ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
bed bug traps?? pest control help #5438666
02/29/16 12:16 PM
02/29/16 12:16 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

missouri
Ok my mom believes she has bed bugs, I believe she is paranoid she found a bug. I thought bed bugs where little but any who, I thought there maybe a pest control guy on here that could tell me if there are traps I could set to catch what bugs it was or prove to her that it was a fluke and no bed bugs around?? I didnt know if something like glue traps would work or something out there even exist. Thanks for the responses.

Last edited by salemtrapper; 02/29/16 12:22 PM.
Re: bed bug traps?? pest control help [Re: salemtrapper] #5438709
02/29/16 01:10 PM
02/29/16 01:10 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Bed bugs are small, usually tan/brown in color, football shaped and appear very dark brown after a recent blood meal. If they have recently fed and crushed they will bleed red like a gorged tick.

Look in the pleats and folds of the furniture or bed, any tight spots in that immediate area. If you have bed bugs and you have a population you will find some sign of sheds, small dark feces stains or actives in that area usually. If it is a new population it may be spotty or minimal with discovery of specimens.

If it is a bed or some furniture you can use some small flat glue boards to place in the area of climb points like the foot bottoms of the bed frame , along the wall at the head board etc.

They do sell bed bug traps which use adhesive on them to attach and place for different areas of suspected infestation. These are monitors that will help determine the problem then you may need chemical treatment to follow to resolve the problem if monitoring or inspection determines a positive id. specimen.

Bed bugs and bat bugs look very similar to each other. So you may need to make an assessment that the avg. individual may not be able to distinguish between the two. Check the attic for bats if accessible.

Do some questioning to your mom as to who has traveled where and who has visited your moms house in recent weeks or months. Anyone traveled and stayed in hotels, motels or with anyone who may have introduced them to her home by visiting. Lots of college kids that travel and stay with others can transmit them very easily with clothing brought back with them.

Many college dorms locally here have bed bug problems.

Lots of answers to questions can many times determine what may have happened and how they were introduced if it is confirmed or who or what may be the problem source.

Re: bed bug traps?? pest control help [Re: salemtrapper] #5439039
02/29/16 05:41 PM
02/29/16 05:41 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

missouri
Thanks bob. Mom has traveled here in a short time ago spent a week in Vegas and new mexico.. what she found was big as a weedle

Re: bed bug traps?? pest control help [Re: salemtrapper] #5439127
02/29/16 06:56 PM
02/29/16 06:56 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Do you mean weevil? If it is some types may be introduced into the home thru grain products such as corn, dog food, bird seed bags etc.

You can look up what a bed bug looks like on the web as well as a reference to their size. Look up saw tooth grain weevil or other types to see if they match up to what you found.

Re: bed bug traps?? pest control help [Re: salemtrapper] #5439366
02/29/16 09:04 PM
02/29/16 09:04 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

missouri
Ya weevil lol been watching too much pokemon with the kid.. sorry thats the size they are black and hard.. im not a bug guy really dont know what one looks like. What I have seen on the web it does look like it but moms dead set on that is what it is...

Re: bed bug traps?? pest control help [Re: salemtrapper] #5439584
02/29/16 11:10 PM
02/29/16 11:10 PM
Adirondacks, N.Y.
T
trapdye Offline
trapper
trapdye  Offline
trapper
T

Adirondacks, N.Y.
Glad I don't do bugs, hate em. Before retirement, I worked for utility company in the city, In those big apt. building basements, If you shined a light on the walls, It looked like they were moving. Water bugs, roaches, what ever. Light went out.... I was gone.

John's Nuisance Wildlife Control
If you like what you do for a living, It's better than a vacation. Most days.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread