ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
I Just Gotta Ask #4158067
12/06/13 08:33 PM
12/06/13 08:33 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
It seems my computer may have gotten some rabies or distemper so I had it professionally scrubbed with Spamilizer, Virus Be-gone, and Hackertaser. They also installed some protection. So here's my question.............

Now I've got to sign into everything, every time, including this site before I can use it. Do you guys have to do that too? How long before I pull out my .40 caliber and blow the whole problem away? ( Here's a tip: Your patience doesn't get better as you get older )

Re: I Just Gotta Ask [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4158222
12/06/13 09:32 PM
12/06/13 09:32 PM
North Branch MN
L
Lundy Offline
trapper
Lundy  Offline
trapper
L

North Branch MN
Your 'cookies' got reset. Does it ask you if you want to 'remember this site'. That creates a shortcut.

Re: I Just Gotta Ask [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4158993
12/07/13 09:35 AM
12/07/13 09:35 AM
Florida
WTWC Offline
trapper
WTWC  Offline
trapper

Florida
Ever since I switched to Mac, no. No antivirus, spamware, malware, adaware, no nothing and running strong for 7 years.

Re: I Just Gotta Ask [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4161206
12/08/13 09:43 AM
12/08/13 09:43 AM
Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
Robb Russell Offline
trapper
Robb Russell  Offline
trapper

Gainesville, Alachua, Florida,...
I use a PC today but have owned macs from their beginning in 84 to about 97. I certainly can attest to the fact that there are more of us pc users and we seem to be the focus of mutual computer destruction.

Paul somebody probabaly clicked that box for passwords. I bet you chose the whole nuclear option and did not have to.

I use Malwarebytes Anti Malware and when i run into a really badly infected computer we run combofix.

http://www.anytimewildlife.com/web-site-virus-protection/malwarebytes-anti-malware-combo-fix/

Find Our Podcasts @ http://www.thewildlifepro.net
Re: I Just Gotta Ask [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4161473
12/08/13 12:28 PM
12/08/13 12:28 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
I'm with Lundy on your cookies! I make a habit out of deleting that stuff every month just in general, which throws back to my govt. computer
pc days.

When I left the govt. I left the pc and never looked back....

Mac has worked flawlessly for both my laptop and my better half, plus iphone, ipad, etc.....

My one issue has been in this xfer that when I go to give talks, often folks aren't setup for anything but pc, so I had to buy a little adapter
cable that goes from the projector to my laptop (cheap fix).

Paul, I'm sure PJ's already resolved this for you, but it likely is on your security settings where it is set at highest or higher so that it prompts
you each time to avoid those being stored on your computer where they can be hacked (though I swear anything can be hacked).

Mac Vs. PC, I always heard that the reason Mac has less problems is just due to the market share they have, there are far more PC based
systems, so if you are hacker driven by financial return on investment of time, you spend it not on the 10%-20% of computer market but
on the 80-90%.

Simple business! (Though i hope its because there is some butt kicking blocker in my Mac, I favor the goal oriented hackers! smile

Justin

Re: I Just Gotta Ask [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4161493
12/08/13 12:43 PM
12/08/13 12:43 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Justin, so far the only thing PJ has done was change my password so it's harder to remember. Letting PJ use your computer is the easiest way to screw it up. His mother and sister have already locked him out of theirs. He's one of the best reasons to install PC protection.

Re: I Just Gotta Ask [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4161652
12/08/13 02:05 PM
12/08/13 02:05 PM
NM
H
HD_Wildlife Offline
trapper
HD_Wildlife  Offline
trapper
H

NM
smile