Health Issues Forum

Home ~ Mission Statement ~ Trap Talk ~ ADC Forum ~ Trap Shed ~ Trap Chat
Trapper Tips ~ Links ~ Gallery ~ Basic Sets ~ Convention Calendar ~ Trapper's Humor
Fur Buyers Directory ~ Trapper's Tales ~ Words From The Past ~ Legends ~ Archives
~Catalog~

Print Thread
Hop To
Fibromyalgia #5434178
02/25/16 09:32 PM
02/25/16 09:32 PM
Iowa
Coonriver Offline OP
trapper
Coonriver  Offline OP
trapper

Iowa
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia about 6 months ago and have been trying all types of meds trying to find one that works.it really is bad and I don't wish it on anyone.

Mike's Taxidermy/Coon River Outfitters over 20 years of high quality Taxidermy.Loacted in NW Iowa.Facebook-Mike's Taxidermy Iowa
Re: Fibromyalgia [Re: Coonriver] #5435445
02/26/16 10:58 PM
02/26/16 10:58 PM
NY
ADK95 Offline
trapper
ADK95  Offline
trapper

NY
Sorry to hear this... ask your doctor about Lyrica. I know a couple people with fibromyalgia and they both take that.

Re: Fibromyalgia [Re: Coonriver] #5515647
05/06/16 12:24 PM
05/06/16 12:24 PM
north dakota
k9gter Offline
trapper
k9gter  Offline
trapper

north dakota
My wife was recently diagnosed with the same symptoms and she has tried everything under the sun also but found a combination that has really worked for her. She started taking Sevela and its prescribed by her doctor. She also use Fibro Cream and it is available at CVS and online also. She's done so much research and started using there mucinex regimien if your interested let me know and i can get it for you she has been pretty much pain free with very little flare ups.

"live like its your last day on earth"
"Don't bring yesterdays problems into today"

Re: Fibromyalgia [Re: Coonriver] #6221531
04/19/18 09:34 AM
04/19/18 09:34 AM
Norborne MO
B
BBarnes Offline
trapper
BBarnes  Offline
trapper
B

Norborne MO
I wouldn't go by the above advise, drinking tequila will not help. Fibro studies for Men are few and far between. I was diagnosed 7 years ago. Lyrica did not work for me, made me feel way to foggy to function and continue to work, I refused the disability offer. Over the years my doctor has not been able to find anything that will work for me.
I maintain by watching what I eat, limit caffeine to almost nothing. I walk as much as possible and force myself to go on although there are days you just don't want to. The flare up's are the worst times to deal with.
If you can get in to a hot tub on a regular basis this will help you tremendously. Treadmill also helps on the days I can't get outside to walk.
I had to take it upon myself and do nothing but study Fibro reading what I could find on Men with Fibro. You can not use the info about Woman with fibro because of the hormone difference's which is the one thing my doctor and I agree on.
Keep going even on the days you don't want to, a small walk is better then no walk at all.

Just my 2 cents worth.

B

Re: Fibromyalgia [Re: Coonriver] #6222084
04/19/18 11:00 PM
04/19/18 11:00 PM
canada
T
tucker13 Offline
trapper
tucker13  Offline
trapper
T

canada
My wife has this, was in constant pain etc. She went to the natural path doctor for didn't want to take the drugs prescribed by the doctor.
He did a food sensitivity/allergy test she changed her diet and things are almost back to normal. The change of diet helped with other issues as well such as her thyroid. This may be something to look into, good luck, it was not nice seeing her in the pain she was in.

Sorry just checked its Polymyalgia my wife has, its more in the muscles, but diet still may be something to look in to.

Last edited by tucker13; 04/20/18 08:13 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread