ADC Trapper Forum

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

WCS
(Please support Wildlife Control Supplies, our sponsor for the ADC Page)

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Beaver job with a mighty wrench thrown in the mix! [Re: Birch Tree] #6053285
11/13/17 10:53 AM
11/13/17 10:53 AM
Wright county, Minnesota
Birch Tree Offline OP
trapper
Birch Tree  Offline OP
trapper

Wright county, Minnesota
Well, hard lesson learned here. I won't be mixing ADC work and fur trapping ever again! Soon after taking most of the beaver the landowner started telling me not to kill his predators, then after he tore out the dams with a backhoe and dropped the water level a ton and exposed a bunch of my other sets, I caught 3 very large raccoons and he got mad telling me not to kill the coons because he liked them! He just wants the beaver and muskrat gone so he can drain the land totally dry and use the old original golf course ponds for duck hunting.

Yep, collected my money and pulled every trap and my boat out of there, I have 1 lodge left to finish off the kits and I will do that through the ice when it is safe, not going back after that lodge is done and I am only doing that because I told him I would hit that lodge before he started restricting the other species on me. I will complete the job I was hired to do because that is just good business.

Mark Skokan, Buffalo MN.

MTA and NTA Member.
Re: Beaver job with a mighty wrench thrown in the mix! [Re: Birch Tree] #6053366
11/13/17 12:43 PM
11/13/17 12:43 PM
Wisconsin, USA
Traps R Us Offline
trapper
Traps R Us  Offline
trapper

Wisconsin, USA
He wants predators and likes to duck hunt? I told you this guy was crazy!
Although to his credit, your initial statement was "all the beaver, muskrats and otters you come across".
I would leave that door open for water trapping.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread