ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What Is Your Hobby? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4384602
03/18/14 12:19 AM
03/18/14 12:19 AM
northern Calif.
P
Probtrapper Offline
trapper
Probtrapper  Offline
trapper
P

northern Calif.
Back in the day I played fastpitch softball for about 20 years and played a lot of golf and did a.d.c. for fun. Then I started my business and now.....I work. Man, I need to get a life!

Bob Hassel
Animal Nuisance Control
Re: What Is Your Hobby? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4384750
03/18/14 07:28 AM
03/18/14 07:28 AM
Smoky Mtns TN
P
Paul Antczak Offline
trapper
Paul Antczak  Offline
trapper
P

Smoky Mtns TN
Training and riding my horses

Re: What Is Your Hobby? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4384812
03/18/14 08:24 AM
03/18/14 08:24 AM
Manchester, CT
K
Keith J. Ferry Offline
trapper
Keith J. Ferry  Offline
trapper
K

Manchester, CT
Sometimes work can be too much fun not to call it a hobby. Other than that, hunting tournament fishing, cooking, canning veggies and having fun with friends and family

Re: What Is Your Hobby? [Re: Keith J. Ferry] #4385257
03/18/14 12:34 PM
03/18/14 12:34 PM
Ames, IA
MikeTraps2 Offline
trapper
MikeTraps2  Offline
trapper

Ames, IA
The big 3 of course, but also go 'shroomin, shed hunting, but my major and expensive hobby is collecting old, rare or 1st edition hunting, adventure, exploration, and anything outdoorsy books.

I got 100's upon 100's on anything you can think og from the 1860's on

Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure

Theodore Roosevelt
Re: What Is Your Hobby? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4385875
03/18/14 07:15 PM
03/18/14 07:15 PM
WESTCHESTER, NEW YORK
W
WILDCHILD1976 Offline
trapper
WILDCHILD1976  Offline
trapper
W

WESTCHESTER, NEW YORK
HMMMM Im not sure if I have anything other than hobbies. If you make money at it, is it still a hobby???

It seems as the seasons change so do the seasons. I seem to over fill my days with nothing but the top 3, then Im reading about them, I am always looking for new knowledge, and I am always trying to test and prove what I hypothesis... Im really into the whole photo periodism theory`s. Not just for deer, considering I am in the ADC line of work. As the amount of daylight lengthens and shortens I like to check ambient air temps, and water temps, as well investigate the foliage develop.

During the summer the other thing I love to do is play softball. Once Im part of a team and I commit, that comes before my leisure activities, if I can even call it that. i guess I am a little to curious. I find myself way to involved. Im trying to focus more so this year on staying a bit more grounded. Like I said Im over booked. I have hounds and a pitbull who love to hunt. They are mine, so I am committed.

Anyway< I guess what this is all about is my love for the outdoors, and wildlife and what ma nature has to offer. A simple walk in the woods for me turns out to be a lot more than that. tracking wildlife and observing nature seems to be just set in my DNA. It seems that its not who I am, but what I am...

ON THE ROAD OF LIFE YOU HAVE PASSENGERS AND YOU HAVE DRIVERS. MY TRUCK IS ENTIRELY CONSUMED WITH TRAP EQUIP. ALL BUT THE DRIVER`S SEAT!
Re: What Is Your Hobby? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4385906
03/18/14 07:29 PM
03/18/14 07:29 PM
West Virginia
The Trapster Offline
trapper
The Trapster  Offline
trapper

West Virginia
I enjoy listening to my hounds chase a bear or a coon as well as trout fishing but A couple years back took up metal detecting and really enjoy finding pieces from the past.Most arent worth much but makes me happy just to find them.

Member of NTA,WVTA Lifetime
Re: What Is Your Hobby? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4385908
03/18/14 07:30 PM
03/18/14 07:30 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
WILDCHILD, I get the impression that nearly all of us were born in the Garden of Eden which is probably why I asked the question.

My son seems to have found the proper balance. As the leader of our company, he puts a lot of hours into ADC work but like you, he also makes time for sports. He also plays softball and this year he got a team together and played church league basketball. He played in the championship game at a local college on Sunday and won. All fifteen members of our family were there to support him. Supper cost me the equivalent of a service call and two raccoon!

I am really happy with the response to this question. Thanks a lot guys and keep them coming.

Re: What Is Your Hobby? [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4385931
03/18/14 07:43 PM
03/18/14 07:43 PM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
Quote:
If you make money at it, is it still a hobby???

No.

Just ask the IRS. wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread