ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
(off topic) Anyone rent RV's - looking for advice #3811415
05/22/13 05:42 PM
05/22/13 05:42 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline OP
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline OP
trapper
H

NM
Folks,

Anyone use any RV rentals through the years? We are heading to AZ next month to present at a conference and were thinking of
making a bit of a trip out of it.

Just thought I'd ask here, if anyone has tips or reviews about any commercial online places you might have used if you did.

Thanks either way,

Justin

Re: (off topic) Anyone rent RV's - looking for advice [Re: HD_Wildlife] #3811579
05/22/13 07:15 PM
05/22/13 07:15 PM
Waterford, WI
N
Nathan Krause Offline
trapper
Nathan Krause  Offline
trapper
N

Waterford, WI
Justin I am going to give you the answer you don't want to hear.

We looked into renting one last December for our trip to California. It would of cost us $3500 to rent it for two weeks. We instead bought a travel trailer for $11,000 and it costs us less than $200 a month and it is a tax write off as a second home.

We loved having it while in California and I have already had it out twice this year with a third time coming up in two weeks when we head to Minnesota for a week.

Re: (off topic) Anyone rent RV's - looking for advice [Re: HD_Wildlife] #3811724
05/22/13 08:46 PM
05/22/13 08:46 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
I will rent you my house,,,,I will be in WA

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale,,,,,,May special,,, Act Now... Free Sock with every purchase
Re: (off topic) Anyone rent RV's - looking for advice [Re: HD_Wildlife] #3812542
05/23/13 01:19 PM
05/23/13 01:19 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline OP
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline OP
trapper
H

NM
Nate - What you said is what I'm thinking after looking, so good advice! I was thinking if Clark Griswold could load up the family how could we two childless folks not be able to afford and enjoy this.

But alas we are too cheap or lets say fiscally responsible, so won't be renting the RV. We have a sprinter van for work and with all gear out minus integral shelves and lock boxes it is a camper. Have been looking at some REI hammocks with sweet reviews.

Vinke - smile thanks for the offer! We are mostly concerned about drive over and back and taking some time off, while there in Scottsdale for the ICOET conference we are staying at the "spa." First time I can say that in my life!

Typically we stay in the hotels where everyone is selling something and I'm not talking encyclopedias. Decided we'd enjoy the actual hotel this time instead of finding something outside of town.

Someday I'm gonna buy an RV but I suppose I'll have a few more years before I can do that.

Is the house right in Phoenix Vinke?

Justin

Re: (off topic) Anyone rent RV's - looking for advice [Re: HD_Wildlife] #3821871
05/29/13 10:07 PM
05/29/13 10:07 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
We rent a 31' Sunseeker with 2 slides every Spring for at least 2 wks and up to 34 days, and have for the past 6 Springs.

The longer the rent, the less per day........the month long trip was about $110/day compared to the last 16 day trip which was $150/day.

It's too much money for us, even traveling to conventions to sell trapping gear I make, to have sitting in the yard most of the time--25 days/mo.

I like being able to stop when tired, stay free in Walmart parking lots, with truckers of course, come and go as desired, don't have to stop for potty breaks for the girls, can shower or cook while moving, etc, etc. The freedoms and conveniences a motorhome affords are great.

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread