ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Moles trap wise? #5969596
08/07/17 11:59 AM
08/07/17 11:59 AM
Ohio
Z
ZAC Offline OP
trapper
ZAC  Offline OP
trapper
Z

Ohio
Got two active tunnels I'm trapping in separate locations in my yard. I can't seem to catch the moles. Using both trapline traps and nomole traps. Moles are digging under the traps and fowling them with soul. Any ideas? It's like they know the traps are there and dig under em. What should I do to catch em? These tunnels are 40+ yards apart and very active. New blowholes every night

Thanks
Zac

Re: Moles trap wise? [Re: ZAC] #5969711
08/07/17 02:35 PM
08/07/17 02:35 PM
Georgia
warrior Online content
trapper
warrior  Online Content
trapper

Georgia
Are you bedding the trap lines so the metal is below the floor of the run? A little up and down pressure on the back end to get the front hinge solidly down. Another trick is to flip the trap line upside down so there is no metal to cross.
Never used the no moles so no help there. If it were me I'd swap over to OOS for those that dig under.

[Linked Image]
Re: Moles trap wise? [Re: ZAC] #5969906
08/07/17 05:57 PM
08/07/17 05:57 PM
SW Pa
B
Bob Jameson Offline
trapper
Bob Jameson  Offline
trapper
B

SW Pa
Gotta bed the jaw end of the trap line traps as warrior states. If not, the traps will be assumed to be a tunnel obstruction and their first reaction to that is to dig under the object. The digging under of the trap will cause them to push the dirt up and out of the way into the area where the trap is located. Very simple reaction of a mole. Keep practicing you will get on to good trap setting technique in time.

Re: Moles trap wise? [Re: ZAC] #5970038
08/07/17 08:32 PM
08/07/17 08:32 PM
Reed City, Michigan
W
WPS Offline
trapper
WPS  Offline
trapper
W

Reed City, Michigan
try turning your trapline traps upside down... open jaw down