your constituents. I am writing you this email to urge you to get the PESTT act removed from this years farm bill.I am the owner of NE Wildlife solutions http://newildlifesolutions.com/ in R.I. If this work is to be done by usda wildlife services it would most certainly put a crunch on my business as well as others like mine in the U.S. The government should have no business doing the work that private companies are more than capable of doing. Don't we have a MAJOR unemployment problem in this country? I am asking you to please do some research on the PESTT act,and to urge other members to do the same. If you would get back to me personally I would greatly appreciate it,I understand you are a very busy man but this is very important to a lot of people. Thank You, Steven d Rouleau

Last edited by ritrapper; 05/21/13 07:10 PM.

Steve Rouleau
New England Wildlife

http://newildlifesolutions.com/
401-330-8168

Re: PESTT Act - Will This Help or Hurt You. [Re: Robb Russell] #3809849
05/21/13 07:28 PM
05/21/13 07:28 PM
West Virginia
The Trapster Offline
trapper
The Trapster  Offline
trapper

West Virginia
Paul,Im not talking about a magazine although it would be nice. grinI think they should offer some educational materials or something without having to pay extra for it.The patch that you wear around big deal anyone can have a patch made,I can use your name in my advertising that I am paying for Really???What a deal.Yes I know you get a discount on insurance from certain companys Why? I can and have bought the same amount of coverage from other companys for even less. crazyI dont mean to bash NWCOA but until they can prove to me that they are there to help me rather than just take my money Ill stand alone.Membership to the NRA for example isnt near as expensive and they lobby for our rights all the time.

Re: PESTT Act - Will This Help or Hurt You. [Re: Robb Russell] #3809877
05/21/13 07:45 PM
05/21/13 07:45 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Steve, I for one appaud you.

Re: PESTT Act - Will This Help or Hurt You. [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #3809890
05/21/13 07:50 PM
05/21/13 07:50 PM
USA
W
Wildlife2 Offline
trapper
Wildlife2  Offline
trapper
W

USA
Although far from ideal the PESTT agreement is a step forward.
To be clear the PESTT agreement is NOT the PESTT act.
The PESTT agreement is not changing the law and is not giving USDA more authority. It is putting some restrictions ( not enought in my opinion) on USDA.

It is in no way allowing USDA to do more than they are already doing now.
Please read the AGREEMENT carefully.

USDA will loose millions in revenue from this agreement ( not as much as if the PESTT ACt was put into law) but they will be forced to divert money from other programs and will be less likely to undercut us

I applaud the work of NPMA. They have done a tramendous job giving wco's a voice in Washington. They even listen to non mbers concerns!

Working everyday to protect the private sector NWCO's by decreasing the size of the federal government.

www.facebook.com/defundusdawildlifeservices
Re: PESTT Act - Will This Help or Hurt You. [Re: Robb Russell] #3809906
05/21/13 07:58 PM
05/21/13 07:58 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Thank you, Wildlife2. Since I will be watching what happens ( Because I'm always looking for a story for my column ) it is always nice to hear the whole story. Time will tell.

Re: PESTT Act - Will This Help or Hurt You. [Re: The Trapster] #3809929
05/21/13 08:16 PM
05/21/13 08:16 PM
Woodhull, Illinois 77
J
Jim Bethell Offline
trapper
Jim Bethell  Offline
trapper
J

Woodhull, Illinois 77
Originally Posted By: The Trapster
Paul,Im not talking about a magazine although it would be nice. grinI think they should offer some educational materials or something without having to pay extra for it.The patch that you wear around big deal anyone can have a patch made,I can use your name in my advertising that I am paying for Really???What a deal.Yes I know you get a discount on insurance from certain companys Why? I can and have bought the same amount of coverage from other companys for even less. crazyI dont mean to bash NWCOA but until they can prove to me that they are there to help me rather than just take my money Ill stand alone.Membership to the NRA for example isnt near as expensive and they lobby for our rights all the time.

You do not stand alone by a long shot.

Re: PESTT Act - Will This Help or Hurt You. [Re: Robb Russell] #3809953
05/21/13 08:28 PM
05/21/13 08:28 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Jim....I hear you. I had similar feelings. However, I did speak to someone on the board, and they do travel to different states to influence new laws. If they had the membership size of the NRA, then the dues would be pennies. I do think that they could do a better job communicating all the good stuff that is happening.

ADC is a tough group. Leave us alone, and we will self destruct. You can see it happening with all the fragmentation.

Re: PESTT Act - Will This Help or Hurt You. [Re: Robb Russell] #3809954
05/21/13 08:29 PM
05/21/13 08:29 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline OP
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline OP
trapper

Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Cody you already know where I stand on this even privately. Sell it to Charmin. eek

That document is not gonna help to protect the rights of private citizens like Joe The Trapper or most any private wildlife control company it is gonna be used to hurt them.. As I said it is not wine before its time.

Forget NWCOA and quoting one of theirs voices NWCOA is
Quote:
non sequitur
meaning it is very hard for me to follow exactly what they are trying to accomplish . It is impossible to even find out where they stand on any issues.

and thank you Steven Rouleau of Rhode Island .

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: PESTT Act - Will This Help or Hurt You. [Re: Robb Russell] #3809966
05/21/13 08:36 PM
05/21/13 08:36 PM
USA
W
Wildlife2 Offline
trapper
Wildlife2  Offline
trapper
W

USA
I agree That it is not going to be a big help But I disagree it will hurt.
I am glad that we are getting the pot stirred. No matter where we stand individually on the PESTT agreement.
We can all stand behind the fact that uSDA has to go!

Working everyday to protect the private sector NWCO's by decreasing the size of the federal government.

www.facebook.com/defundusdawildlifeservices
Re: PESTT Act - Will This Help or Hurt You. [Re: Robb Russell] #3809987
05/21/13 08:48 PM
05/21/13 08:48 PM
West Virginia
The Trapster Offline
trapper
The Trapster  Offline
trapper

West Virginia
Ding Ding Wildlife 2 your the winner. Unfortunatly everyone seems to think the government should take care of them and their problems Sorry Sorry state our whole country is in as an old writter in full cry magazine used to say Nuff said.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread