ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: ELECTIONS [Re: ] #4088600
11/01/13 02:33 PM
11/01/13 02:33 PM
somewhere in the middle of MT
D
DAVE SALYS-CWCP Offline OP
trapper
DAVE SALYS-CWCP  Offline OP
trapper
D

Originally Posted By: DaveK
It is probably more of a "calling"...like priests feel. That said, I would support increasing dues so that people get paid some sort of salary for their time.

Bite your tongue Dave, the last membership fee price jack was twice too much. Don't get me started.

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4088621
11/01/13 02:52 PM
11/01/13 02:52 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Listen...I am not running anytime in the next decade. We really need to pay these folks a similar rate as if you outsourced the job (which we may want to do someday). Winkie has a point...why would anyone operating a sucessful business do it? Why not pay someone in the industry that has the passion...and may need the money? That would be a win win.

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4088942
11/01/13 06:17 PM
11/01/13 06:17 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Hey Everybody Look, Dave K is the only one with a viable solution and I'm embarrassed that I or some other member didn't think of it first.

The only way NWCOA will ever be run to the satisfaction of the majority of us, ( And I really don't care which side you are on ) is if we pay outside ( or even inside ) people to make the hard calls without regard to anything but the good of the organization.

Just in case you haven't noticed, by-laws have made it nearly impossible for anyone that used to be a NWCOA representative, to run for office today. To put in words we can all understand, If I wanted to run for the office of NWCOA president, I would have had to agree to everything they stood for and been a member in good standing for the past two years.

Or in other words, I would have had to give up my membership in the GOP and become a Democrat two years ago and then getting my name on the ballot would still be their call. A Democracy NWCOA isn't!!!

P.S. I would love to be proven wrong and my apology is only a heartbeat away.

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4089018
11/01/13 06:42 PM
11/01/13 06:42 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Now, Paul...that just is not true. You do need to be a member for 2 years. To put this into better terms people can understand: A incumbent (current) president can not serve more than 2 consecutive (back to back) terms, unless unopposed. They could serve every other term!

That said, all past Presidents can pay dues for two years and run! Frankly, it might not be too late to pay for 2013 and 2014 at this point....

If you plan on complaining the next few years, I urge you to run. If there was someone that meets the requirements and was denied the opportunity to run, please speak up.

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4089054
11/01/13 06:55 PM
11/01/13 06:55 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Okay, I'm confused. ( Which seems to be the norm lately ) So what part is not true? ( Since I agree with everything you said ) And I don't mean to start an argument but isn't there something about the sitting board deciding if you were a worthy candidate and deserved to be put on the ballot? ( I believe that this is meant to keep out candidates like serial killers, Hillary, the head of HSUS, and me )

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4089066
11/01/13 07:03 PM
11/01/13 07:03 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
If voices want to be heard, become a member....

Bud's Nuisance Wildlife Removal LLC
www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4089133
11/01/13 07:33 PM
11/01/13 07:33 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Paul - the bylaws that Robb posted on previous page state that you have to be a member in good standing. This means that you paid your dues. It has nothing to do with popularity with the board. You could run, if you join for 2 years. You could even have an opinion...

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4089250
11/01/13 08:25 PM
11/01/13 08:25 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
So what you are saying is that as long as I'm a two year member in good standing, I can run for office even if I'm a protectionist?

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4089257
11/01/13 08:30 PM
11/01/13 08:30 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Yup. That is step one. Step twp is winning the vote of the majority of members.....or run for uncontested position.

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4090523
11/02/13 04:30 PM
11/02/13 04:30 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Dave, that's what has me bothered; all positions are uncontested. ( Which is why I made that post about approval from the board )

I'm not looking for trouble, just someone from NWCOA agreeing to your posts. ( I promise I'll keep my mouth shut if you're right )

P.S. I don't know which is worse; the not knowing by me or the not caring by everybody else.

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4090922
11/02/13 09:19 PM
11/02/13 09:19 PM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

It's the latter...not caring by everybody else. If any member was denied an opportunity to run....now is the time to speak up. Otherwise, for the next term, I (for one) don't want to hear any complaining.

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4092620
11/03/13 09:16 PM
11/03/13 09:16 PM
Redwood City,California
S
SteveAlbano Offline
trapper
SteveAlbano  Offline
trapper
S

Redwood City,California
For what it's worth, I have worked with everyone on the ballot, and have no reservations about any of them. In my view there should be no question about the competence or integrity of these candidates. They are all good people and should be applauded for donating their time for the betterment of the industry.
NWCOA isn't perfect, however that's not the fault of the people who are participating, it's the fault of the people who aren't participating.

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: SteveAlbano] #4092743
11/03/13 09:59 PM
11/03/13 09:59 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
Originally Posted By: SteveAlban
For what it's worth, I have worked with everyone on the ballot, and have no reservations about any of them. In my view there should be no question about the competence or integrity of these candidates. They are all good people and should be applauded for donating their time for the betterment of the industry.
NWCOA isn't perfect, however that's not the fault of the people who are participating, it's the fault of the people who aren't participating.

Steve for president

Bud's Nuisance Wildlife Removal LLC
www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4093369
11/04/13 09:20 AM
11/04/13 09:20 AM
Central Ohio
Dirk Shearer Offline
trapper
Dirk Shearer  Offline
trapper

Central Ohio
First I need to commend the officers of NWCOA for the hours and hours of time that is involved. Regardless of my opinion of some of the positions taken, I know it takes a great deal of time to address some of the issues that have arisen over the past several years.

For those of you who do not know. NWCOA is under contract with an organization to handle the day to day operations of the organization. Exactly what their responsibilities and duties are, I don't know. I would venture to guess they are recruitment and member retention, along with some fiscal responsibilities.

I am happy to see that Eric, from WCT Group has been retained as a presenter for their annual convention. He is knowledgable and very thorough in his presentations.

Any way you look at, the people involved as officers of the organization give of their time (and their loved ones time) on behalf of the industry and in doing so should be commended.

I wish all who are selected the best of luck.

Dirk E. Shearer, President
The Wildlife Control Company, Inc.
"Cause if you won't put your real name on it, you probably shouldn't hit send"
Re: ELECTIONS [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4093446
11/04/13 10:07 AM
11/04/13 10:07 AM
D
trapper
trapper
D

Originally Posted By: Paul Winkelmann
Dave, that's what has me bothered; all positions are uncontested. ( Which is why I made that post about approval from the board )

I'm not looking for trouble, just someone from NWCOA agreeing to your posts. ( I promise I'll keep my mouth shut if you're right )

P.S. I don't know which is worse; the not knowing by me or the not caring by everybody else.

Paul I would be willing to bet that all NWCOA board members past, present and future have been commanded not to ever post on Tman. We're just a bunch of rabble rousers. If I'm right Jordan will disappear after the election when they implant his micro chip. I am assimilated, take me to our leader. grin

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4093470
11/04/13 10:23 AM
11/04/13 10:23 AM

D
DaveK
Unregistered
DaveK
Unregistered
D

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4093828
11/04/13 01:56 PM
11/04/13 01:56 PM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Originally Posted By: DAVE SALYS-CWCP
P.S. I don't know which is worse; the not knowing by me or the not caring by everybody else.Paul I would be willing to bet that all NWCOA board members past, present and future have been commanded not to ever post on Tman. We're just a bunch of rabble rousers. If I'm right Jordan will disappear after the election when they implant his micro chip. I am assimilated, take me to our leader. grin

Thats not exactly right Dave .You just don't know their screen names. NWCOA officers post often here using nickname screen names .

Microchips? Jordan is no follower Dave. Many of us also know him as a innovator , doing business as Bud's Traps and formerly Editor - Publisher PWCM Magazine . I am gonna bet when given time Jordan will do a fine job and make a difference. I was actually hopeful of seeing a lot of new blood this year in addition to Jordan Budenski.

I just have a problem calling this an election.

I see a one party system in control that could easily hand each other "Guidons" or "Marbles" then all the bother of time and expense to elect themselves to unchallenged officer positions.

How can these unchallenged officers lose anyway.

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4093976
11/04/13 03:02 PM
11/04/13 03:02 PM
Redwood City,California
S
SteveAlbano Offline
trapper
SteveAlbano  Offline
trapper
S

Redwood City,California
Quote:
Paul I would be willing to bet that all NWCOA board members past, present and future have been commanded not to ever post on Tman.

Sorry Dave, but that's just not true at all. I am a former board member, and never at any time while I was on the board or since I left has anyone at NWCOA commanded or even suggested that I shouldn't post on Trapperman.

It's not a Mafia, just some good people doing their best with limited resources.

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4094012
11/04/13 03:28 PM
11/04/13 03:28 PM
D
trapper
trapper
D

Ease up guys, see the little smiley face? doesn't that mean humor? Robb I know most of the alias, even Proline quit posting which surprises me. I'll crawl back into my cave now.

Re: ELECTIONS [Re: DAVE SALYS-CWCP] #4094378
11/04/13 06:36 PM
11/04/13 06:36 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Dave, Dave, Dave, Proline just posted a couple of days ago. Our new president elect ( Mr. Reger ) is sworn to mend fences between WCT and NWCOA. ( So you and I should get the first phone calls ) I want you to have a more positive outlook. ( Okay, Obamacare kind of killed that for me too )

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread