No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: Jarhead620] #6348271
10/15/18 04:12 PM
10/15/18 04:12 PM
Ohio
C
Computer Hater Offline
trapper
Computer Hater  Offline
trapper
C

Ohio
Originally Posted By: Jarhead620
Originally Posted By: Boco
Mall's a closet Jehovah.

Or a Holy Roller. I wish he would just get out of my face. It gets boring.

Jarhead

Don't read his posts then. How difficult is that?

Randy
Member NTA, FTA
Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: star flakes] #6348395
10/15/18 07:31 PM
10/15/18 07:31 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline OP
trapper
brianmall  Offline OP
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted By: star flakes
According to Scripture and not clever clergy sowing dissension, Jesus as the Son of God does forgive (reject) sin (transgression, trespass, debt) and according to that same Son of God, in the Lord's Prayer, God does in the Father forgive sins.

Matthew 6:12

And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

Is the sin forgiven? Or the one who committed them forgiven?

Luke 5:20

And when He saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins are forgiven thee.

Luke 7:48

And He said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven.

Colossians 1:14

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Ephesians 1:7

In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Acts 26:18

To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Is the sin forgiven? Or the one who committed them forgiven?

Last edited by brianmall; 10/15/18 07:32 PM.
Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: amspoker] #6348400
10/15/18 07:40 PM
10/15/18 07:40 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline OP
trapper
brianmall  Offline OP
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted By: amspoker

What is sin?[/quot]

1st and foremost: rejection of Jesus Christ

In fact: Its the only sin that will condem your soul to H3ll

Which Jesus?

There are many who come in His name. [/quote]

This one

Matthew 2:1-8 KJVS
Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, [2] Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. [3] When Herod the king had heard these things , he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him. [4] And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born. [5] And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet, [6] And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel. [7] Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. [8] And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him , bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.

Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: brianmall] #6348407
10/15/18 07:45 PM
10/15/18 07:45 PM
MN
FlyinFinn Offline
trapper
FlyinFinn  Offline
trapper

MN
Why would a sin need forgiving? Sins don't need salvation.

Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: danny clifton] #6348414
10/15/18 07:53 PM
10/15/18 07:53 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline OP
trapper
brianmall  Offline OP
trapper
B

Indiana
Originally Posted By: danny clifton
so if adolf hitler believed jesus was a god he doesn't get set on fire, but the nonbeliever that runs a homeless shelter and food bank does?

Any and all sin noo matter how trivial the sin. Is enough to separate one from God. We are all guilty by just being related to Adam.

In short:. If hittler some how managed to know Jesus Christ as his savior before he died and the homeless shelter person did not? Then yes, hittler would be forgiven and the homeless shelter guy would not be forgiven.

But here is the deal! We are known by our fruit! If one is truly saved? Then one should love Christ! If one loves Christ? Then one should do their best to keep Gods commandments!

There is only one sin that will condem you to h3ll! That is a rejection of Jesus Christ. Everything else can be forgiven through Jesus Christ!

Now, I don't believe folks like Hittler are salvageable! Because, their rejection of Jesus Christ has gone so far that they have been given over to reprobate mind. At that point it would literally take an act of God to make you see the truth. Like Paul on the demascus road.

It's this simple:. We are all born condemned and stay condemned until we are reborn and made new through Christ. At that point you are redeemed. Your sin debt being paid for by Jesus Christ death on cross.

Last edited by brianmall; 10/15/18 07:56 PM.
Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: brianmall] #6348421
10/15/18 07:57 PM
10/15/18 07:57 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Online crying
"Wilbur"
Savell  Online Crying
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
.... y’all ought to take up serpents and speak Pig Latin like those Apostolic Pentecostal hands ...that’s the real deal right there .....everything else is just lightweight watered down believin

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: brianmall] #6348451
10/15/18 08:19 PM
10/15/18 08:19 PM
Indiana
B
brianmall Offline OP
trapper
brianmall  Offline OP
trapper
B

Indiana
This isn't the dragqueen story time thread savell.

But I'm still glad to see you!

Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: brianmall] #6348463
10/15/18 08:27 PM
10/15/18 08:27 PM
Central Pa. 62
B
bic Offline
"Mr. Sensitivity"
bic  Offline
"Mr. Sensitivity"
B

Central Pa. 62
I think many believers get hung up on trying to convince others to follow their beliefs. Hence the term Bible thumpers. It is my belief that as a Christian, we are to spread the word. That's it! If that seed is planted and the person is receptive, God will handle it from there. After all, We can't save anyone! That is between them and the Almighty.

Life always offers a second chance.
It's called Tomorrow
Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: brianmall] #6348474
10/15/18 08:33 PM
10/15/18 08:33 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

East of the Mason-Dixon Line
I think that is the same thing Bic.

But I get it we lead them to Christ, it is up to them to believe and accept the Holy Spirit.
Can’t make them believe.

Last edited by DelawareRob; 10/15/18 08:34 PM.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: Kart29] #6348553
10/15/18 10:03 PM
10/15/18 10:03 PM
Oklahoma
Ken Smith Offline
trapper
Ken Smith  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Kart29
Really, would we want to worship a God that doesn't punish evil? I don't think so. When we see the horrible things some people have done to others we cry out to God for justice. In our hearts, we all want God to punish the evil that we see in this world.

I think what brianmall and this pastor mean is that God's justice demands punishment for evil. And God is to be praised for his justice. So even though WE can be forgiven, our sins cannot. Even if I am forgiven, there is still a penalty that must be paid for all the evil I have done and continue to do.

If God doesn't require punishment for evil, then why did Jesus need to suffer and die on the cross? Why couldn't God just magically forgive and forget all the sins of His children? He cannot do so because His holy nature will not allow it. God is holy, just, and his nature demands that evil be punished.

The only reason we can be forgiven is because Jesus suffered the punishment for the real, actual, and particular sins of God's people. The sins of God's people do not go unpunished - it is Jesus that accepted the punishment for us. He took my sins upon himself and gave me his perfect righteousness in exchange. That's the good news. My sins are forgiven of me, but only because God the Father poured out His wrath and punishment for my wickedness upon His only son who, out of obedience to his father, accepted the penalty for me.

I love the lyrics of this hymn by John Newton called "Let us Love and Sing and Wonder"

Let us wonder. Grace and justice
Join and point to mercy's store
When through grace in Christ our trust is
Justice smiles and asks no more

Just think about that! God's perfect demand for holy justice looks at me, sees the blood of Jesus, smiles, and asks no more! That is cause to sing and wonder. Grace and Justice joined together and pointing to God's immense love. What a beautiful God!

“Love was compressed for all history in that lonely figure on the cross, who said that he could call down angels at any moment on a rescue mission, but chose not to – because of us. At Calvary, God accepted his own unbreakable terms of justice.” --Philip Yancey

Also, Christians believe it is possible for the most wicked of men to be saved, but only because of the unsurpassing greatness of the Savior. Our mortal minds would consider the wickedness of some monsters to be so vile that they are beyond forgiveness. But, in thinking so, we underestimate the power of the sacrifice of the infinite and immortal God. Plus, I think the huge difference we see between the evil people and the "good" people in this world is really not so great when viewed from the perspective of a perfect and holy, holy, holy God. On the spectrum of good versus evil, if Adolf Hitler is the pinnacle of evil, and a perfect God is on the other end of the spectrum, Mother Theresa would still be about a half-inch away from Hitler and a trillion light away years from God.

I am a great sinner. But I have a great Saviour!

AMEN!
Very well put!

Matthew 7:6 KJV
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine....
-OFBA, NTA, FTA, TTFHA-
Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: brianmall] #6348718
10/16/18 06:02 AM
10/16/18 06:02 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I think we should have fun with our small kids and grandkids. Put a bowl of the favorite candy or ice cream or cake within reach and tell them no matter what don't eat it. Leave the room and watch secretly through a keyhole till they eat a little. Burst into the room and beat them severely for disobedience. Then punish them for the rest of their lives. People have more character when treated/raised properly.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: brianmall] #6348731
10/16/18 06:18 AM
10/16/18 06:18 AM
ky
R
Redsleeves Offline
trapper
Redsleeves  Offline
trapper
R

ky
Thats meesed up you shouldnt do kids that way!
Colt

Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: danny clifton] #6348743
10/16/18 06:42 AM
10/16/18 06:42 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted By: danny clifton
I think we should have fun with our small kids and grandkids. Put a bowl of the favorite candy or ice cream or cake within reach and tell them no matter what don't eat it. Leave the room and watch secretly through a keyhole till they eat a little. Burst into the room and beat them severely for disobedience. Then punish them for the rest of their lives. People have more character when treated/raised properly.

Or knowing all those things are going to give them diabetes and cause them to lose limbs and eventually die, offer to lead them to eat good things and share with others and reward them with eternal life. lol

-Goofy-
Re: God does NOT forgive sin! [Re: bic] #6352078
10/20/18 07:55 AM
10/20/18 07:55 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: bic
I think many believers get hung up on trying to convince others to follow their beliefs. Hence the term Bible thumpers. It is my belief that as a Christian, we are to spread the word. That's it! If that seed is planted and the person is receptive, God will handle it from there. After all, We can't save anyone! That is between them and the Almighty.

Yep. We catch 'em. God cleans 'em.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread