ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Question for any termite guys here... #4046078
10/10/13 08:12 PM
10/10/13 08:12 PM
Ohio
PocketJax Offline OP
trapper
PocketJax  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio
Started looking around in my basement after getting home from bat jobs today. Noticed some mud tunnels from the foundation block work up to ground level. I know enough about them to know what mud tunnels are but don't deal with insects let alone termites. I broke one of the tunnels and several workers were in it which really sucks for me.

Anyways, to my question. You can certainly PM me if you would prefer but what are my options on treatment I can do myself (over the counter) because I would prefer not having to listen to Terminex or Orkin's sales pitches and contract talk anymore. Heck I'd rather pay one of you guys to drive here and treat them if there were any local companies near Clyde,Ohio I could work with. Maybe even barter for some perch fishing on Lake Erie this year or next on my boat.

Thanks and regards,
Jay

A & J Wildlife Control

Member OSTA

http://www.facebook.com/AandJWildlifeControl
Re: Question for any termite guys here... [Re: PocketJax] #4046212
10/10/13 09:26 PM
10/10/13 09:26 PM
North Branch MN
L
Lundy Offline
trapper
Lundy  Offline
trapper
L

North Branch MN
Look up IPCO. International Pest Controllers Organization. I think there are a couple in Ohio. Tell them I referred you. I won't get any money from it, but I will guarantee, they will treat you right. Even if you don't use me. It's a private internet group of PC operators that BS like on here. T & O are NOT allowed in IPCO. But many of us got our start with them. There are members in most if not all States and several Foreign countries. PM me if you can't find a link. I'll have my kids help me give you a link.

Re: Question for any termite guys here... [Re: PocketJax] #4046233
10/10/13 09:35 PM
10/10/13 09:35 PM
Ohio
PocketJax Offline OP
trapper
PocketJax  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio
Thank you sir, I appreciate it.
Jay

A & J Wildlife Control

Member OSTA

Re: Question for any termite guys here... [Re: PocketJax] #4046706
10/11/13 07:10 AM
10/11/13 07:10 AM
Tennessee
M
mchitwood Offline
trapper
mchitwood  Offline
trapper
M

Tennessee
Would not have my home treated with any product other than Termidor. Look it up and do your research.

Re: Question for any termite guys here... [Re: PocketJax] #4047136
10/11/13 01:11 PM
10/11/13 01:11 PM
Ohio
PocketJax Offline OP
trapper
PocketJax  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio
Ordered 4 bottles of that product today and watched several videos on proper application. Told Terminex to quit calling me also. Thanks...

A & J Wildlife Control

Member OSTA

Re: Question for any termite guys here... [Re: PocketJax] #4047609
10/11/13 06:35 PM
10/11/13 06:35 PM
Tennessee
M
mchitwood Offline
trapper
mchitwood  Offline
trapper
M

Tennessee
If you have access to a power sprayer and good hammer drill I would do a "conventional" treatment with it. I just don't trust the EPLI with spot treatments at the tubes as much as the tried and true method of application. I believe that the product still takes care of the infestation but would expect longevity to suffer.

Re: Question for any termite guys here... [Re: PocketJax] #4048407
10/12/13 08:09 AM
10/12/13 08:09 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Online content
trapper
Bob Jameson  Online Content
trapper
B

SW Pa
Two ways to go for termite treatments. Liquid injection method, drill perk,or trenching with termidor. The other is bait station installation.If you, or a close neighbor have a well, cistern, or if you have a potential for run off contamination to agricultural areas of the termiticide and that is the case then termite baiting is your only practical choice.

This is something a consumer doesnt have the training,consideration or understanding about the potential contaminating drinking water or a water course.A very costly fine and cleanup costs if it occurs as a result of your application.

I caution anyone not trained or supervised by an individual with some understaning of such pesticide use and ultimate application like a termiticide.

Use with caution of application and self protection with splash to your face,eyes and skin exposure.

Re: Question for any termite guys here... [Re: Bob Jameson] #4048555
10/12/13 10:38 AM
10/12/13 10:38 AM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Originally Posted By: Bob Jameson
Two ways to go for termite treatments. Liquid injection method, drill perk,or trenching with termidor. The other is bait station installation.If you, or a close neighbor have a well, cistern, or if you have a potential for run off contamination to agricultural areas of the termiticide and that is the case then termite baiting is your only practical choice.

This is something a consumer doesnt have the training,consideration or understanding about the potential contaminating drinking water or a water course.A very costly fine and cleanup costs if it occurs as a result of your application.

I caution anyone not trained or supervised by an individual with some understanding of such pesticide use and ultimate application like a termiticide.

Use with caution of application and self protection with splash to your face,eyes and skin exposure.

Dittos

The last company I worked we used Homeguards predatory mites http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oycj5ZLjowY and no termiticides. We used a baiting system similar to Sentricom but used the mites as a non toxic termite solution. The downside for the consumer with any termite baiting is life long commitment to regular monitoring and spot treating on a as needed basis .

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread