No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158423
02/15/18 05:34 AM
02/15/18 05:34 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: swedeole] #6158444
02/15/18 07:04 AM
02/15/18 07:04 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted By: swedeole
Finster, in response to your demand that teachers "should be armed and if they refuse they should be dismissed" that is perhaps the most stupid thing I have ever read. More guns ain't the answer big boy - less easily obtained automatic weapons, fewer 15-shot magazines would be a good start tho.

I know I'll be labeled as some kind of traitor by you guns nuts, but I'd personally love to see some common sense and less NRA-driven paranoia. I personally hunt and carry a firearm more days than most on here, but I hate AR's. Seeing kids bloody in the streets every week is making me re-think my philosophy. Dead teenagers or semi-auto rifles. Hmm, seem like an easy choice. Nobody needs to be able to buy an AR, and nobody needs a 15 or 30 shell magazine. I'd be happy as heck if they were outlawed.

Gimme my shotgun, a .22 and a couple deer rifles. I won't ever own an AR.

Go ahead and have at me. I don't care.

What a crock! Teachers should all be armed and highly trained for their own safety as well as the safety of the students. It should be a job requirement. I love how you liberals want to ban an inanimate abject every time and not look at the real cause of mental illness. NONE of my AR's have ever shot anyone, they have never jumped down off the rack, walked out the door and performed a mass shooting. As usual, your argument is half witted. How many people are killed every year by drunk drivers? Maybe we could ban all cars? Think of the lives it would save. After all, with your liberal way of thinking, that would solve the problem. So let's all go back to horses and save lives! In countries where guns are harder to come by, mass murders haven't slowed down. People get plowed over by truck, blown up by bombs, killed with knives and countless other methods. What do they all have in common? In one form or another, mental illness. If teachers were trained and armed, they would at least have a chance. Then again, common sense seems to be lacking these days especially in the liberal camp if it ever existed there at all.

Last edited by Finster; 02/15/18 07:10 AM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158463
02/15/18 08:03 AM
02/15/18 08:03 AM
Fairbanks, Alaska
Pete in Frbks Offline
trapper
Pete in Frbks  Offline
trapper

Fairbanks, Alaska
Sad to see T-man participants repeating the liberal talking points about further regulation.

If passing a new law or regulation would help so much, perhaps we need only pass a new law that makes it illegal to murder innocent school kids?

Oh, wait a minute, we already have that one.... For some reason the bad guys don't pay any attention to it.

So tell me again why the NEXT gun control law or regulation would be the one that the bad guys WOULD obey?

I never cease to be amazed how this rather simple concept seems always to bypass the liberal brain.

Pete

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: swedeole] #6158464
02/15/18 08:07 AM
02/15/18 08:07 AM
PA
G
gryhkl Offline
trapper
gryhkl  Offline
trapper
G

PA
Slippery slope my arse. That's just an NRA talking point. Ingrain in their base that ANY gun law is a bad thing. That banning any type of gun is a bad thing.

It's common sense. When we see mass shootings and every one of them is with an AR and 15 or 30 round magazines, common sense would dictate that maybe we should do something about them. The shooting is not about the gun, but the massive body counts and carnage and wasted lives of innocent teenagers IS about the guns.

With 300+ million people in our country, there's going to be some severely mentally ill/unstable/violent people who will slip through the cracks and do mass shootings. But there would be a lot fewer dead children at the end of it if these people weren't able to get military-style AR's and 30 round clips whenever they wanted them.

You can't argue with that.

Yep. Even foxnews is questioning the ease with which these weapons can get into the wrong hands.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: swedeole] #6158469
02/15/18 08:17 AM
02/15/18 08:17 AM
MI
lebowski Offline
trapper
lebowski  Offline
trapper

MI
Schools can't afford supplies under the current budgets. And Fister is suggesting we arm and train all teachers to use firearms in a dynamic situation? Get real.

The reality is the majority of Americans agree with swedole. Time for real action.

Finster, in response to your demand that teachers "should be armed and if they refuse they should be dismissed" that is perhaps the most stupid thing I have ever read. More guns ain't the answer big boy - less easily obtained automatic weapons, fewer 15-shot magazines would be a good start tho.

I know I'll be labeled as some kind of traitor by you guns nuts, but I'd personally love to see some common sense and less NRA-driven paranoia. I personally hunt and carry a firearm more days than most on here, but I hate AR's. Seeing kids bloody in the streets every week is making me re-think my philosophy. Dead teenagers or semi-auto rifles. Hmm, seem like an easy choice. Nobody needs to be able to buy an AR, and nobody needs a 15 or 30 shell magazine. I'd be happy as heck if they were outlawed.

Gimme my shotgun, a .22 and a couple deer rifles. I won't ever own an AR.

Go ahead and have at me. I don't care.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

--The Dude
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158470
02/15/18 08:23 AM
02/15/18 08:23 AM
Ohio
Ronaround Offline
trapper
Ronaround  Offline
trapper

Ohio
Oh my, did they say AR-15..
BTW he's a ANTIFA supporter & member of many resistance groups to boot.any one condemning them yet?

Taking away 30 round mags we did before and guess what you just bring more smaller ones. There is no one sure fix for this.Possibly doing what is on the Books should be first and foremost. Stop making more Regs the priority with no one enforcing the old. Was there school policy being enforced at the school yesterday and protocol being met? or did it get lax and this happened? this i would like to know.
My sympathy to all the families that endured this tragedy.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158473
02/15/18 08:27 AM
02/15/18 08:27 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Online Content
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Guns are not the problem. Never have been never will be. The reason we are having more shootings is not because there are more guns. It's social and moral issues of society. Why don't the liberals want to fix those or even admit what the real problem is?

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158512
02/15/18 09:09 AM
02/15/18 09:09 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
These arguments are always dumb and overly politisized with nothing ever getting done except for adding more bloody bodies in the streets.

The left wants to blame guns, the right wants to blame mental illness. It's both....let's address both the tool and the underlying reason that society has created broken sick people.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158513
02/15/18 09:11 AM
02/15/18 09:11 AM
Flint, Michigan
bhugo Offline
trapper
bhugo  Offline
trapper

Flint, Michigan
I have to believe that there are plenty of “non-assault” style guns that he could have used. I don’t see That banning certain guns would have any effect. I also believe that there are plenty of hi capacity magazines made and sold already. Banning them wouldn’t mean you couldn’t get them.

Arming teachers is a choice. How much training does a LEO need to be able to wield a pistol in an area full of innocent people? Seems like a lot to me. You’d have to do a heck of a lot of training. That’s expensive. I certainly don’t believe each teacher should be forced into that. Some of them simply wouldn’t cut it. How many people can’t cut it in law enforcement? I guess if the teacher wanted to be trained and was capable great, otherwise, it looks obvious that schools need their own security or police officers at each door. That’s expensive too, but if folks are willing to pay for it, it’s a solution.

Not sure about people carrying in school without training to use the gun in that situation. The training I had to get my ccw permit certainly didn’t have training for that situation. The police would probably shoot an adult with a gun in a school if they saw them. How would you tell if they were the bad guy? I’d like to hear from some LEO’s on that.

The kid was expelled from school. Maybe that should be a red flag for buying guns? Is there even a check on rifles? I’m not sure if that would have stopped him.

Member MTPCA, FTA and NTA
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: AntiGov] #6158555
02/15/18 09:58 AM
02/15/18 09:58 AM
South MS
dublelung Offline
trapper
dublelung  Offline
trapper

South MS
Originally Posted By: AntiGov
Not sure about this case , but the common denominator in all these nut job shootings is prescribed psychotropic meds

Little Johnny has issues

He is taken to a Dr.

The doctor is trained to diagnose and places little Johnny in one of many categories. ( schizophrenia, bipolar, depression , anxiety, etc )

The doctor must label little Johnny or he cannot prescribe any medication

The doctor repeats this process with thousands of patients annually making an exceptional living

The truth is that all little Johnny needed was a swift kick in the a zzzzz now and then

That's the truth!
Some of you pansies blaming the AR is laughable. You're probably the same ones who put your kid's nose in the corner instead of whipping his little @ss when he get's out of line.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158559
02/15/18 10:00 AM
02/15/18 10:00 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
all comes down to nobody being held accountable for their actions for too long now.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158562
02/15/18 10:01 AM
02/15/18 10:01 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Online content
trapper
Rat Masterson  Online Content
trapper
R

South Dakota
So they ban ARs, now what, they have to be turned in? We going to have the sheriffs dept. go house to house. How about the National Guard show up on your lawn with a 50 cal on a half track. Maybe we just make it a felony to own one. So what's the solution you anti gunners? The one thing I do know, if the Gov. tries confiscation the amount of people killed will be 1000 times greater than any mass shooting. The bottom line is when the Gov. makes a law it's not about anything other than modifying behavior. Cause they know best just ask them.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158569
02/15/18 10:11 AM
02/15/18 10:11 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
I doubt they will go door to door confiscating them,they will,like you said,make it a felony to posess one,and go from there.Most law abiding citizens have more at stake to take the chance of a 10 year prison sentence than turning in one gun.A lot will keep them but will be taking a big chance if they ever try to use them.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: pcr2] #6158573
02/15/18 10:15 AM
02/15/18 10:15 AM
Flint, Michigan
bhugo Offline
trapper
bhugo  Offline
trapper

Flint, Michigan
Originally Posted By: pcr2
all comes down to nobody being held accountable for their actions for too long now.

I agree with you.

Member MTPCA, FTA and NTA
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158574
02/15/18 10:16 AM
02/15/18 10:16 AM
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Tweed Offline
trapper
Tweed  Offline
trapper

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Or they'll do what they did in 1994 and everything will be grandfathered.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158577
02/15/18 10:20 AM
02/15/18 10:20 AM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Online content
trapper
Rat Masterson  Online Content
trapper
R

South Dakota
How many ARs in this country now 2 million 5 million? Yea that will do it. Lets stop bringing them in.

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158580
02/15/18 10:23 AM
02/15/18 10:23 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
MORE- God, more discipline, more accountability, more parenting.
LESS- electronics, less "time outs", less participation trophies.

Has nothing to do with guns, or the amount of rounds in the magazine. You can kill with a butter knife.
Smaller mag sizes only means you can carry more of them. All this violence and senseless murder in our world is heart breaking. Very sad. But, banning guns or restrictions on mag capacity won't change or help.

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158582
02/15/18 10:25 AM
02/15/18 10:25 AM
Northern Missouri
Northmocats Offline
trapper
Northmocats  Offline
trapper

Northern Missouri
I wont ever budge on my Second Amendment rights.
Anyone who does, needs to get on a plane and move to Australia if you dont like our Guns!

Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Northmocats] #6158586
02/15/18 10:27 AM
02/15/18 10:27 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Originally Posted By: Northmocats
I wont ever budge on my Second Amendment rights.
Anyone who does, needs to get on a plane and move to Australia if you dont like our Guns!
I agree. By the way, how is Australia's crime rate.....

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: Active school shooting! [Re: Finster] #6158592
02/15/18 10:33 AM
02/15/18 10:33 AM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Lebowski why let those teachers who own them carry them? Make training mandatory for them. It can be part of their ce credits. Schools can budget for it if they see it as priority. I know many businesses and churches that allow their staff to carry if they have their ccw or open carry. The businesses and churches also provide active shooter training. I'm sure there would many instructors who would provide free or high discount training for schools. I know a few who would train them for free in a heart beat.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread