Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
The way I trap, (flat set video) #6294974
08/05/18 01:41 PM
08/05/18 01:41 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline OP
trapper
PAskinner  Offline OP
trapper
P

PA
The older I get, the more I like to simplify my trapping and the less stuff I want to carry. I start out the season with pan covers and peat moss, maybe pre sifted dirt, carrying ten lure, sifter, maybe even something for a lure holder By week two, I have a trap, a hammer in a bucket with some sort of trap covering and one bottle of lure in my pocket. Sometimes you do have to carry extra stuff for the conditions, but I just can't seem to get in the habit of hauling around extra stuff. How will I ever catch anything if I don't have all the latest gadgets?

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: The way I trap, (flat set video) [Re: PAskinner] #6294980
08/05/18 01:51 PM
08/05/18 01:51 PM
Maine
M
Mac Offline
trapper
Mac  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
Nice. Thanks for sharing.

Re: The way I trap, (flat set video) [Re: PAskinner] #6295049
08/05/18 03:30 PM
08/05/18 03:30 PM
Maine
M
mainer Offline
trapper
mainer  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
I'm hoofing it in most of the time and always looking for ways to simplify. The one piece of equipment I could not do without is my Loring pack basket. I actually have two, one for beaver and the other for everything else.

Thanks for the video.

"...in a very few days we succeeded in taking over one hundred beaver, the skins of which were worth ten dollars per pound."
Jim Beckwourth (1856)
Re: The way I trap, (flat set video) [Re: PAskinner] #6295656
08/06/18 12:45 PM
08/06/18 12:45 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline OP
trapper
PAskinner  Offline OP
trapper
P

PA
It would be a better video if I had the camera angled so you could see the trap bed. It's pretty important to get the bed shaped right when you are not packing the trap in.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91