ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672588
10/03/14 01:32 PM
10/03/14 01:32 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
No. That is marketing.

Listen, you could total the annual trap purchases of the top 5 largest adc companies in the top 10 markets, and it would be a drop on the bucket. They couldn't open the doors or hire people.

Think about it. Maybe there are 10 operators in 30 states each making $100k in sales. That would be $30 mil in sales. If they spent a whopping 5% of sales on traps....the entire market would be 150k. No room to fuss....

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672694
10/03/14 03:44 PM
10/03/14 03:44 PM
Ohio
Holt Offline
trapper
Holt  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Apples and oranges... Thinking as a individual not as a business. We have customers who ask us to attend fundraisers, golf outings and so on that support causes that personally I may not support but not attending could result in a loss of that customer so we attend/support as a BUSINESS. Many of our customers have ideology, religious, personal beliefs, political affiliations that I personally may not agree with but as a business is it legal or financially responsible for me to refuse service to that customer? Just because Tomahawk provides a product instead of a service I see no difference.

As far as Tomahawk donating product... Over the YEARS think of just how much product have they donated to groups, seminars, events that are affiliated with the nuisance control industry not to mention the money spent acting as paid sponsors/vendors to such events.

The simple fact is Tomahawk live trap company and the Smith family have been long time supporters of the nuisance control industry and have financially supported this industry for YEARS but some will throw them under the bus for a business decision based on their own personal beliefs not on sound business decisions.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672701
10/03/14 03:55 PM
10/03/14 03:55 PM
New Mexico
pickpot Offline
trapper
pickpot  Offline
trapper

New Mexico
My questioning was because I read earlier in the thread that Tomahawk live trap company does not donate to HSUS when clearly it is documented in research summaries that it does. It's pretty obvious here that anti organizations are lining the company's wallet with more sales than trappers do so tomahawk would be stupid not to support them because of the financials they bring in. I guess my question is now, why not just tell trappers who fight against the organizations that tomahawk sponsors and partners with that yes, we are affiliated with these anti groups because the money in our pocket from them is too good to pass up? Is HSUS, ASPCA, and all the other anti sites that I have seen tomahawk listed as affiliates aware that tomahawk plays concerned about the opinion from people these organizations take to court to create laws about what we can and cannot do? One would think just as people on this end of the spectrum are not pleased that tomahawk lines anti organization's pockets with donations to get them to line their's in return, the anti organizations would not be pleased that a company they bring so much business to is on here trying to reassure us that tomahawk is a friend of the trappers.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672747
10/03/14 04:39 PM
10/03/14 04:39 PM
Ohio
Holt Offline
trapper
Holt  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Are we talking trapping or nuisance control as a business? I have no idea if they support trappers (imagine they do)but I know for certain that they support the nuisance control industry. How much time have those on this site devoted to fighting the DC wildlife control act?

But page after page of is dedicated to this topic...

I would say to those who provide wildlife control as a business, suppliers of products here on Trapper Man who have issue with Tomahawks business decision to get rid of your screen names and use your God given, post your business name and links to web site in your profile and then post publicly you will not provide service or sell product to those who belong, agree with, support what ever group, entity you choose...As this is not a closed site that info will hit the web (one reason I took my links off this site)for your customers to see. I would say if you feel this strongly about this issue make it public and let your personal beliefs on this issue directly affect your business web presence. Go a little further... your customers who are members of what ever group are direct supporters of these groups and give them their political clout and revenue stream...so in your advertising and on your web site be sure you make very public that you WILL NOT work for a customer who belongs, donates or supports what ever group one chooses.

When one does that I would say they have the right to gripe about what others do in their business dealings. Until then....

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672752
10/03/14 04:44 PM
10/03/14 04:44 PM
NH
S
sgs Offline
trapper
sgs  Offline
trapper
S

NH
Selling traps to anyone who wants one is one thing but actually donating to (that means tax deductible donations) the HSUS or any other anti trapping group is beyond the pale.

I've stayed out of this, trying to figure out what is actually going on, but it seems my money is better spent elsewhere.

As for the Tomahawk/Comstock collaboration, we can still order traps direct from Jim.

I can understand selling traps to whoever orders them. That is business but actually donating money to anti-trapping organizations will lose my support every time.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672765
10/03/14 05:00 PM
10/03/14 05:00 PM
North Wisconsin
G
Giardiasis Offline
trapper
Giardiasis  Offline
trapper
G

North Wisconsin
Okay Mr. Holt I will not provide service or shelter to ANY terrorist group, or member of their group on a world wide scale, I will also deny service of any sort in my personal capacity to any group, entity, or business that does. I will not support groups such as ISIS, AL Quada, or the eco terrorist groups here on our own home land soil. CLEARLY and it has been stated over and over again that these animal rights activist groups such as PETA , ALF, HSUS, ASPCA are in FACT domestic terrorists. You deal with whoever you want to too make your money and line your filthy pocket, I personally retain the RIGHT to deny my service to anyone.....Lakeland Animal Eviction.....

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672807
10/03/14 05:35 PM
10/03/14 05:35 PM
Michigan
DaveK Offline
trapper
DaveK  Offline
trapper

Michigan
Guys - I am going to plead sanity. Carry on this nonsense on your own...

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: DaveK] #4672818
10/03/14 05:48 PM
10/03/14 05:48 PM
SW Missouri
M
Mike K. Offline
trapper
Mike K.  Offline
trapper
M

SW Missouri
I have been following this thread and I now agree with Dave. I thinks it's time to let this thread die out. It all comes down to a matter of choice and each of us can decide to buy or not to buy from Tomahawk or any other vendor for that matter. There's really no use to keep beating them up. Perhaps you should share your feelings directly with Tomahawk if you're so distraught over this.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672843
10/03/14 06:05 PM
10/03/14 06:05 PM
Ohio
Holt Offline
trapper
Holt  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Giardiasis,

Maybe I am searching wrong but finding nothing but an animal shelter that offers removal under web search for "Lakeland Animal Eviction" in Northern Wisconsin... That's company name right? How about posting web address so possible customers can link to your tirade as it is meaningless with out web presence. Keep on living the dream buddy and I will keep on lining my dirty pockets.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672848
10/03/14 06:12 PM
10/03/14 06:12 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
Pm I got from Chuck Smith

I know for a fact that they are in big with HSUS. They go to their convention every year, sponsor their events, and are the only trap company invited to them. THEY EVEN MAKE A SPECIAL CAT TRAP JUST FOR THEM! Tomahawk has changed so much in the last few years I'm actually glad to not be associated with them anymore and would never be associated with HSUS. they are the same as PETA in my opinion! Please try my stuff next time.

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672867
10/03/14 06:30 PM
10/03/14 06:30 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Pesky, you did no one any favors by posting this, true or not. Chuck and his family are nice people and were never connected to any

of this. Now you've made that connection and made this whole thing seem very suspicious. If Chuck wanted to comment, I'm sure he

wouldn't have appointed you spokesman.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672878
10/03/14 06:36 PM
10/03/14 06:36 PM
south east michigan
P
Peskycritter Offline
trapper
Peskycritter  Offline
trapper
P

south east michigan
I don't think he's on this site

htt:// www.critterremovalmi.net
Free Trapper
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672912
10/03/14 07:03 PM
10/03/14 07:03 PM
Ohio
Holt Offline
trapper
Holt  Offline
trapper

Ohio
I raise the BS flag on this one but I made sure to copy the "Chuck Smith PM" and sent it out to him for conformation as we are on same FB pages.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4672926
10/03/14 07:18 PM
10/03/14 07:18 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Selling trap to anti groups, that is business. Sponsoring or donating fund/money is another story. It is short and sweet for me. I will not support any business that I knows donates money to HSUS. That is how I do business. The HSUS has cost the sportsmen/sportswomen of Michigan a lot of money just to keep what we have at this time. We are not talking nickels & dimes. We are talking millions!

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: DaveK] #4673326
10/04/14 12:51 AM
10/04/14 12:51 AM
Portsmouth Va.
A
aprophet Offline
trapper
aprophet  Offline
trapper
A

Portsmouth Va.
Originally Posted By: DaveK
The cool thing....they are using the same tomahawk or COMSTOCK traps many of you use. That should make ya'll feel good!

DON'T USE EITHER ONE I build my own and no they are not for sale

I TRAP PETA'S FRONT PORCH

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4673355
10/04/14 03:08 AM
10/04/14 03:08 AM
North Wisconsin
G
Giardiasis Offline
trapper
Giardiasis  Offline
trapper
G

North Wisconsin
I am 100% with Everet on this, business is business, but supporting a anti group like HSUS tears it for me. Also since that is exactly what Tomahawk trap co is doing it should be put out there far and wide to everyone in the ADC and fur trapping community, may as well include the hunter orginazations in on this too. I betcha people at Ducks Unlimited would be interested to know Tomahawk is funding the anti groups

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: Peskycritter] #4673762
10/04/14 01:35 PM
10/04/14 01:35 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
Originally Posted By: Peskycritter
Well Bud when HSUS rolls into mn and wi over the next couple years looking to end wolf management will see if your way of thinking changes any
it doesn't matter what u and I think, we are not politicians. Don't like em, don't buy em. Simple. I love tomahawk traps and will keep using and buying em.

Bud's Nuisance Wildlife Removal LLC
www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4673890
10/04/14 04:23 PM
10/04/14 04:23 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Peskycritter:
We do not have to wait a couple years in Mi. Guess what is on the Nov-2nd. ballet! Tow proposal to protect Wolves from hunting this fall, funded by who? You guessed it HSUS. There are 4 issues in each proposal. They piggy back the issues.
We may not like politicians, but who do you thing is controlling your business, not you. In Mi. we are trying to get the wildlife making decisions out of the hands of the politicians. The HSUS would like to see ADC work go down the drain. If you do not think so, you need to look around. JMO

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4673952
10/04/14 05:41 PM
10/04/14 05:41 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Everet, As much as I would like to keep my mouth shut, I do write a column and I really despise retractions! You tell me that HSUS

would like to see all the ADC work go down the drain. My other source says that HSUS wants all trapping banned, except for cage traps

attended only by Certified ADC agents, which, by the way, would include me. One of you is wrong. Have you got anything at all to

make me believe you? ( And believe me when I say, "This is one of the most conflicting stories I have ever done, and I truly want to

get it right" ) The livelihood of a lot a people are involved.

Re: Tomahawk/HSUS thread. [Re: warrior] #4674074
10/04/14 07:38 PM
10/04/14 07:38 PM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
Paul, there is an old saying, "Don't try eating an elephant in one setting". Only time will tell who is right. Look at the fur industry, I have heard most fur go out of the U.S.A., but I am not sure. More live traps are sold to John Doe Public than anyone else. Do you think the large trap company's will be ban from selling to big box stores, Tractor Supply, Ace Hardware etc. Will never happen. ADC agents are just one link in the chain. Once the HSUS goes after the ADC industry we will be gone, State by State. Does the ADC industry in Wis. have the funds and know how to fight them? Is it true that CO. can only use cage traps? If so who pushed for it? Thanks Paul always like hearing your views.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread