ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
storing bait #5345133
01/01/16 09:40 PM
01/01/16 09:40 PM
eastern OR
P
pinching toes Offline OP
trapper
pinching toes  Offline OP
trapper
P

eastern OR
I was just restocking the trucks and noticed that we have 3 cases of predator bait that we use that was forgotten. I just ordered a years worth more last week and there is no way that we will use all of it up in a years time.

How long will it last, any ideas? Its tombstone (DR47)

If god wanted me to be a vegetarian he would have made carrots more fun to hunt!
Re: storing bait [Re: pinching toes] #5345764
01/02/16 11:15 AM
01/02/16 11:15 AM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Online content
trapper
Bob Jameson  Online Content
trapper
B

SW Pa
Depending upon who made the bait and how it was made with respects to preserving it for one season use and sale in mind, or if when made that producer was preparing it for an indefinite holding time period.

Regardless, excess product would be best stored in a cooler, non UV area to best hold the product for extended periods. Heat can have detrimental effects on lots of things over the long haul.

I would contact the producer and ask their suggestions for holdover of the material. Some baits will hold well indefinitely as mine will but everyone does things differently.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread