ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Great DNR Management #4775124
12/02/14 10:54 PM
12/02/14 10:54 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
The island of Hawaii was being over-run with rats so in an effort to solve the problem, they imported the mongoose. Unfortunately

the mongoose is diurnal and the rats are nocturnal. The two never met so Hawaii still has a major rat problem and now also a

mongoose problem. The mongoose is doing it's best to make as many native animals and birds extinct including the Nene, which the

native goose. I really can't criticize because we just finished one of the worst deer seasons in many years. In the northern part

of the state the the kill was down 32%. I was lucky enough to interview the leader of one of the wolf packs in that area and he

told me that their deer hunting was up 64% and told me to thank our DNR for bringing them to Wisconsin.

Re: Great DNR Management [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4775193
12/02/14 11:24 PM
12/02/14 11:24 PM
southern Minnesota
BUD25 Offline
trapper
BUD25  Offline
trapper

southern Minnesota
Ha! I would go to Hawaii and thin down the population but near impossible to sell that large of a job.

Bud's Nuisance Wildlife Removal LLC
www.budstrapco.com
www.trappinmoles.com
Re: Great DNR Management [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4775294
12/03/14 12:24 AM
12/03/14 12:24 AM
North Branch MN
L
Lundy Offline
trapper
Lundy  Offline
trapper
L

North Branch MN
Bud, if you get the job, I'll be your wingman! I even have an friend that lives there, he's a handyman type of guy and he's been there for over ten years. I know you will get lots of offers to help, I just wanted to be the first. Pick me! Pick me!

Re: Great DNR Management [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4775739
12/03/14 12:06 PM
12/03/14 12:06 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline OP
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline OP
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
Lundy, don't think I didn't look at the pest control business while I was there. No wildlife control ads at all ( Mainly pigs and

pigeons ) There were so few insects of any kind that I was amazed. The problem insects are the usual; roaches, bedbugs, ants,

spiders, and termites. The pigeon population is booming and 99% of them were white or had at least half of their feathers white;

which I thought was rather unusual.

P.S. This mornings paper said that this was the worst deer season in 32 years, but were very quick to blame it on the weather. ( I

guess this is the first time that we had weather since 1982 ) In other news: The Wisconsin DNR is trying to import a large pride of

saber-toothed tigers to deal with the out-of-control wolf population. Stayed tuned for further news.

Re: Great DNR Management [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4775824
12/03/14 01:18 PM
12/03/14 01:18 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Online mad
trapper
BigBob  Online Mad
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Thirstyunderwater is a member here and did some ADC work there on feral pigs, he would be a good guy to talk to for info.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Great DNR Management [Re: Paul Winkelmann] #4783338
12/07/14 01:51 PM
12/07/14 01:51 PM
NV, USA
N
NV man Offline
trapper
NV man  Offline
trapper
N

NV, USA
Great humor over a morbidly true situation. Maybe DNR could start a castration program, then the wolves would quit screwing the deer... just saying.

"Our nation's health is dependent on local industry and commerce."
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread