ADC Archive

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Robb Russell] #485802
12/27/07 11:49 PM
12/27/07 11:49 PM
Holmen, WI
F
frozentoes Offline
trapper
frozentoes  Offline
trapper
F

Holmen, WI
Well, in reading through all of this "High School Drama" and trying to weed through the junk to get some usefull information, 2 things are blatently clear.

1. Whatever the original intent of this thread was, is totally lost in the junk that followed \:\(

2. KrustyKlimbers worst enemy is himself, nobody else.

If I may offer a little reading for Krusty. Go to any book store in your area and pick up a copy of "Psycho-Cybernectis" by Maxwell Maltz. From reading your many posts, you are lacking in the MOST important aspect of life and any business, SELF-CONFIDENCE and a positive attitude. If you do not beleive in yourself enough to get this off the ground, everything everybody is offering you is a moot point.
I call it like I see it, and from what I see, you need to suck it up and quit whining and finding every possible excuse or possible problem that might get in the way. [Please excuse my language... I'm an idiot], if you want everything laid out perfectly, you are in the wrong business.

Re: NWCO age? [Re: frozentoes] #485892
12/28/07 12:35 AM
12/28/07 12:35 AM
Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
K
Krustyklimber Offline
trapper
Krustyklimber  Offline
trapper
K

Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
Frozentoes,

I agree with you, the point of this thread has nearly been lost... try just reading the first page.

And I agree with you, that in this field, I am lacking the self confidence I would need to make a go of it.
But nobody but me, knows if that's pessimism, or realism! ;\)

I've been backed into a corner, and even I don't recognize the person that is now fighting his way out.

The original intent of this thread wasn't "let's offer Krusty help", and that's not why I posted my points of view.

You are also right, in that offering me anything to use in business, is moot... as I don't currently plan on going into business for myself!
So quit beating a dead horse!

I already sucked it up, and made a decision, as to whether or not to continue trapping... no whining involved.
I sat down with my ledger book, crunched up some numbers, and felt sick to my stomach... the REAL ME, had a buncha fun trappin' beavers, but the me I have become in this thread regrets having blown so much of my savings doing it.

Following Ron's good advice, I am going to fill in that hole, and build up a little pile again, before I think about digging another one.
And the real me, with probably man up and give it my best shot (when I am ready), just like I always do.

IF YOU HEAR A WHINE, YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR COMPUTER LOOKED AT!

I never asked for everything laid out for ME, but SEEING A TRAP, might be a good thing to have happen in trapper training or NCWO certification courses, no?
And apprenticeship programs at the local level won't hurt.
Doing away with the barriers between "us" and "them" that alienate people might be a good thing...
And cooperating for the good of all, would probably be, good for all.

I am not in the WCO business, and I don't want to be, anymore.

Not meeting me and hanging out together, was LT and Vinke's loss, too.

I'm a good person, a good friend, an honest, hardworking, overgrown boy scout.
I don't have a problem with the man I see in the mirror, and I don't have trouble sleeping at night, even though I have hit some bumps along my way.

Krusty

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Krustyklimber] #486061
12/28/07 06:30 AM
12/28/07 06:30 AM
Southern Michigan 54
C
coonmasterx Offline
trapper
coonmasterx  Offline
trapper
C

Southern Michigan 54
Frozentoes,I agree with you, What Is this thred all about anyway? Is It just a pizzing match? I think krusty needs some cheese to go with his whine.I know It Is none of my business to butt In on this so called discussion but I just had to put my
2cents worth In To It.I am new to this business too,I started out with very little knowlege of ADC trapping and very little help from anyone. I learned as I went along with the help of the people from the NWCOA forum.It started out slow as I learned more each year to the point that going Into our 4th year my son quit his full time job to do this full time.My point being, You
don't need help from people who may not want to give It to you. Start off slow and get all the training you can and learn as you go. Join NWCOA and get all the Info you need on there forum, It Is well worth the $100.

Re: NWCO age? [Re: coonmasterx] #486149
12/28/07 09:38 AM
12/28/07 09:38 AM
Syracuse,Utica-Rome,Madison,On...
B
Bob Evans,-CWCP Offline OP
trapper
Bob Evans,-CWCP  Offline OP
trapper
B

This was started in the hope that the INDUSTRY could learn What type of training was wanted or needed to KEEP younger people IN this field!
We have a growing industry but the people that do the WORK are getting older and for the INDUSTRY to continue it needs well trained YOUNGER people involved.
bob evans cwcp

Bird,live honey Bee,Unique wildlife problems SOLVED.
Serving the great state of New York

livetrappingbymatt.net
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Bob Evans,-CWCP] #486289
12/28/07 11:57 AM
12/28/07 11:57 AM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
Sorry Robert..........I should have kept my mouth (finger)shut.....

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Vinke] #486491
12/28/07 02:09 PM
12/28/07 02:09 PM
B
trapper
trapper
B

These things go the way they go!Now let's try this again I'd like to know were we can honestly help get these people started right?
I'm not the guy to tell anyone one how to get everything done and done right,the rest of you have more experiance and are better business people.
SO LET"S DO THIS!
bob evans cwcp

livetrappingbymatt.net
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Bob Evans,-CWCP] #487631
12/29/07 12:08 AM
12/29/07 12:08 AM
Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
K
Krustyklimber Offline
trapper
Krustyklimber  Offline
trapper
K

Mineral, Virginia U.S.A.
I hate losing a debate on the "neener neener, you're a big baby!" clause.
I wonder if that ever happens to the Harvard debate team?

At least I'm smart enough to see what this thread is about. \:\)

It is partly a peeing match, but, that's a small part of it... considering the weight of the real problems facing "the industry" and those starting out in it.

I really appreciate the pm's offering help, support, and encouragement.
It's good to know, not all of you share a singular opinion of me.

No way would I tuck tail and walk away from my membership on this site... over this.

I been right before, and I been wrong, neither one killed me. \:\)

Krusty

Re: NWCO age? [Re: Krustyklimber] #489062
12/29/07 11:00 PM
12/29/07 11:00 PM
B
trapper
trapper
B

I can't seem to get by the part about this being directed at one person,my post as stated from the start was an open dialog to try and help people who wish to go into this. I've looked at the wildlife hand book (just a few paragrafs) and as with most academia it's not real world help (my opinion).
Here we deal in real wildlife problems and the fastest and most cost productive methods of solving them.
So let's try to get this on the right road?
bob evans cwcp

livetrappingbymatt.net
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Bob Evans,-CWCP] #492271
12/31/07 07:23 PM
12/31/07 07:23 PM
southern ontario canada
C
coonwild Offline
trapper
coonwild  Offline
trapper
C

southern ontario canada
robert i see the same thing age wise posted a thread about it on another site it seems to me that most wco's are older from what i see in my area is most young people my age aren't willing to take the chance of walking away from that steady paycheck as it seems most want to live well beyond their means or they just plain don't want to work period as it's slow here right now due to cold and snow i'm working for a roofing contractor installing polyslate tile he can't hardly find anyone to work that i'sant on drugs or just plain won't show up i think now days people are so far removed from nature that they have no interest in wildlife control working 9-5 and sitting watching tv or playing video games seems to be the norm for many my age nowdays

Duncan Wildlife control your solution to wildlife problems

my video's: http://www.youtube.com/trappermatt1976

Re: NWCO age? [Re: coonwild] #492683
12/31/07 11:17 PM
12/31/07 11:17 PM
B
trapper
trapper
B

You may be right ? It took me a long time to go full time and then I had an income so it was time to do something that was enjoyable.
The drugs effect every industry with ours if you want get high just go to work no DRUGS needed!
Drunks and addicts wouldn't last on this job!
bob evans

livetrappingbymatt.net
Re: NWCO age? [Re: Bob Evans,-CWCP] #492779
01/01/08 12:11 AM
01/01/08 12:11 AM
southern ontario canada
C
coonwild Offline
trapper
coonwild  Offline
trapper
C

southern ontario canada
i'm still working my way to full time been doing this for 5-6 years but it's just been the last 2 that i've gotten serious about doing it full time there are times when i don't think things are moving fast enough but when i sit and look at how my work has been increasing i feel maybe i'm just a little impaitent lol my plan is one more year of a job plus this and then full time i have a lot to get in order between now and then but to use a quote from clint locklear" i will not fail"

Duncan Wildlife control your solution to wildlife problems

my video's: http://www.youtube.com/trappermatt1976

Re: NWCO age? [Re: coonwild] #493249
01/01/08 12:26 PM
01/01/08 12:26 PM
B
trapper
trapper
B

Coonwild,Sounds like your BUILDING a good solid business.Having a plan than sticking too it is very good business.By now you know what your area needs and the services that pay the best.
I started just to have work to do with no plan and NO Idea were I wanted to go!Today it is easier to see were this is going,with the change in peoples attatude toward wildlife.
We have become a vital link in protecting property and agriculture from wildlife harm.
Not only is it nessasary but can be very profitable?
The future can only get better for people in our field.
bob evans cwcp

livetrappingbymatt.net
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Bob Jameson, LAtrapper