ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Market for ADC beaver control instruction ? #5002055
04/09/15 01:21 AM
04/09/15 01:21 AM
Arkansas
A
AR Swampboss Offline OP
trapper
AR Swampboss  Offline OP
trapper
A

Arkansas
I'm curious what the market is like for on the line beaver control instruction. I have been in the ADC business for about 20 years and wondered if any of the WCO businesses have a need to put their people on a fast track to learning what ADC beaver trapping is like in the real world ?

Also guys wanting to start their own business. Are you able to find trappers that offer ride along instruction ?

I know some of the "big name " fur trappers offer on line instructions for a fee but what about ADC guys ?

Re: Market for ADC beaver control instruction ? [Re: AR Swampboss] #5002258
04/09/15 09:23 AM
04/09/15 09:23 AM
New Hampshire
Coondog6 Offline
trapper
Coondog6  Offline
trapper

New Hampshire
Client Lockhart would ask you, "How would your beaver control instruction be different/better than what is already on the market?

Chuck

The measure of a man is what he will do when he knows he won't get caught.

Coondog6
www.BestWayWildlife.com
Re: Market for ADC beaver control instruction ? [Re: AR Swampboss] #5002322
04/09/15 10:22 AM
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
It's going to be a small and private market, but it's there.

Re: Market for ADC beaver control instruction ? [Re: AR Swampboss] #5002323
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
It's going to be a small and private market, but it's there.

Re: Market for ADC beaver control instruction ? [Re: AR Swampboss] #5002849
04/09/15 06:25 PM
04/09/15 06:25 PM
Georgia
K
Kirk De Offline
trapper
Kirk De  Offline
trapper
K

Georgia
The closest I ever came to that was several years ago Mark More came down for several days. He was an experienced trapper and wanted to see how I did it. It was the end of the season and I was slowing down. I really enjoyed his visit.

I get about 4-5 requests every year. It is just hard to work it in. Now that I am older it might be easier.

I would feel like the customer would need to stay at least 3-4 days and get to at least 20 new locations while he was there. You would need the variety to teach as many methods as possible in such a short time. You need consecutive days to prove your success.

I know Mark ask me many many times "Why don,t you set a trap there?" By having 3-4 days the question is answered. How you deal with the entities you work can best be seen over several days also.

If I was the customer I would want to cram as much in as I could and still enjoy myself.

You certainly would have the experience.

The Real Reasons Animals Are Detecting Your Sets And Devices by Kirk Dekalb
https://amzn.to/2Hn1hxv
Re: Market for ADC beaver control instruction ? [Re: Coondog6] #5003015
04/09/15 08:35 PM
04/09/15 08:35 PM
Arkansas
A
AR Swampboss Offline OP
trapper
AR Swampboss  Offline OP
trapper
A

Arkansas
Originally Posted By: Coondog6
Client Lockhart would ask you, "How would your beaver control instruction be different/better than what is already on the market?

Chuck

I posted to see if there is a need. I don't know what is out there.

I would reply by saying I was first taught how to trap by a state nuisance trapper that really knew his stuff. I would include a well rounded, diverse, system of year round beaver control.I would also cover dam removal and water drainage. How to deal with summer beaver ( there are a lot of great cold weather trappers. but I see most people struggle with summer beaver.)
I could show people what I learned the hard way. what I think the best way to run an efficient, successful, ADC business without wasting years, time and money getting there.
Also how to get and keep business along with how to keep a good reputation.

I could ramble on but I'm not on here to advertise, just wondered if they were in short supply. I might consider the instruction side of the business. Ive turned down people over the years because they lived a little too close and I didn't want any competition. but if they were far enough away I'd consider it.

Re: Market for ADC beaver control instruction ? [Re: AR Swampboss] #5003141
04/09/15 09:52 PM
04/09/15 09:52 PM
California
T
Throw Back Offline
trapper
Throw Back  Offline
trapper
T

California
I still say there are people out there who are interested. I know there are people who would rather bust out and learn it from someone who knows. Its not just what do you do better, for some its just "can you prove you know anything?". I dont think it would be a full time family supporting gig, but it could be extra income a few times a year. but, you do really need proof you are worth it, even if its just sucsessfull business.

Re: Market for ADC beaver control instruction ? [Re: AR Swampboss] #5005163
04/11/15 02:00 PM
04/11/15 02:00 PM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
Originally Posted By: AR Swampboss
but I see most people struggle with summer beaver.

Not after watching Pauls "Summertime Beaver Control" video.

It sure helped me!

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: Market for ADC beaver control instruction ? [Re: AR Swampboss] #5005313
04/11/15 04:51 PM
04/11/15 04:51 PM
NWWA/AZ
Vinke Offline
trapper
Vinke  Offline
trapper

NWWA/AZ
I would love to travel and teach,,Someday in the "BEAVER BUS",, My focus would be reading/aging sign...........

I have not traveled the east coast yet,,, it is on my bucket list.......I want to do it in a diesel pusher with lots of slide outs,,,and a trailer with toys........

Slightly used Shoes 4 sale……………
Re: Market for ADC beaver control instruction ? [Re: AR Swampboss] #5005618
04/11/15 09:01 PM
04/11/15 09:01 PM
mequon, wisconsin
P
Paul Winkelmann Offline
trapper
Paul Winkelmann  Offline
trapper
P

mequon, wisconsin
I'll drive! ( My sign is Sagittarius and it's already aged )

Re: Market for ADC beaver control instruction ? [Re: AR Swampboss] #5011485
04/15/15 10:42 PM
04/15/15 10:42 PM
Dudley NC
M
Muddawg Offline
trapper
Muddawg  Offline
trapper
M

Dudley NC
I don't seem to be having a problem with beaver. But I could dang sure use some help on squirrels!

Muddawg
Re: Market for ADC beaver control instruction ? [Re: AR Swampboss] #5012321
04/16/15 02:00 PM
04/16/15 02:00 PM
Mass
TDHP Offline
trapper
TDHP  Offline
trapper

Mass
I'd take comments and suggestions with a grain of salt, you'll never know unless you attempt it, you could learn a lot from the many folks that failed:). Some will say don't bother they tried it blah blah, well good for them, maybe your the exception. If you really have a passion and a little time where you're not going to put yourself in the poor house, the risk may be worth the reward. If you move forward in your decision, don't rule out a service with a donation option, you'll be surprised at how many honest trappers and up and coming trappers would put a few bucks in it for knowledge. Then go from there, internet has really hurt the type of business where you're trying to collect a fee for information which most people can obtain online through these forums. Who knows, you could be offering information that most need to pay for, and once people catch on and you build an audience, the sky's the limit. Good Luck!

Smile, you're an expert!
http://tdhpwildlifecontrol.webs.com/
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread