No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158087
02/14/18 08:05 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
17 dead and was an ar

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158089
minnesota
G
goldy Offline
trapper
goldy  Offline
trapper
G

minnesota
It's very, very, sad but not at all surprising. For years now we've told God to stay out of our schools and out of our lives. And being the gentleman that he is he has obliged. How can we be reasonable and expect God's protection? I think it was Madeline O'Hare that said she didn't want any more prayer in schools and we said that works for us. Somebody else said take down the ten commandments (thou shalt not kill, love your neighbor as yourself) and we said that works for us too.
A spiritual law is you reap what you sow and we are reaping just what we have sowed. Is it really any surprise?

"They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" Ben Franklin talking about guns
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158097
02/14/18 08:09 PM
02/14/18 08:09 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
i also don't care for the way the media is sticking microphones in the faces of these poor kids that are all frazzled and upset.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158105
02/14/18 08:13 PM
02/14/18 08:13 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Shooters last name is Cruz.18 yrs old former student.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: goldy] #6158110
02/14/18 08:15 PM
02/14/18 08:15 PM
Northern MN
O
Osky Offline
trapper
Osky  Offline
trapper
O

Northern MN
Originally Posted By: goldy
It's very, very, sad but not at all surprising. For years now we've told God to stay out of our schools and out of our lives. And being the gentleman that he is he has obliged. How can we be reasonable and expect God's protection? I think it was Madeline O'Hare that said she didn't want any more prayer in schools and we said that works for us. Somebody else said take down the ten commandments (thou shalt not kill, love your neighbor as yourself) and we said that works for us too.
A spiritual law is you reap what you sow and we are reaping just what we have sowed. Is it really any surprise?

A lot of truth in that..

Osky

"A womans heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth, and I can find no sign on it"

Jabless in Minnesota

www.SureDockusa.com
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Osky] #6158133
02/14/18 08:30 PM
02/14/18 08:30 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted By: Osky
Originally Posted By: Boco
I changed schools several times growing up,and right from grade two on you were tested right off the bat.I learned right off you had to beat up the bully then you were a-ok.

Yup. I attended 11 different schools. Same deal.

Osky
I had a friend who said his parents moved 12 times while he was in school, said he found them every time.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: goldy] #6158153
02/14/18 08:48 PM
02/14/18 08:48 PM
SE Montana
B
BigSky Offline
trapper
BigSky  Offline
trapper
B

SE Montana
Originally Posted By: goldy

Well put and I couldn’t agree more.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158168
02/14/18 08:56 PM
02/14/18 08:56 PM
Flint, Michigan
bhugo Offline
trapper
bhugo  Offline
trapper

Flint, Michigan
What about that whole town in Texas that got shot up in church? I don’t believe god is letting murderers into school because they took out the Ten Commandments. His reality was such that his actions were acceptable. That’s different than a couple three decades ago.

Member MTPCA, FTA and NTA
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158220
02/14/18 09:51 PM
02/14/18 09:51 PM
central nebraska
S
sandhiller78 Offline
trapper
sandhiller78  Offline
trapper
S

central nebraska
😥.. Prayers to all involved. I cannot imagine the pain and grief that will linger forever. It’s unfathonable.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Osky] #6158268
02/14/18 10:42 PM
02/14/18 10:42 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
So the question is what has changed to make others lives so disposable to these killers, and where do these shooters get the insane idea that it is their authority to take lives?

Prayers to all, and especially for the parents and family who waited for their phones to ring, but they never did.

Osky

Reading this post really brought it home for me........."their phones to ring, but they never did."
Prayers for all the families and everyone involved. May our heavenly father Jesus Christ give the affected families the peace they need.

According to the Heritage Foundation, over the last half decade in this country (since 1963), we have experienced the following....

41% increase in population growth
300% increase in GDP
500% increase in social spending

AND YET, according to the Heritage Foundation from 1963-1993, we have

560% increase in violent crime
400% increase in illegitimate births
400% increase in the divorce rate
300% increase in single parent homes
200% increase in teenage suicides, and a
75% decrease in SAT scores.

So what happened in 1963......? We took the Bible out of our schools. Since that time, we have seen increased divorce rates, increased breakup of family units, increase acceptance of homosexuality, increase in teenage pregnancies, an increase in the murder of inconvenient babies, and and an increase in crime rates. Pray for our country!

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Osky] #6158279
02/14/18 10:53 PM
02/14/18 10:53 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Hate and envy will never be eliminated and have always been present.

Whàte makes youth literally kill without conscience?

I 100% agree Osky!

What is the one thing that we don't have to teach our children? The answer is how to be bad, they do it all on their own. We don't have to teach them at all to be sinful or wicked, they do it all by themselves, but we do have to teach them to love one another including themselves.

I'm not going to make many friends saying this, but it is what I think.

We as a society have forced our children into an education system that "preaches" paganism via science through the false mechanism of evolution. We no longer advocate the Golden Rule; rather, that our children are products of random chance over billions of years. When they die, there is nothing to look forward to or be regretful for. This precious time we have on earth is not seen as sacred, and thus human life itself is not sacred.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158302
02/14/18 11:18 PM
02/14/18 11:18 PM
South Dakota
H
Hydropillar Offline
trapper
Hydropillar  Offline
trapper
H

South Dakota
I have to wonder if these shooters are whacked out on drugs, meth ,heroine ect. i know the people i have interacted that were on meth were terribly violent and unpredictable!

The only place you find free cheese is in a mousetrap !
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158304
02/14/18 11:24 PM
02/14/18 11:24 PM
ID
O
Ole Offline
trapper
Ole  Offline
trapper
O

ID
I agree that religion probably doesn't play as big a part in social lives of people as it used and care and concern for our fellow man seems to have been left by the wayside much more frequently. There is plenty of evidence of that on this forum. Social media and the internet have enabled anyone to find support for their thinking. This unrestrained availability is freedom of speech. Is it too much of a good thing? Is it the elephant in the room? Just throwing it out there.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Hydropillar] #6158307
02/14/18 11:30 PM
02/14/18 11:30 PM
Morehead city NC
JakeDog Offline
trapper
JakeDog  Offline
trapper

Morehead city NC
Originally Posted By: Hydropillar
I have to wonder if these shooters are whacked out on drugs, meth ,heroine ect. i know the people i have interacted that were on meth were terribly violent and unpredictable!

Probably a kid that got fed mood altering drugs growing up? Or anti depressants? Kid probably fed a pharmacy every time he acted up or didn't get good grades or parents believed he could pay attention or was too hyper. Then you got a media that spews nothing but hate and divisiveness? Any news channel comes on is hate and discontent? Preaching how bad America is? Whole world is hate these days, no wonder we are having such issues.

Just believe we are reaping the rewards of a generation or two of medicated kids.

J

They took cartoons like bugs bunny and Yosemite Sam off the tv cause they were violent? Three stooges? Well we never pulled no mess like this!

Suppression rules/prevention drools

Confidence is going fly fishing for Moby Dick, in a row boat, and bringing tartar sauce with you.
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: gryhkl] #6158309
02/14/18 11:31 PM
02/14/18 11:31 PM
Northeast Oklahoma
M
Mike in A-town Offline
trapper
Mike in A-town  Offline
trapper
M

Northeast Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: gryhkl
I'm not 60 yet, but when I went to high school, only one of my fiends had divorced parents. And all had fathers who demanded good behavior at school and at least decent grades. It all has to do with discipline and not accepting anything but appropriate behavior.

You can't demand "acceptable behavior" anymore. If you do you're a fascist/racist and your school district will have the ACLU and LGBTQ and numerous other alphabet soup organizations up their butt...

Mike

One man with a gun may control 100 others who have none.

Vladimir Lenin
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158312
02/14/18 11:38 PM
02/14/18 11:38 PM
NW MO
T
TurkeyTime Offline
trapper
TurkeyTime  Offline
trapper
T

NW MO
There are serious issues as mentioned above. One thing I haven't seen above is the fact that life in prison is too easy of a sentence and people that know of the crime don't get the punishment they deserve.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Chancey] #6158328
02/15/18 12:01 AM
02/15/18 12:01 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted By: Chancey
Hate and envy will never be eliminated and have always been present.

Whàte makes youth literally kill without conscience?

I 100% agree Osky!

What is the one thing that we don't have to teach our children? The answer is how to be bad, they do it all on their own. We don't have to teach them at all to be sinful or wicked, they do it all by themselves, but we do have to teach them to love one another including themselves.

I'm not going to make many friends saying this, but it is what I think.

We as a society have forced our children into an education system that "preaches" paganism via science through the false mechanism of evolution. We no longer advocate the Golden Rule; rather, that our children are products of random chance over billions of years. When they die, there is nothing to look forward to or be regretful for. This precious time we have on earth is not seen as sacred, and thus human life itself is not sacred.

Bingo. x1000
The other thing is most businesses were closed on Sunday for church/rest/family time. Businesses closed at a decent time. Then in the 90's more businesses decided to stay open on Sunday and stay open late every night including 24 hrs.

Last edited by adam m; 02/15/18 12:02 AM.
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158333
02/15/18 12:07 AM
02/15/18 12:07 AM
Bemidji, MN
S
swedeole Offline
trapper
swedeole  Offline
trapper
S

Bemidji, MN
Finster, in response to your demand that teachers "should be armed and if they refuse they should be dismissed" that is perhaps the most stupid thing I have ever read. More guns ain't the answer big boy - less easily obtained automatic weapons, fewer 15-shot magazines would be a good start tho.

I know I'll be labeled as some kind of traitor by you guns nuts, but I'd personally love to see some common sense and less NRA-driven paranoia. I personally hunt and carry a firearm more days than most on here, but I hate AR's. Seeing kids bloody in the streets every week is making me re-think my philosophy. Dead teenagers or semi-auto rifles. Hmm, seem like an easy choice. Nobody needs to be able to buy an AR, and nobody needs a 15 or 30 shell magazine. I'd be happy as heck if they were outlawed.

Gimme my shotgun, a .22 and a couple deer rifles. I won't ever own an AR.

Go ahead and have at me. I don't care.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: swedeole] #6158336
02/15/18 12:11 AM
02/15/18 12:11 AM
ny
T
Teallbrook Offline
trapper
Teallbrook  Offline
trapper
T

ny
Originally Posted By: swedeole
Finster, in response to your demand that teachers "should be armed and if they refuse they should be dismissed" that is perhaps the most stupid thing I have ever read. More guns ain't the answer big boy - less easily obtained automatic weapons, fewer 15-shot magazines would be a good start tho.

I know I'll be labeled as some kind of traitor by you guns nuts, but I'd personally love to see some common sense and less NRA-driven paranoia. I personally hunt and carry a firearm more days than most on here, but I hate AR's. Seeing kids bloody in the streets every week is making me re-think my philosophy. Dead teenagers or semi-auto rifles. Hmm, seem like an easy choice. Nobody needs to be able to buy an AR, and nobody needs a 15 or 30 shell magazine. I'd be happy as heck if they were outlawed.

I agree

Glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Teallbrook] #6158342
02/15/18 12:18 AM
02/15/18 12:18 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted By: Teallbrook
Originally Posted By: swedeole

I agree

Bullcrap, every word of it.
Going after semi long guns, why? Are you prepared to go after semi pistols if that's what is legal after you take long guns from people?
(because that's what the nut-cases will use to do shoot ups, and they're easier to hide)

ITS NOT THE GUN

Last edited by hippie; 02/15/18 12:42 AM.
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread